Sorting question ("The...", "A...")

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Zeke129

Re: Sorting question ("The...", "A...")

Post by Zeke129 »

I'd also like to know the answer to this question. It has always bothered me but I've begun to learn to live with it.

Ü is another thing that doesn't do what I want it to.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Currently it can be done for Artists only. Go to Tools->Options->Library->Appearance and select "Ignore prefixes when sorting by Artist"
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

As I said it's currently only working for Artists. Support for other fields has been requested earlier and is on the wishlist.

Note that you can add any "prefix" you want to the list (comma separated). But the prefix needs to be followed by a space in the Artist name for it to work.
I.e. you can fix A Flock of Seagulls but not (((Sounder))).

All this will hopefully be supported in a future version of MM.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
benjam1986

Post by benjam1986 »

Ok I did this and it worked in my Library, but is it possible to have my playlists organized the same way? For instance, I made an A Perfect Circle playlist. Why can't that be with the P's instead of the A's in the playlist node?