d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Ultra

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by Ultra »

Weird glitch with new .dll The sync'ing is fine but I got this weird glitch today. For some odd reason ipod app would keep on going back to home screen. So I figure it would be the last app I dl'ed that might of done it, I deleted the app but same ol' problem. My second guess was maybe it was the last album I've synced, I ended up deleting one track through media and voila! Ipod app finally worked! I thought it was just that one track, so I sync that track back to the iphone and to my surprise the ipod app wouldn't work again. I deleted a random track through media monkey and started the app again. It told me wait a minute while it adds tracks. The app worked flawlessly after that.. weird..

Just thought I'd pass it on to ya.
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Jiri,

The new DLL seems to be working fine alongside the iTunes with manual sync music switched on (thank you to the replies back about this). BTW has anyone noticed that restoring your phone reverts this selection?

However, very very occassionally (maybe 1:20) I sync a playlist and when I open iPod on the iPhone it simply closes and reverts back to Springboard. A power off/on has no effect. I repeat the playlist or another playlist then the iPod shows "updating library" and then iPod works fine.

This iPod updating behaviour seems to be a function of 3.0 (I can't recall seeing it before). Whatever mechanism you're using to trigger it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable (at least for me).

Thanks for all the hard work.

Mark

p.s. This looks a similar problem to the one above
Last edited by markstuartwalker on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
Ta Lun

Post by Ta Lun »

Hi,
have anyone lyrics on his songs and where they on the Ipod/Ipohne after sync?

I Haven´t found any Informations in this thread here.

Thanks

Ta Lun
stec416

Post by stec416 »

Hi all,

I'm new here and not greatly experience in any form of programming but i am willing to help in any way possible.

I'ne downloaded the new dll two days ago and two atempts at syncing worked fine with no problems.

However almost all of my tracks start 1,2 sometimes 3 minutes in (ie they DON'T start at the beginning!), i have no idea why this is and was wondering is this a bug or something i have done wrong?
Mars74

Post by Mars74 »

Hi all,

First, thanks Jiri for this dll : time was really long with iTunes only ! It seems to be working correctly for me. However, when playing on my iTouch, the screen keeps on saying 'loading lyrics' ! I don't have lyrics on my files !
But this is not a real issue for me : thanks again. :D
jiri

Post by jiri »

A new version of the plug-in was just posted, it fixes the issue of incorrectly synced playback date from iPhone/Touch and also the infinite 'Loading lyrics...' message on device. No other issue reported here was reproduced, so currently it seems to be fully working without any known bugs.

Jiri
azblk

Post by azblk »

jiri wrote:A new version of the plug-in was just posted, it fixes the issue of incorrectly synced playback date from iPhone/Touch and also the infinite 'Loading lyrics...' message on device. No other issue reported here was reproduced, so currently it seems to be fully working without any known bugs.

Jiri
I have a suggestion can you make this .dll support or ignore .m4v or .mp4 files? I accidentally updated tags on all my video files using mm and they ended up with an unknown file format. I could not delete them or play them and I had to SSH to delete them from device and re sync using another program.
architekt

Post by architekt »

Just tried it with Windows 7 x64 RTM and iTunes 8.2.1.6 x64 (iPhone 3GS firmware 3.01) and it worked great. Synced 12.6GB of data in not too long a period of time, and tried it out on my phone: tracks played fine and playlists appeared normally. Thanks!
abraxxa

Post by abraxxa »

@jiri: Seems to work really good, but I found one minor error: if an album has a front and a back cover assigned, the back cover is shown on the iPhone.
I have all my album art in separate files in the album directory and the option 'copy album art to tag' enabled.
Maybe the last art is used and not the Cover (front) one.
greys

Post by greys »

I can't seem to find the "Rebuild database" option anywhere, is it gone or will it simply be the last one to implement for 3.0 firmware?

I have an iPod touch 1g, and it claims to have all my music collection in sync as per playlists, but none of the files can be played - neither from MediaMonkey nor on the iPod itself. I've seen similar issues with 2.x firmware long time ago, and they were always easily fixed by rebuilding the database on the device, so would like to try it.

Thanks for all the help!
Wasi

Post by Wasi »

OMG I cannot thank you enough. Sry I really have no tech feedback but can't get around posting a comment anyways. Consider it an emotional feedback:
I updated to 3GS the day it came out and with it came OS 3 and believe it or not I haven't had a single mp3 file on it until I found this update today. Been listening to livestreams like Pandora all summer long and I guess I came close to the 50h limit Pandora sets its non paying users. I've been checking for MM updates several times but never thought about checking the forum, until just now. I copied the current dll file (08/18/09 11PM EST) and am now listening to music playing from my iPhone speakers. I know they suck, but right now this is about the best sound I've heard in a long time :)

MM rulez, Jiri rulez, and I wish I could stop by at Steve Jobs' and hit him over the head w his stupid moron iTunes crap. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Post by Guest »

Can anyone tell me if they are able to replicate the error I was having with the Audiobooks. A description:

After uploading an Audiobook to the device, I play it. So far so good. I am then able to stop the play and replay it from the same point. Excellent so far. However, if I try to play something else (Audiobook, Music etc) the device forgets the position it was in previously.

Also, I would like to point out to the moderators that I assumed that the new confirmation code bussiness is a heap of muck. I am assuming that you are asking users to select all PRIMATES (Apes and Munkis) not just MUNKIS.
ebedsworth

Post by ebedsworth »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature - I never installed iTunes on my main desktop (it's on my laptop). I always used MediaMonkey from my main desktop and managed everything. I could not get the new DLL file fix to work until I installed the latest version of iTunes. Once iTunes was installed, MM works perfectly!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ebedsworth wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature - I never installed iTunes on my main desktop (it's on my laptop). I always used MediaMonkey from my main desktop and managed everything. I could not get the new DLL file fix to work until I installed the latest version of iTunes. Once iTunes was installed, MM works perfectly!
iTunes has always been required for MM to sync w/ iPhone or iTouch.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
abraxxa

Post by abraxxa »

I still have the following bugs:
- album art gets corrupted after iTunes analyzed for gapless playback
- ringtones seem to be still on the iPhone according to iTunes but aren't in the options any more
- video podcasts are shown but can't be played any more (seems like the same issue as #2)