iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

abraxxa

Re: iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Post by abraxxa »

I haven't looked at scripting MM, can you also convert the tracks if the format isn't iPod/iPhone compatible (for example flac)?
Those are currently missing in the iTunes playlist.
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

See http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 28#p215228 for the latest comments on this script.

Mark
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
kalowski

Post by kalowski »

My God, just spent hours doing my first music sync via iTunes. :x Please get a fix for MM as soon as possible, gang!
anonimo

Post by anonimo »

uhh, MM team is taking time to make one update to iphone 3.0 sync and i dont understand why because there are some programs already doing it.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

anonimo wrote:uhh, MM team is taking time to make one update to iphone 3.0 sync and i dont understand why because there are some programs already doing it.
So what don't you understand, why the other programs haven't shared their secrets with the MM dev team? :roll:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Hopefully, this will speed up the process.
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=15770
Zolo

Post by Zolo »

FYI, Palm has circumnavigated the 8.2.1 barriers with their new Pre OS. Pre will sync with iTunes again. See this article for more: http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/new ... s/2440237/

Where there's a will, there's a way. Looking forward to a fix.
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

they're doing the opposite of what we want.
Zolo

Post by Zolo »

Right. Good point.
anonimo

Post by anonimo »

nohitter151 wrote:
anonimo wrote:uhh, MM team is taking time to make one update to iphone 3.0 sync and i dont understand why because there are some programs already doing it.
So what don't you understand, why the other programs haven't shared their secrets with the MM dev team? :roll:
but why should they shared they work?
MM is the one that need to do reverse engenering, not the others tell MM what to do.
tigermad

Post by tigermad »

I really miss being able to use MM on my 3GS. Its the only software that encodes FLACS on the fly when transferring them to your iphone :(
moonglow

Re: iphone 3g OS 3.1?

Post by moonglow »

ummm maybe a big call, but I'm sort of hoping that MM developers are looking at the new 3.1 OS beta's... it'd sort of seriously bite if the 3.0 issue got resolved and it turned out Apple had done a new twist in 3.1 with noone bothering to check...

umm and as asked in previous posts, is there anything the folks on the street can do to help?
ktdt00

Post by ktdt00 »

Interesting: CopyTransManager goes so far as to look for file/registry monitors etc. when it starts up. They obviously don't want to share although I can't imagine why since they are giving the software away anyway. Monitors do work if you launch them after the program is loaded. Lots of dialog between the EXE and iTunes libraries and a binding to the TCP/IP port. One interesting tidbit is the ActiveX OCX that CTM spits out when it starts up...
cmx

Post by cmx »

Tried CopyTransManager....it does work, you are able to write to the iphone without itunes- yet VERY slowly and painfully. Not really a viable alternative here because there is no real DB functionality.

Also be careful- it evidently screwed up my connections to Airport devices...seems to do a lot of stuff behind the scenes regarding program and machine connections.

Evidently no posts from Jiri anywhere for over a month...extremely unusual. Is everything OK? Is anyone else working on iphone OS 3 fix?
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

I think CopyTransManager is a good option when you're not on your main computer and you want to pull music off of your iPhone, or you want to dump a few music files on there. It's definitely, definitely not a replacement for mediamonkey...like you said, uploading is slow and there's no permanent music database for it to pull tracks or playlists from. A good program, but definitely not the solution we MM users are looking for.

As long as I'm writing this, I'll throw out my current solution: I use iTunes to sync, and I use iTunes Library Updater to update the iTunes library whenever I make changes to it with Mediamonkey. That way I can still do all of my organizational stuff with mediamonkey. It's not the greatest fix because scanning through my 13,000+ track library takes a while (30-60 minutes). Also, playcounts aren't synced, and ratings aren't added into iTunes at all. So yeah, I am definitely looking forward to an actual fix here.