Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.3 (2009-07-20) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

RobertSmith wrote:Is it possible to use the light bulb right of RegEx (I don't dare to try it) or is it only for "Replace All" button and will not work for "Select to Replace" Button
The light bulb button displays list of presets as they are listed with Edit / RegExp Presets menu option. Click on some preset from those lists starts replacement on selected tracks (or all visible tracks if none are selected), same as you could do with the Replace All button in the Find & Replace dialog box. I am thinking how to implement usage of other commands from that dialog (Keep/Select Matched/Unmatched/To Replace) as well. I need a way to define default action for each preset. By the way, you better don't click on the Replace All button with the mentioned preset or you would change paths for all redirected tracks!
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.4 (2009-07-22) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new update: v2.4 - 2009-07-22
- Added: Select Linked Tracks - Master/Redirected/All Linked options (MM 3.1.0.1218 or up required);
- Added: Remove Linked Tracks from the Tracklist/Now Playing List - Master/Redirected/All Linked options (MM 3.1.0.1218 or up required);
- Added: Keep Only Linked Tracks in the Tracklist/Now Playing List - Master/Redirected/All Linked options (MM 3.1.0.1218 or up required);
- Fixed: manual adjusting of columns width in the Create/Remove Redirections table (widths are automatically adjusted only on dialog resize);
- Fixed: error with Transfer Redirected Playstats to Master Tracks option and selected tracks (Yes button).

AFAIK, this script is just become the second largest MM script! The first one is of course Magic Nodes with its 500 KB of code :)
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Z:

In a future version could you add the option to add the Playcount field? I understand your reason for not wanting to include it but the playcount is a critical field for some users (myself) and the usage of the alternate versions are hindered because my db is driven by playcounts.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to add, can you also add an option to use a specific file type as the master always? I mainly use the Create Redirections for Duplicates/folders... options and my mp3 files are not always selected as the master copy, which means I have to keep restarting the process to get the right tracks as the masters.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:In a future version could you add the option to add the Playcount field?
OK. Still don't know why you want two playcounts for duplicated tracks (such tracks would have greater playing values in statistics report than non-duplicated tracks), but I will add it anyway.
nynaevelan wrote:can you also add an option to use a specific file type as the master always? I mainly use the Create Redirections for Duplicates/folders... options and my mp3 files are not always selected as the master copy, which means I have to keep restarting the process to get the right tracks as the masters.
OK. However, currently when you choose Create Redirections for Duplicates you need to have previously selected master tracks, so the problem is how you got those tracks. If you choose Find Duplicate Titles and Select Maximal Bitrate or Select Duplicates with Maximal Bitrate then you would get selected tracks with maximal bitrate (as the option name suggests). So, the question is, if I add a new option, which criteria should have a precedence (bitrate or extension)? Here are two examples:
1. example: mp3 and aac files, both with 128 kbps - mp3 extension has a precedence and mp3 file is selected.

2. example - mp3 file with 128 kbps and aac file 160 kbps
a) bitrate has a precendence - aac file is selected
b) mp3 extension has a precendence - mp3 file is selected

The first example is not questionable, but second is. Should I choose 2 a) or 2 b)? Maybe, those two criteria should be exclusive, i.e. maybe I should add a possibility only for one of those two criteria to be chosen in one moment?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
OK. However, currently when you choose Create Redirections for Duplicates you need to have previously selected master tracks, so the problem is how you got those tracks. If you choose Find Duplicate Titles and Select Maximal Bitrate or Select Duplicates with Maximal Bitrate then you would get selected tracks with maximal bitrate (as the option name suggests). So, the question is, if I add a new option, which criteria should have a precedence (bitrate or extension)? Here are two examples:
1. example: mp3 and aac files, both with 128 kbps - mp3 extension has a precedence and mp3 file is selected.

2. example - mp3 file with 128 kbps and aac file 160 kbps
a) bitrate has a precendence - aac file is selected
b) mp3 extension has a precendence - mp3 file is selected

The first example is not questionable, but second is. Should I choose 2 a) or 2 b)? Maybe, those two criteria should be exclusive, i.e. maybe I should add a possibility only for one of those two criteria to be chosen in one moment?

I think the best bet would be to have the option to only have one or the other as the preference, because while I would want the mp3 to have precedence whether it has the higher bitrate or not, others would prefer the higher bitrate.

As for the find duplicates maybe I am doing something wrong and that is why I cannot get the right tracks to be the master. Here is what I am doing. I have the mp3, wma, and aac tracs in a playlist with the mp3 listed first, then the next type (it could vary which is next). I highlight all the tracks and select the Create Redirections for Duplicates/folders... option. It then does it's thing and sometimes the mp3s are the masters and sometimes not. Am I doing it right??

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:I have the mp3, wma, and aac tracs in a playlist with the mp3 listed first, then the next type (it could vary which is next). I highlight all the tracks and select the Create Redirections for Duplicates/folders... option. It then does it's thing and sometimes the mp3s are the masters and sometimes not. Am I doing it right??
It doesn't matter which tracks are first. As I said, currently only criteria is a bitrate. So, if you select all tracks, both aac/wma and mp3 files, the script would choose file with greater bitrate, which could be aac/wma, not only mp3. If you want to be sure that only mp3 files would be masters, you should select only them before you open the Create Redirection dialog box, i.e. unselect aac and wma.
ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 2.5 (2009-07-25) [MM3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new update: v2.5 - 2009-07-25
- Added: option to synchronize playcounts and last play dates, it is mutually exclusive with the option to transfer playstats on track playback;
- Added: option to specify main criteria for Select Duplicates command, beside of the existing Maximal Bitrate it is now possible to specify list of extensions.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:There is a new update: v2.5 - 2009-07-25
- Added: option to synchronize playcounts and last play dates, it is mutually exclusive with the option to transfer playstats on track playback;
- Added: option to specify main criteria for Select Duplicates command, beside of the existing Maximal Bitrate it is now possible to specify list of extensions.

Z:

Thanks for the quick update, right now my library is syncronizing the metadata and it appears that the update is working as it should. :D Once that is complete, I will try the second portion of the update, but I do not anticipate any problems. I need help with one more thing and I "think" I will be good. I looked at RobertSmith's MNodes on the previous page and I am unsure if they are what I need or if I need to create new ones but I want to create 5 nodes for the the data for the Track Redirections. I want to create nodes which are all in the Track Redirection Group:

1. Master Tracks

2. Redirected Tracks

3. Tracks not linked to a Master

4. Tracks not linked to a Redirection

5. Tracks with Metadata out of Sync

Is this doable??

BTW, thank you for a fantastic script and all the assistance you offer for folks like me. :D :D

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:1. Master Tracks

2. Redirected Tracks
I already posted MNodes for this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12#p214712. Note that you could get Redirected track from the Non-redirected mask replacing NOT IN with IN. Also note that I added several new options to this script which could be used instead of mentioned MN masks, e.g. you could select Library node to get all tracks and choose the Keep Only Linked Tracks - Master option, although it is slower than MN because it could work with any (sub-)node.
nynaevelan wrote:3. Tracks not linked to a Master

4. Tracks not linked to a Redirection
Not sure that I understand what you mean.
nynaevelan wrote:5. Tracks with Metadata out of Sync
Not sure exactly, but I think it could be very complex and slow mask where you need to compare each tag with each other. Do you want to compare only linked tracks, i.e. redirected tracks with corresponding masters?
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

nynaevelan wrote:I looked at RobertSmith's MNodes on the previous page and I am unsure if they are what I need or if I need
:(

Code: Select all

Masters Tracks|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level
nynaevelan wrote:2. Redirected Tracks

Redirected Tracks|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level

Tracks not linked to a Master|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level
nynaevelan wrote:4. Tracks not linked to a Redirection

Tracks not linked to a Redirection|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level
Why do need them, a lot of tracks in 3 & 4 :)

Edit: Removed dpl filter...
Last edited by RobertSmith on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Here is a part of RobertSmith's PM sent to me, I think it is very important and all people using this script should know about the behavior which he described:
As you know I have some strange crash/lost of metadata playstat etc. I have reported this "bug" see MediaMonkey stops saving MM.db.

I have started to monitoring the folder with MM.db. I think I founded something, but I can't be sure if this is course of my problems.
  • When a new song start to play MM.db is updated
  • If i change rating on just now playing, song 2 temp files are created
    1. MM.DB-stmtjrnl (hidden)
    2. MM.DB-journal
    they disappear after x sec (when new db is saved?)
  • If I a change rating on a Master track while playing, same files are created but they don't disappear after X sec. After this MM.db stops to update/save (last date is when playing master)
  • playstat for tracks after this is gone (if I rate following racks I could get a timestamp by using rescan, but no last played)
  • No crash this time, but maybe it will lead to a crash X hour from now if I'm continue to play
Well, this is a really serious problem. I could reproduce it and I will try to resolve it as soon as possible, but it seems to me that a problem is with the program itself. Oh well... I hate such things when I am helpless. Anyway, I will see what I can do...

By the way, when something like this happens, try to exit application, kill all its instances with Task Manager and start it again.

If you want to be sure to not corrupt your database, please don't change metadata of master/redirected tracks during their reproduction until I found some solution. Sorry folks for inconvenience.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

RobertSmith wrote:

Masters Tracks|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection)|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level
I already noticed this before... Why each your MN masks contain two duplicated Filter qualifiers? How you got that? Are you entering masks manually typing code in Mask text box or you enter text into Filter text box? I am asking this because maybe you found some bug in Magic Nodes script.
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

ZvezdanD wrote:I already noticed this before... Why each your MN masks contain two duplicated Filter qualifiers? How you got that? Are you entering masks manually typing code in Mask text box or you enter text into Filter text box? I am asking this because maybe you found some bug in Magic Nodes script.
:D I just saw it to (normally my mask is longer and I don't have the same Hawk eyes as you!) but this time as saw it as well :)

Before I change SQL or adding field to nodes I always start with new (edit -> Magic modes settings.. -> New) and when copy a "working" MN to Mask field. What part is leading to a duplicate filter :roll: (it doesn't look good...)
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

RobertSmith wrote:What part is leading to a duplicate filter
I have no idea. I though you could tell me that :-?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

RobertSmith wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:I looked at RobertSmith's MNodes on the previous page and I am unsure if they are what I need or if I need
:(

Masters Tracks|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level
nynaevelan wrote:2. Redirected Tracks

Redirected Tracks|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level

Tracks not linked to a Master|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT IDref FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level
nynaevelan wrote:4. Tracks not linked to a Redirection

Tracks not linked to a Redirection|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT IDasx FROM TrackRedirection)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Icon:Top level
Why do need them, a lot of tracks in 3 & 4 :)

Edit: Removed dpl filter...
Thank you, 1 and 2 work but 3 and 4 give me all tracks even those that have links to a Master. I can do without #5 but I thought it would be a good checking node.

Nyn