Mouse wheel scrolls the wrong way

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

daved

Post by daved »

The window contents scroll the wrong way when the mouse wheel is used.

Rolling the wheel towards you scrolls the list upwards and rolling the wheel away scrolls downwards. This is the opposite to all other software (that I use, anyway).

This is not the same problem that kknostman reports, where the scrolling action doesn't work at all.

Hope you can fix it,
dave
Peke

Post by Peke »

With me works same as in every other App. and I have A4Tech 4d++ mouse with two scroolers.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you mean a change is not nice to you? :D

mine does this also but it never bothered me :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

daved, you might want to include more specifics, like OS and MM version and what mouse you are using.

Have you checked if there is updated drivers for the mouse?

I have no problems with this on various PC's with various scroll mouses.
athe

same here

Post by athe »

OS = xp
mouse = microsoft explorer 3.0
mouse drivers = IntelliPoint 4.12 (lastest)
athe

same here

Post by athe »

MM ver = 2.2.2.781 (latest)
athe

???

Post by athe »

??? and....
soultion... ?
jiri

Post by jiri »

We don't have this mouse here and so cannot test it, but MM works well with any mouse we have ever tested and also pretty much with all other users. You can check if there isn't any setting in IntelliPoint application related to this. We'll try to get more information about it, but currently I cannot offer more.

Jiri
Peke

Post by Peke »

May I suggest User to check Status of Scrool Wheel, as sometimes in driver itself it gets Reversed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jpmcc

Post by jpmcc »

I've had this problem too. Different mice on different computers both behaved this way. I did some experimenting today and found that if I don't set the wheel properties to scroll one screen at a time it works correctly. It would be nice if this setting worked properly in MM. I can set a number like 40 lines at a time, but varying sizes of windows don't make this very convienient. Maybe my observation can lead to a fix!
Erik R

Re: Mouse wheel scrolls the wrong way

Post by Erik R »

jpmcc wrote:I've had this problem too. Different mice on different computers both behaved this way. I did some experimenting today and found that if I don't set the wheel properties to scroll one screen at a time it works correctly. It would be nice if this setting worked properly in MM. I can set a number like 40 lines at a time, but varying sizes of windows don't make this very convienient. Maybe my observation can lead to a fix!
I have the same problem and setting the mouse to scroll x lines at a time instead of a page "solves" it, except that I prefer to use the "page at a time" setting.
Al...

Post by Al... »

Anyone working on this? This makes the app practically unusable. I like to scroll through the list a page at a time in the normal direction.

Logitech mouse on XP with built-in XP driver. The wheel on my Logitech keyboard does the same.
jiri

Post by jiri »

No, this works well for almost all users, only ocassionally someone reports this problem. I don't understand why does this happen. If anyone finds more info, let me know.

Jiri
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I would guess that either the driver sends, or MM interprets the page up/down messages incorrectly.

Post by Guest »

You could try reverting your intellipoint drivers back to version 4.02. See if that makes any difference. They're downloadable from the Microsoft website, if you don't have them. Worth a try, if all else fails.