StayInSameStyleDJ [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Davo

Re: StayInSameStyleDJ [MM3]

Post by Davo »

Thanks for this great script. The idea of commercials is inspired. Imean - I love certain genres but i really need a break every "n" tracks . There's only so much blues harmonica i can listen to in one day.

Some of my Library filters are based on a number of related genres - say Blues, R&B, Soul etc. It took me a little while to figure out that for this type of filter when i select A Library filter in your Options I have to deselect Stay in the "Same Genre" otherwise this seems to override the Library Filter - "Limit Selections to a specific filter"

Look forward to future enhancements
David

Post by SatinKnights »

nynaevelan wrote:I am having some kind of conflict with StayISS and the stop after current in MM 3.1. Whenever I use the script and close MM after having stopped the last track with stop after current I get the message from Windows Vista that there was a problem and it has to close MM. Which of course makes me lose my current now playing list. Is this something specific to my machine or can it be fixed, I am on the latest beta version?

Nyn
Ok. I got some code from Bex to run in onShutdown() that will unregister events and close the open objects. I have added it in, and released another version as 2.1.5. I cannot test this, as I was not having a problem on XP.

New Version 2.1.5 http://mediamonkey.coloredpixels.com/MM ... 2.1.5.mmip
-SatinKnights
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

SatinKnights wrote: Ok. I got some code from Bex to run in onShutdown() that will unregister events and close the open objects. I have added it in, and released another version as 2.1.5. I cannot test this, as I was not having a problem on XP.

New Version 2.1.5 http://mediamonkey.coloredpixels.com/MM ... 2.1.5.mmip
-SatinKnights
So far so good, I'll give you a couple of days off before I ask you if it's possible to add a toolbar option to more easily turn it on/off. :wink: This is great by the way, I can turn it on at work and enjoy music that I normally do not listen to.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

nynaevelan wrote: So far so good, I'll give you a couple of days off before I ask you if it's possible to add a toolbar option to more easily turn it on/off. :wink: This is great by the way, I can turn it on at work and enjoy music that I normally do not listen to.

Nyn
Do I need to? There is an AutoDJ on/off in the Play main menu, and some skins like Noir already have a button directly on the player for turning AutoDJ on/off.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

SatinKnights wrote:
nynaevelan wrote: So far so good, I'll give you a couple of days off before I ask you if it's possible to add a toolbar option to more easily turn it on/off. :wink: This is great by the way, I can turn it on at work and enjoy music that I normally do not listen to.

Nyn
Do I need to? There is an AutoDJ on/off in the Play main menu, and some skins like Noir already have a button directly on the player for turning AutoDJ on/off.
:oops: :oops: Now I feel silly, please pardon my ignorance I am new to this autodj stuff, but the button on the player is good enough for me. :oops: :oops:

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi SatinKnights:

I ran into a curious problem, the script went through all the songs of the filter and it stopped. How do I get it to keep playing, is there a way to get it to skip the filter if it cannot find songs and pull from the entire library? I've since changed the filter so that it is not so restrictive but I do not know how to change them anymore without maintaining the selections that I want. It's funny because this filter started out with over 2,000 tracks, I did not realize that I had gone through them so fast. Thank you, I am loving this script. :D

Nyn

SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

nynaevelan wrote:Hi SatinKnights:

I ran into a curious problem, the script went through all the songs of the filter and it stopped. How do I get it to keep playing, is there a way to get it to skip the filter if it cannot find songs and pull from the entire library? I've since changed the filter so that it is not so restrictive but I do not know how to change them anymore without maintaining the selections that I want. It's funny because this filter started out with over 2,000 tracks, I did not realize that I had gone through them so fast. Thank you, I am loving this script. :D

Nyn
Next to the filter selector, there is a "Loosely" checkbox. With that checked, if the script is having a hard time (2/3rds of the allowed attempts failed already) looking for a song not already in the Now Playing list, it will search from the entire library. There is also the "Loose Restrictions" checkbox a little lower that should also be checked. Between the two. it should open up the possible pool of songs greatly. My 1+ star Rock goes from about 500 selections to over 16,000 when the loose modes kick in.

Option 2: Tell the script "Good boy", feed it a cookie, pat it on the head, rewarding it for finding everything you wanted and like. :wink:
Clear the now playing list, start a seed song playing, and it will start over playing songs in a new shuffle order.

There is no current "Blindfold, Dart and Map" mode in the script.

Oh, OK. I found a perpetual mode. On the Tools->Options->Player->Auto DJ/Now Playing page, change the "Automatically Retain" to a value less than All and less than the size of your filter's pool. Then, songs will fall of the Now Playing list and be replayed. Also make sure the "days before replay" value inside my panel is relatively small. The restriction is dropped after a while in loose mode, but a small value helps the script find things a little easier.

-SatinKnights
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

having trouble installing this? It appears to install ok I just can't find the options for it after a restart. Apologies if I'm being dumb!

(btw I can see it in 'extensions' but can't change anything from there.)

MM 3.10.1256
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

Ah, you probably have never been in that neighborhood before. :wink:

Tools->Options. Click on the Auto-DJ/Now Playing. In the right side of the panel is a couple things. Check the "Enable Auto-DJ". Set "maintain at least" to 1. Then, the drop down box of "Add tracks from:", in there, you select which Auto DJ script to run. So, mine would be "Stay In Same Style AutoDJ". Once that is selected, an extra button will come up just below to get you to the options page for my script. At that point you have a lot of settings and widgits to explore. Save, and then start any song you like as a seed, and it will take off from there.

Auto DJ scripts are only called if the Now Playing list has come to the "maintain at least" 'th song from the end of the list. In my case it fires up as the last song starts, and adds one more to the list. Rinse/repeat.

-Satin Knights
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

Brilliant, thanks mate!
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

Wow, gotta say, best script ever! With this and the occassional press on 'Album order' I'm golden!

Thanks for making it! :D
byakuyabo

Post by byakuyabo »

SatinKnights wrote:Unresolved Bug: On the Gilded skin, this button looks normal. On Eclipse and Noir, the button wants to disappear on me when I mouse over it. Anybody have an idea why the skins behave differently?
After struggling with this same issue for a while, I found that if you create a new panel and make the button a child of the new panel rather than Panel, the button displays normally. An example is shown here. Hope this helps!

byakuyabo
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

forgive me for being dumb but where is the 'autoDJ' button in the gilded skin??

thanks!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

SatinKnights wrote:
Commercials: This mode allows tossing occasional "commecials" from another genre. The obvious choice is Christmas music, but any genre can be used. I personally have a whole slew of 20 second commercials from The Onion Radio News that I let slip in occasionally. The Skip Restrictions is in there to cover the possibility that all the commercials are from the same album/artist. There would be no reason to spin hard through several database retries before giving up and grasping from the same album. The displayed example is after a minimum 5 normal songs, add 1 song 5% of the time from the Parody Commercial genre ignoring duplicate artists/albums when selecting.
Satin:

I just enabled this feature just so I can have some christmas tracks randomly thrown in but none are being selected, do you think it could be because the filter I am using excludes christmas music? How do I go about getting this to work?

Nyn

SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

Yes, the filter is the problem. So, you would either need to modify the current filter you are using to also allow Christmas music or switch to the --No Filter-- option.

-Satin Knights