Issue with playing songs out of media library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

FloppySpatula

Issue with playing songs out of media library

Post by FloppySpatula »

Hi. I've had MediaMonkey for a while now (v. 3.0) and enjoy it thoroughly.

I have had a couple of unusual problems with it, however. The one I shall address here has to do with the disorder in the 'Now Playing' playlist. What happens is if I try to play a song from a folder (eg selecting a group of songs in a folder, right clicking and selecting play in MM) the songs always appear to be shuffled before appearing on my playlist. That is, track 4 is queued up before track 2, 7 in front of 3, so on. The order changes each time I select the same group of songs. I have made sure I have shuffle off, and I should since everything works fine if I play songs right from the media library.

Is there something I can do so that if I select say 4 songs to play anywhere on my computer that they'll play in the right order? It's kind of hassle to have to manually reorder them all the time or to have to add them to my library to play them.

I run Windows Vista Home Premium if it matters. Thanks for any help.
Lowlander

Re: Issue with playing songs out of media library

Post by Lowlander »

Windows Explorer normally adds tracks starting with the last highlighted (or the one you right click on) track of the selected tracks.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

add songs to mediamonkey database and make playlists.
set the playorder in the list.
turn off the shuffle on player.
play the list.

songs in order you want to hear them in that way.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
FloppySpatula

Post by FloppySpatula »

Lowlander wrote:Windows Explorer normally adds tracks starting with the last highlighted (or the one you right click on) track of the selected tracks.
I understand that, but that's actually not my problem.

What happens is, say I select 8 tracks and always right click the first one to play in that order. For whatever reason the songs most likely wont load up in the right order (sometimes they do, out of luck). An example is, I'll select the 8 tracks, ordered correctly, but when I select them to play in MM they'll be in the order 1,3,2,7,6,5,4,8, instead of sequentially.

Is this just something buggy in the program that I just have to live with (not a biggie), or has someone encountered this and knows how to fix it?

Post by Guest »

I have this problem to, quite an annoying one. If i highlight an album in explorer the files don't get added to the now playing list in the correct order? this only hapens in MM, always worked fine with windows player.

Does anybody know afix for this?

i am running win xp.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you follow the instructions above?
Lowlander wrote:Windows Explorer normally adds tracks starting with the last highlighted (or the one you right click on) track of the selected tracks.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your help Lowlander, I understood this time :roll:

It is working as expected now as long as i click the first track at the top of the list.

Not sure why i didn't get it the first time, was having a blonde moment :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is btw due to Windows Explorer, as it works the same in other programs.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I see how the songs are highlighted in the explorer window. Why doesn't explorer (in the details/album artist view) scroll to the song playing when it starts to play? Is this by design or is there something I need to activate/deactivate? If not, is there a script that will do this?
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey only scrolls to the currently playing song in the Now Playing window or Now Playing node. There will be a hotkey in MediaMonkey 3.1 to auto-scroll to the currently playing song.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

Thank you
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"