Vitreous v2.0 - 7/13/2011

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: VitreousBlue v1.1 - Original MM3 skin

Post by nohitter151 »

This skin is now included by default with MediaMonkey (version 3.1+).

VitreousBlue v1.1.5.2 - 3/19/09
-Minor theme changes
-Updated search bar
-Updated shuffle button
-Improved NavBar
-Improved pop up menus
-Now bundled with MediaMonkey by default! :D (v3.1+)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Congratulations, you deserve it because this is by far the best most professional skin for MM and I mean no disrespect to any of the other hard working skinner's or their skins.

I use your skin all the time with the MediaMonkey default icon set because I have poor eye sight and can't see your icon set clearly, but I still think Vitreous Blue is very clean and crisp looking. It is also one of the most complete with all areas skinned correctly to the theme.

Again well done!
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thank you very much :D

Updates are still to come...

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I've been playing with this skin, and I'd like to get some quick feedback. What are your thoughts on the screenshot below? (click on it to see the whole picture)

Do you notice anything different at all? (I had my brother look at it, who also uses MM and VitreousBlue skin, he didn't notice anything different :lol: ... if its that bad, you can see the first post for VitreousBlue in its current state)

What are your thoughts on the new player? Did I strip it down too much? Is it too small? Do you see anything that you think would improve the skin further?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks :)

paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Well yes the player is entirely different.
I think at this time and only after a quick look I prefer the original.
I like the art preview in the player and I like the centralised blue stars. I have a wide screen monitor and it looks better to me.
Your original was just that, original and unique, sometimes it's hard to improve on this :)

Make it an alternate version choice and I am sure there will be people who prefer this.

One thing I would like to see is a thinner main border

Thanks for continuing to develop this skin.
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

paulmt wrote: One thing I would like to see is a thinner main border
I guess you mean on the bottom/sides? I can't make the top border much smaller...

paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Yes, I meant the bottom and sides. As you say the top border is already nice and compact.

Just looking at this new design a bit more, I do like it but I wonder as a suggestion the following..

Place the rating stars blue or gold in the middle
Increase a little, the size of the "go back" "stop" and "go forward" buttons and centralise them to the the big "pause, start" button.

That would look better, to me anyway :D
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Well the only thing i don`like is the possition from volumen bar, i never like the idea to have the volumen bar one the opposite site from playcontrolls ( like glided skin ) i think it's more usfull when they are together,maybe more like this:

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thanks DreadM. I considered that, but then there isn't enough room for a mute button next to the volume bar. Any thoughts about that?

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

nohitter151 wrote:Thanks DreadM. I considered that, but then there isn't enough room for a mute button next to the volume bar. Any thoughts about that?
squash the display area and make the titles and artists scroll all the time. you can slow it down a little bit by shear size of line to scroll. i did this in the recent updates to jade monkey, vumeter and on the range skins of mine.

just in the ini file type after the = this. > or other symbol if you want a different one that is just to show the text is coming, you then space out the % codes with the space bar. the longer you do it the more blank space between the fields shown. of course you need to keep in mind that the scroll has to finish before the song does.
i made them do the scroll in about a minute and half.
heres a short visual example.

Code: Select all

=.>                  %S                            %A                   %C2             %G           %AL                     <.
so when you see that across the screen it has <.***.> when it starts and stops the scroll.
what i did was really longer spaces then that but it seems to slow down the scrolling, mostly i think cause of the less letters being shown at once on the screen.

but doing that you can have a wider area for your player controls.
if you want a wider area. me i don't mind things on the right side of the player it shakes up things from the normal which is good to do every now and then. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
nohitter151 wrote:Thanks DreadM. I considered that, but then there isn't enough room for a mute button next to the volume bar. Any thoughts about that?
Shure Nohitter ,why must be the mute button near the volumebar? there is a pause button and stop button to cut the sound, do you realy need a 3. one in this area.Also i don't understand why most people prefer to have the mute button left side from volumenbar,if you click on left end from vol bar you got the same effect.

Just a few thoughts about the mute button

btw:
in the screenshot i post the vol bar is a bit longer than the orginal, before was space for a button .
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

DreadM wrote:Greetings
Shure Nohitter ,why must be the mute button near the volumebar? there is a pause button and stop button to cut the sound, do you realy need a 3. one in this area.Also i don't understand why most people prefer to have the mute button left side from volumenbar,if you click on left end from vol bar you got the same effect.
Well, that just seems to be the standard way it is displayed in most programs, look at VLC, WMP, iTunes, etc. Also, having the mute button near the volume bar helps to differentiate between the volume and seekbar.

paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I don't think you have to be bound by any standard with your skin after all being completely different is why this skin was so good in the first place!

I do like DreadM's layout, but only because I like symmetry and this does look a little more balanced than your original revised image.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I am a huge fan of the original Vitreous Blue. It has soooo many cool things, like the icons (I wish I knew how to get these with all skins), has all pertinent track info, nice buttons for shuffle/continue, did I say I liked the icons?

The only thing I would like would be a dark one, but only because I like dark skins. This one has it all.
MaxPower

Post by MaxPower »

Great theme! One small addition I would suggest would be to include the Album in the now playing info. Right now it's just artist and track (and controls, bit rate, etc.). Thanks!