New to iPod Touch and to MediaMonkey. Help Please?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

victorstillwater

New to iPod Touch and to MediaMonkey. Help Please?

Post by victorstillwater »

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to bother everyone here, but I decided to try MediaMonkey out after reading about it on LifeHacker. Um, not sure how to start, so I might as well explain my predicament.

I used to own an iPod Mini, and back in those days, using iTunes meant dragging and dropping music files of mine into their requisite playlist folders. It doesn't seem to be the case now with the latest version of iTunes, and I'm getting annoyed with figuring out how to sync my newly bought iPod Touch to the music I want to play, when I can't even arrange my playlist or add music onto a playlist folder I just created.

Hence, I've downloaded mediamonkey. But have yet to install it. I thought to ask some questions so I could figure out what I'm getting myself into.

First off, is MediaMonkey more or less a drag and drop interface. My computer (Windows XP) has three partitions, with the OS and installed stuff on one partition, and my music on a separate partition. Will it allow me to drag and drop the music regardless of its location?

Second, how do I sync the iPod Touch to MediaMonkey? Is MM a sort of organizing device only, which means I'll still need to use The latest version of iTunes to make it work?

Lastly, are there any things I should know as a beginner to this generation of mp3 players that may be useful? Like tricks for using MEdiaMonkey, and so forth?

Again, many thanks.
-Victor
nohitter151

Re: New to iPod Touch and to MediaMonkey. Help Please?

Post by nohitter151 »

victorstillwater wrote:Hi folks,

I'm sorry to bother everyone here, but I decided to try MediaMonkey out after reading about it on LifeHacker. Um, not sure how to start, so I might as well explain my predicament.

I used to own an iPod Mini, and back in those days, using iTunes meant dragging and dropping music files of mine into their requisite playlist folders. It doesn't seem to be the case now with the latest version of iTunes, and I'm getting annoyed with figuring out how to sync my newly bought iPod Touch to the music I want to play, when I can't even arrange my playlist or add music onto a playlist folder I just created.

Hence, I've downloaded mediamonkey. But have yet to install it. I thought to ask some questions so I could figure out what I'm getting myself into.

First off, is MediaMonkey more or less a drag and drop interface. My computer (Windows XP) has three partitions, with the OS and installed stuff on one partition, and my music on a separate partition. Will it allow me to drag and drop the music regardless of its location?
No. With MM you really need to have the music on your PC and copy it to the iPod (one way sync). Drag and drop to playlists on an iPod won't work, and you can't create playlists directly on the iPod. You should create everything in MM, then have that synced to the iPod (same with any other device).
Second, how do I sync the iPod Touch to MediaMonkey? Is MM a sort of organizing device only, which means I'll still need to use The latest version of iTunes to make it work?
Take a look here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _ipod_sync
Lastly, are there any things I should know as a beginner to this generation of mp3 players that may be useful? Like tricks for using MEdiaMonkey, and so forth?

Again, many thanks.
-Victor
Read the help file in MediaMonkey (Help -> Help Content). If you have further questions ask them in the forum.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Happy elf

Re: New to iPod Touch and to MediaMonkey. Help Please?

Post by Happy elf »

Hi i am having the same problem... as i have had to have a pc from work all my music is on my ipod and i want to put into media monkey so i can create playlists and re-sync back to my ipod

please tell me somebody can help