Editing skin colors

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Granpoh

Editing skin colors

Post by Granpoh »

Is there a way to edit the colors of downloaded skins? For example, there's a skin I like, but I don't like the text color that was chosen. Can I somehow edit the script file to change the color to my liking?

Thanks for all help
Last edited by Granpoh on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
nohitter151

Re: Editing skin text colors

Post by nohitter151 »

Sure, see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher

Though it might be easier to just ask the skin author to modify the skin file just for you.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what skin was it some of the fonts we can't change the color on.

but if its one of mine let me know and i'll get it changed for you. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Granpoh

Post by Granpoh »

Rovingcowboy, there is usually something small in just about every skin I have that I'd like to change somewhat, so it'd be too burdensome to ask every author to edit every skin just for me, but thanks for the offer.

I see theme editor can edit .mksn files, but how do I open up an .msz file for edit?

Thanks
Benn

Post by Benn »

msz files open in winzip, just tell windows that's the program you want to use to open.
Granpoh

Post by Granpoh »

How do I edit with WinZip?
Benn

Post by Benn »

You open the msz file in winzip, then extract the mskn file you want to edit, before opening that mskn file in Theme Editor.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

You can extract all files in the msz to a specific directory in Mediamonkey\Skins.

For example, extract all Glided.msz files to Mediamoney\Skins\Glided-Ext, and edit the files there.
Then, in MM select that skin (Glided-Ext) in the options, and you will be able to see changes as you edit the files, but remember you need to switch state (i.e. from MainPlayer to MiniPlayer) and switch back again to see the changes. It's doing a refresh and forces MM to reload the skin.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Granpoh wrote:Rovingcowboy, there is usually something small in just about every skin I have that I'd like to change somewhat, so it'd be too burdensome to ask every author to edit every skin just for me, but thanks for the offer.

I see theme editor can edit .mksn files, but how do I open up an .msz file for edit?

Thanks
well like i said if it is one of mine you might have a better color for the whole skin so i'd change it for every one.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Granpoh

Post by Granpoh »

I simply want to edit the colors of a skin. Where can I find simple, straightforward instructions on how to do this? I read "Fast Newbie's Skinning Walkthrough for MM 3", but I'm still not sure how to do it? Are there options in Theme Editor to change the colors, or do I have to edit image files? If so, I'm not sure what exactly in the image file I'm supposed to be editing.

Thanks
rovingcowboy

Re: Editing skin colors

Post by rovingcowboy »

the fast newbies walk through takes you step by step of how to change the images in the theme. mskn file.
if you want to change colors on the borders and in the background or images in it that will show you how by changing the images.
if you want to change color in the text there is only a few we can change color too.
you will need to open the theme.mskn file like your going to change an image.
then you will see a list in the left frame of the theme engine that includes Fonts click that word
and or plus sign beside it to expand the list of fonts. you will see you can change the color of any of them.
how ever only a few will be changed in the skin when you try the skin on the program.
don't change the size of the font unless it is to make it the smaller size of 8 because that is default size
and seems to be what the font changer on the monkey's option panel wants the fonts set at in the skin.
but like i said there are only a few fonts we can adjust color on. and those in the theme mskn only work for the theme part of the player. you can change the color of the fonts in the player by going in to the player or the float player ini file. finding the list for the display of fonts you want to change the color too and use the 6 number code for the color you want. FFFFFF is white 000000 is black different combo's of numbers and letters are used to make other colors.
if you want to change the color of the background on some part of the theme you got to change an image or find the panel in the theme. that is used for background of what you want to change and change that color in its code. :)
Granpoh

Post by Granpoh »

rovingcowboy wrote:those in the theme mskn only work for the theme part of the player. you can change the color of the fonts in the player by going in to the player or the float player ini file. finding the list for the display of fonts you want to change the color too and use the 6 number code for the color you want. FFFFFF is white 000000 is black different combo's of numbers and letters are used to make other colors.
I went through every single line:
CaptionTextNormal
CaptionTextInactive
SmCaptionTextNormal
etc.

and changed the font color of every one, and yet hardly nothing has changed at all. How do I change track listing fonts, tree list fonts and option panel fonts?

rovingcowboy wrote: if you want to change the color of the background on some part of the theme you got to change an image or find the panel in the theme. that is used for background of what you want to change and change that color in its code. :)
I was trying to change the color of the vertical slider under objects > scrollbar > vertslider and though its color is purple, it says it's cfwhite in the color box at the right, and when I change it, nothing happens.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

well to change fonts in theme editor can be very confused,
some of the fonts can be change under Fonts and some others under Objects,
so if you want to change the caption text you have to go under Fonts/PanelTextNormal.

You can search also here in artwork forum, there are many exampels how to change Text or objects (mostley in skin post's)
or ask direct here in the forum ,better with a screenshot,so we can help.

and in the most skins ScrollBars are controlled by images!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the vertical slider is an image.
the cfwhite is needed there i think to make it not show the client when it is drawn?
so you will need to change the image used on the vertical slider.
what vertical slider is it. you need to find the code on the right for bitmap double click it you will get the arrow on it now you also should get the image panel to pop up so you can find an image you want to use that suits your needs.
on my concert skin i used part of the aslie between the seats as the main image for the vertical volume slider.
so you can use any image there as long as you got the size correct in the code for that image. and a big enough background client to see that image in the theme editor. the options to make it stretch is needed if you want the image to fit the size on the player and still look right. theres a stretch on top in the code and on the bottom.
you can adjust the size of the thumb image used in the ini code for that vertical slider.
the listview area the tree area, are changed by use of where you already changed them. but you might have to change them in the object of virtual tree. also that might make a difference? if we knew the skin we all could try and find the place for you. or find out why it did not change when you changed it. cause thats the same place i had them changed at. oh when changing the color code in the theme engine it takes its own 8 digit number code.
for the colors. it has its own color picker for that. but you need to put an image in the theme to use it to pick the color for the code you want. then take that color picking image out of the theme it does not need to be there.
the panel fonts are static text radio button text and check box text and group text those all should change for you. :-?
Granpoh

Post by Granpoh »

[quote="rovingcowboy"]the vertical slider is an image.
so you will need to change the image used on the vertical slider.
what vertical slider is it. you need to find the code on the right for bitmap double click it you will get the arrow on it now you also should get the image panel to pop up so you can find an image you want to use that suits your needs.
on my concert skin i used part of the aslie between the seats as the main image for the vertical volume slider.
quote]

When I click the dots (...) next to bitmap in the right screen panel, I get the 'Bitmap Property' that pops up with my bitmaps in the left hand side and a big pink circuitboard type thing in the right hand side. What image am I supposed to use? I only have 7 bitmaps loaded, and none of them seem to be for the slider.