Lyrics Integration

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Flamsmark

Lyrics Integration

Post by Flamsmark »

MM can already read amazon's sites to get album art and tag info. Would it be possible to as support for lyrics downloads to complete the tag? Presumably it would be a script in the same style as the amazon script, just searching and parsing information out of lyrics sites, not amazon.
MDominik13

Post by MDominik13 »

I definitely would be interested in this feature. I was really surprised that there aren't any tools out there that can place the lyrics into the tag.

Also interested

Post by Guest »

I also vote for this feature request.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

MDominik13 wrote:I definitely would be interested in this feature. I was really surprised that there aren't any tools out there that can place the lyrics into the tag.
Evil Lyrics has a plugin that does this.
demm

Post by demm »

i wouldnt want that for MM.
because it took the evil lyrics team quite some time to have a working program. and im really happy with the result.
so if the mm team tries to integrate that feature, a lot of coding and testing would be necesary. and because evillyrics works well, i think that the mm team should focus their attention on other things
atramhasis

Post by atramhasis »

I think evil lyrics is good enough. But the integration is not the best. Maybe it would be possible to make evil lyrics a real plugin without an extra window. It could be somethibg like the playlist which you can turn on or off.
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

pah 68 you are wrong the plugin that you are refering to, EvilTagger saves the lyrics to a lyrics3 tag which as far as I can tell is completly useless.
MediaMonkey Gold member
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Balinsky wrote:pah 68 you are wrong the plugin that you are refering to, EvilTagger saves the lyrics to a lyrics3 tag which as far as I can tell is completly useless.
True....I didn't read the post properly. Bad habit of mine.
Gervasio Antonio

Lyrics panel

Post by Gervasio Antonio »

For me, most important is lyrics displaying. I think the Album Art panel could be enhanced to show other information, so one could choose what to display: Album Art; Lyrics; Tag's fields like Artist, Title, Year and so on...

I made a mockup of what this could look like...

mordan

Re: Lyrics panel

Post by mordan »

Gervasio Antonio wrote:For me, most important is lyrics displaying. I think the Album Art panel could be enhanced to show other information, so one could choose what to display: Album Art; Lyrics; Tag's fields like Artist, Title, Year and so on...

I made a mockup of what this could look like...

yea ! go go go

MM rocks
mjs93

Re: Lyrics panel

Post by mjs93 »

Gervasio Antonio wrote:For me, most important is lyrics displaying.
Absolutely, and I liked your mock-up. It isn't so much integrating the lyrics into the tag that is a hassle, it's right-clicking on the track or viewing properties to get lyrics every time.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I love it. But if MM can show lyrics I think it also should have a way to download them from the web.
This was discussed before on the forum. It was suggested that maybe EvilLyrics could be integrated into MM.
mjs93

Post by mjs93 »

Is there any chance a lyrics display (like the mock up posted above) will be included in a future version?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Definitely!

Jiri
Gervasio Antonio

New mock up

Post by Gervasio Antonio »

Well, looks like you guys apreciated my idea.
So, here is a better mock up.
I added context menus, showing options that could be enabled/disabled.

What do you think?