iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

gast

Re: iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Post by gast »

sync to iphone os3.0 work ???? I need the file ????
cadnukes

Post by cadnukes »

I can no longer sync my iPhone 3G with MediaMonkey after download the OS 3 package from Apple. Error reads that it not compatible with the firmware.
Skullneck

Post by Skullneck »

cadnukes wrote:I can no longer sync my iPhone 3G with MediaMonkey after download the OS 3 package from Apple. Error reads that it not compatible with the firmware.
Dude, just like the rest of us poor suckers.
LUKMCD

Post by LUKMCD »

Any progress????
axlrose

Post by axlrose »

januario wrote:I've been using MM for a while and don't want to resort to iTunes. I also don't want to wait to sync my iPhone now that I've upgraded to 3.0. Has anyone tried to sync MM to a removable USB drive and then use that USB drive as the iTunes library? That would allow me to have my lossless files on MM, auto-convert them to the USB drive, and sync the whole set to the iPhone with iTunes. I also hope this will update the playcounts across the whole system.

Although this may work, I wonder if changing files on the USB drive will screw up iTunes.

Any advice?
Here is some script which does updates on Itunes lib. May be it can be hooked with the MM to keep it in sync

http://www.simmonsconsulting.com/2006/0 ... p-to-date/
StefanAalten

Post by StefanAalten »

Hi,

I can't sync from MediaMonkey 3.1 to my iPhone 3.0. Worked fine before the Apple update to my iPhone (2.1 to 3.0). Scanning this forum I understand why ... :-(

Any rough idea as to when (or whether?) a fix will be available to MediaMonkey?

Many thanks in advance.

Stefan

PS. MediaMonkey is excellent, love it! (well worth the money!)
jiri

Post by jiri »

I updated this http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=20757 forum post, that's all we can say at this moment.

Jiri
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

ooops just saw Jiri's response - ignore me.

It'd be great to have some developer response to this thread - the changelog status hasn't changed since it was raised http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5798

Seems like everyone's being patient, but we are hanging out for the fix :) would just be cool to know that some folks in the know have got their game on and things are in hand...

I'm really really not that keen on transfering any music into itunes to put on the pod, regardless of how temporary a measure it is - I've spent so many evenings tidying up the tags in my collection that I don't want itunes to even know I've got mp3's somewhere (every other time its even looked at my files its had its own view of what should be in the tags, neither I (or my girlfriend) want me sitting at the computer for weeks cleaning it all up again!).
dolfandon

Post by dolfandon »

Have I mentioned that I hate Apple for exactly this reason. What a bunch of pompous asses. If there wasn't an ipod interface in my car I would get rid of it.

DD
cmx

Post by cmx »

Thanks for update Jiri.

If there is anything that casual users could do to help expidite the DB crunch issue I'm sure there are many here that would readily jump in to help....

Possibly someone could point out a board or a site that would have information about helping out in this delicate matter...like, I would send a case of Redbull if it would help, whatever.

Here is a good overview for those that aren't familiar with the issues...:
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2008/11/ap ... -violation

Its such a piss off....as a "layman"...as I understand it:
we own the hardware, the actual physical media the db file is on...
we own the db file(as individual owners we actually have copyright rights under US and International law to the generated file itself)...
we own the data accessed by and used to create the db file...
we can read the db file and data generated in the db file itself with any software........

Yet...Apple arbitraily created and installed(without my express and specific permission or request) obfuscating hash technology during a software update that then requires new software to be generated by third parties in order for me to WRITE to MY db file....I wish someone had the money to waste to sue Apple for "unlawful seizure of MY property"...lol, not to mention PAIN AND SUFFERING, MENTAL ABUSE, etc....lol
DaSwitz

Post by DaSwitz »

I'm not sure how the hash was broken the first time around, but the guys over iphone-dev have already jailbroken the 3G running 3.0 OS and will have the 3GS jailbroken soon. Hopefully jailbreaking the 3.0 OS is a big step towards reverse engineering the db.
munkifisht

Post by munkifisht »

I think the whole situation with Apple on these phones is almost getting to the stage of illegality. I have been comparing it to the US V Microsoft case, and I can't really see the difference. In fact, Microsoft were almost more open with their OS then Apple. The only difference is what we call the hardware. Essentially, the iPhone is a mini laptop. It is capable of running any mac app (so long as it is correctly adjusted for the touch screen), but as all of us CHUMPS know, Apple don't want to let us use our smart phones to their full capability. This idea that ties us to what is essentially a shop front, a program that I consider to be as bas as any Malware, that ties my computer up whenever I run it, is totally backward. The idea that we can't get flash on the browser (essentially because Apple want to prevent you from gaining access to free apps) must be challenged, esspically since they advertise the phone as having full access to the internet. Anyway, I just think it's strange, but I did see that some of the mobile carriers are starting to hit apple with monopoly suits.

Anyway, I digress. MM can not be too quick in releasing this. If I have to use iTunes more then once, I think my computers life might be in danger of flying out my window, followed quickly by my POS iphone.
Miggity

Post by Miggity »

Hmm... this is too bad. Can't wait for a fix quick enough!

Post by Guest »

This whole thing is rediculous, apple should be supporting iphone customers who want to use other software.. Is there a petition somewhere that we can sign to put pressure on them to do the right thing? It cant be that hard to release under license some api that lets approved 3rd party apps interact with iphones and ipods.

itunes is clearly a good piece of software, lots of people love it, but it doesnt play nice with my setup and apparently many other people in this forum have reasons not to use it.. Instead of trying to coerce us to use itunes apple should respect that we like the iphone device but we dont want to use itunes to sync to it. This way we remain happy iphone customers and not frustrated iphone customers who cant sync anything to it.

Post by Guest »

a small thing, but sign this online petition so that apple can hear our voices and maybe they'll do something
http://www.petitiononline.com/iphcmpt/petition.html