Synching Podcasts

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

mossief1965

Synching Podcasts

Post by mossief1965 »

Hi.

I have a Cowon i-audio x5. Over all I have no problems synching this with MM3 except for podcasts. Is there any way to have podcast synch to a separate "Podcast" folder rather than separate folders for each podcast. I have my music arranged along the lines of \Music\A\Artist\Album but would prefer to have the podcasts arranged something like \Podcast\Artist. Can anything like this be done?

Thanks,
Mossie
Agouti

Re: Synching Podcasts

Post by Agouti »

*bump*
I need an answer here also, MM puts podcasts into /music with everything else instead of the podcast directory...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You can use something like:

$if(<Genre>=Podcast,Podcast\<Artist>\<Title>,Music\<Artist:1>\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> - <Title>)

So basically if Genre is Podcast, the file is stored as:
\Podcast\<Artist>\<Title>

all other genres will be saved to:
\Music\<Artist:1>\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> - <Title>
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Agouti

Post by Agouti »

Oooo basic coding support, I didn't even know you could do that... I'm assuming you put it in the directory in the Device Configuration?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Agouti wrote:Oooo basic coding support, I didn't even know you could do that... I'm assuming you put it in the directory in the Device Configuration?
yep, next to "Sync tracks to:"

neumannu47

Post by neumannu47 »

This script allows me to put podcasts where they belong on my Sansa Fuze. Thanks. Now, can someone explain sorting on the Fuze? The podcasts are in the correct folder and subfolder, but they are out of order. Here is what I see:

05/27 Podcast Show Name
06/22 Podcast Show Name
06/19 Podcast Show Name
06/18 Podcast Show Name
06/22 Podcast Show Name
06/16 Podcast Show Name
06/15 Podcast Show Name

I assume that there is an MP3 tag that the Fuze uses for sorting.

(Note: I changed "podcast" to "podcasts" in your script to get them into the predefined podcast folder on the Fuze.)
telliott

Post by telliott »

I could never understand the appeal of grouping podcasts together for general listening. I want to listen to what's new. I don't want to have to search for it. I have a smart playlist that gathers episodes as they download and I copy them to a playlist for syncing to my player. That way I can set the play order any way I want.

Tim
neumannu47

Post by neumannu47 »

Can anyone tell me which tags the Fuze uses to sort podcasts? If I have to modify tags to get the sort right, I will reluctantly do so, but I have not been able to determine which tags the Fuze uses to sort. (See my post above. The sorting is a mystery to me, and it is a real problem that is preventing me from buying Gold.)
U2Singhy

Post by U2Singhy »

Hi,

I am trying to sync my podcasts to my Walkman 639F but cant seem to dump the podcasts in the PODCASTS folder. I am using the following code:

$if(<Genre>=Podcast,PODCASTS,MUSIC)

but it always creates a new PODCAST folder and puts them in there. I am obviously missing something simple so please could you help?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

U2Singhy wrote:Hi,

I am trying to sync my podcasts to my Walkman 639F but cant seem to dump the podcasts in the PODCASTS folder. I am using the following code:

$if(<Genre>=Podcast,PODCASTS,MUSIC)

but it always creates a new PODCAST folder and puts them in there. I am obviously missing something simple so please could you help?
What's the problem? You want "Podcasts" but you get "Podcast"?

XCFan

Post by XCFan »

Thank you so much for this! I was looking all over! (By the way, does anyone know why MediaMonkey Freezes after I click "Ok" in Configuration?) Anyway, this is just what I was looking for, I also wanted to share the syntax for multiple custom folders:

$if(<Genre>=Podcast,PODCASTS\<Album>\<Title>,$if(<Genre>=Audiobook,AUDIOBOOKS\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc#>\<Title>,Music\<Artist:1>\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> <Title>))

Just keep putting the "$if(whatever you want)" in after the comma and put "Music" in after the last one as I have done above!Image