Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.3 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

1) I'm not sure about working out which ones have links and which are embedded, but maybe another script can do this.

2) Having run 3 there would be nothing left for 7 or 8 to do. If you just want to remove linked images then you can use option 5.

3) Yes, that's right. The "embed at beginning" option just means that any image the script adds will be first - this only really applies if there are existing image tags.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Legolas

Post by Legolas »

trixmoto wrote:1) I'm not sure about working out which ones have links and which are embedded, but maybe another script can do this.

2) Having run 3 there would be nothing left for 7 or 8 to do. If you just want to remove linked images then you can use option 5.

3) Yes, that's right. The "embed at beginning" option just means that any image the script adds will be first - this only really applies if there are existing image tags.
Hi Trix
Thanks for your help, and your wonderful script. I did it a little differently from what I originally planned.

Ran option 01 (so I didn't have to worry which files had the album art embedded in tag) followed by option-3 for clean up, and now running
option-2 to add the album art in tag.

Now iTunes shows all my Album Art. I had to run "iTunes Library Updater" though. It's not smart enough to recognize the changes in
the files.

BTW, is the latest MM working to sync w/ iTunes or are there any issues I need to be aware of, if I want to drop iTunes altogether.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm glad the script has worked for you, always good to hear. I think the compatibility actually depends on the iPod and it's firmware, but mostly they are compatible. I'm a Sony man myself so probably best to check the "device synchronisation" section for details.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
richardjay

Post by richardjay »

I am trying to use your script but not getting very far :-?

None of my FLAC files have artwork at the moment, so I'm simply choosing option 9. However on the next screen, every single track is coloured red "Other:0" and no artwork is downloaded.

What am I doing wrong ?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

The script doesn't download covers. It manipulates covers that already exist in your system, whether they be in the tags or linked.

That's my understanding anyway.
Stop Button Freak
sperk

Post by sperk »

sorry for the beginner's question but I'm a retard with these scripts. I have album art in a folder and I want to tag the songs in the folder, what do I do? Extract or imbed? What are the appropriate options? The file path looks something like:
D:\Music\Album MP3s\Italian\Paolo Meneguzzi\Lei E' 2004\12_Volami_Nell_anima.mp3

Can I do a bunch of folders at once?
thanks so much!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, you can do all your folders at once using the mask "<path>\<*>", although if you always use "folder.jpg" then a better mask would be "<path>\folder". You need to use process 2 to copy the artwork from the folder into the tags.
James Howard

Post by James Howard »

When attempting to install MusicIPTagger11.mmip, I get the message:

Error #438 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'SDB.ScriptsPath'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\AlbumArtTagger.vbs", Line: 2050, Column: 13

I am running Media Monkey v. 3.0.4.1185, as Administrator, under Vista OS.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread, but this means that you need to be using MM3.1.
roylayer

Post by roylayer »

My artwork is being stored and handled a number of different ways. I want to create a cover.jpg file for each album and be more consistent with artwork handling. Here is my plan:

CURRENT SITUATION:
- mp3 files are organized in \artist\album\ folders
- some mp3 files have artwork embedded in files. others link to artwork in the same folder
- there may be multiple artwork embedded and/or linked for a given album
- there is a wide variety of linked artwork filenames for cover artwork
- using MediaMonkey 2.5.5.998 and AlbumArtTagger 4.2

GOALS:
- extract and delete embedded artwork, then link to it
- rename all cover artwork to cover.jpg
- make cover.jpg the default image in MM (i.e. first in the list of artwork for a file)

STEPS:

Remove all linked artwork (i.e. everything but embedded)
- Use Remove artwork not matching storage (AlbumArtTagger)
- must do from a library node
- must do before Extract Artwork because that extracts embedded AND linked artwork

Extract artwork from tags, creating cover.jpg.
- use Extract artwork (copy from tag to mask) (AlbumArtTagger)
- must do from library nodes
- can't use delete option since that only works for the first file it finds
- POTENTIAL PROBLEM: what if there is more than one embedded cover in the same file or different files?
- if in same file, need to deal with it
- if in different files, assume it's the same image

Remove artwork (delete from tag) (AlbumArtTagger)

Rename cover artwork files to cover.jpg
- I will use Free Commander, a Windows Explorer replacement, but there are many rename tools that could be used.

Add cover.jpg as linked artwork. this makes cover.jpg the default
- Use Embed artwork (copy from mask to tag) (AlbumArtTagger)
- must do from library nodes

Rescan folders to add any other images aside from cover.jpg
- must do from my computer node
- must have library option "scan track directories for album art" turned on
- cover.jpg will not be added again

So, what do you think? Does this make sense? Any suggestions? Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sounds pretty reasonable. I assume your going to test this with a smaller subset first? Always wise! :)

With regards to the potential problem, if you have multiple images and are using the mask "<path>\cover" then the first will be "cover.jpg" and the second will be "cover_2.jpg", etc.
roylayer

Post by roylayer »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have done numerous tests on a small subset of files. Also will be doing backups first too!

I checked out the potential problem with multiple files extracted. If I use the <path>\cover<*> mask, it will work as you say if there is multiple art within a single file. However, if there is different art in different files, they will not be extracted since AAT simply considers them duplicates from the first file. This is perfectly reasonable since the main problem is multiple art in one file. I am assuming that the same art will be in the other files for the album anyway.

Thank you for the fantastic utilities that you have provided! I wrote some myself that I shared with the MM community a long time ago, but they are nothing compared to yours. I know that a lot of effort has gone into this. Thanks again!
Happy user of MediaMonkey Gold version 2.5.5.998
Computer: p4, 2.5 ghz, 3 gb ram, win xp
roylayer

Post by roylayer »

I have a question about linked album art. I know that MM has a table called Covers in MM 2.5 that keeps track of all artwork, whether embedded in the mp3 file or linked to.

I know that images can be embedded in an mp3, but are link references also stored in the mp3 in addition to MM's Covers table?

The reason I ask is that I am using Option 2, Embed artwork (copy from mask to tag), to link my cover.jpg images to mp3s, and I see the message "xxx tracks to be tagged" in MM's progress bar. Does AAT and MM really need to change the actual mp3 tags, or is it just updating the Covers table?

Thanks.
Happy user of MediaMonkey Gold version 2.5.5.998
Computer: p4, 2.5 ghz, 3 gb ram, win xp
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes the link is stored in the tags. Whilst MM maintains the "Covers" table, when you look in the properties tab it is always showing you what's in the file tags. This is true for MP3s at least, I'm not sure about other file types.
Pott

Post by Pott »

Hey,

I've been drowning in this for a while now... my MM still seems to add/change around my album tags. I've been deleting them all from my music folders yet they keep on reappearing everywhere for some reason...

I have MM3.3.1 with Tagging Inconsistencies and Album Art Tagger

Is there a way to make sure I:
1) ONLY get embedded tag
2) Get only ONE embedded tag per song/album
3) Automatically make it front cover?
4) Delete all in folders cover art and somehow make sure they don't appear again in MM (scanning file directory for album art is ticked off)

Thanks a lot! That's two of your scripts I installed in and they're absolutely brilliant :)