How did you try to create a redirection? Currently, there are 4 different ways for creating links to existing audio files, and even more with some variations, depending of the number of selected tracks and the existence of duplicates.nynaevelan wrote:I tried to create a redirection from one mp3 to an aac but all it tells me is "The specified track is not redirected to the audio file." Suggestions??
1. Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box, Tracks from specified Album option,
1a) if your selected track(s) has its duplicate with same Artist and Title, you could specify Album with redirected track (most probably it is already displayed);
1b) if you have only one selected track and If you don't have a duplicate with same Artist and Title for it at all, you could specify redirected track directly using the File Path text box.
2. Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box, Unselected tracks in tracklist option - you need to have unselected duplicate(s) with same Artist and Title in same tracklist panel as the selected master track(s).
3. Create Redirections for Duplicates/Folders dialog box, Duplicates option - you need to have duplicate(s) with same Artist and Title as the selected master track(s) (not necessary for duplicates to be displayed in the tracklist).
4. Create Redirections for Duplicates/Folders dialog box, Folders option - you could specify Master folder with .mp3 tracks and Copy folder with .aac tracks if they have same path pattern, e.g. Z:\My Music\Artist\Album\Song.mp3 and Z:\My Music Compressed\Artist\Album\Song.aac, i.e. root folders and extensions could be different - you need to specify root folders, so for previous example they are Z:\My Music\ and Z:\My Music Compressed\.
There are several reasons why some redirection is not created:
- you don't have duplicate(s) with same Artist and Title and you didn't choose a correct option;
- you have duplicate(s) with same Artist and Title, but you didn't choose a correct option;
- you (don't) have duplicates with same Artist and Title, but you didn't add them into the Library (e.g. if you are using My Computer node);
- there is no more duplicates of selected track at all, because you already created redirection link for it (you could check existing redirections with the Show and Remove Redirections dialog box).
There are also several limitations:
- redirected tracks cannot be master tracks;
- master tracks cannot be redirected tracks;
- some track could be redirected only once, i.e. you could not redirect one .aac file to two or more .mp3 files (although you could redirect several files to the same master track).