d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

cmx

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by cmx »

Crites, the latest d_phone.dll download link is in the first post of this thread...note that it IS NOT included in the latest MM beta release.
DaveFrischknecht

Post by DaveFrischknecht »

I just downloaded the file from the link in the first post of this thread, and so far it works perfectly. :D Thanks a bunch for your hard work. :D
Dave F
abraxxa

Post by abraxxa »

The link is in the first post.
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Sorry but chaos is reigning on my pc - the manis log for this issue says fixed in build 1300, but the latest beta is only 1260 RC2.... it also says merged into build 1257, does this mean we don't need to manually add the d_iphone.dll from this thread any more?

I've tried updating to to 1260 but it still gives the incompatability error, so I guess not.

Will try manually adding the dll again... I was hoping it'd been taken a bit further, I keep having the weird issue others have had with the tracks on the ipod touch visible in MM and itunes, but showing no content on the pod until some random synch later....

<sigh> progress is an illusory concept ;)
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

More serious than the ratings sync problem I'm having: A few songs get synced with the wrong genre. It's really weird.

If I browse by genre on my iPhone, most genres will have clear outliers. Like, I can be looking at sludge and a single Van Halen track will show up.

Anyone noticing this?
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

Hi Jiri,

If this can help in troubleshooting the issue of not seeing songs on the iphone in MM....(Causing Robert & me to restore the iphone a few times...)

1.Downloaded 1261 upgrade
2. Got the latest iphone dll and dumped back in the plugins folder. (MM was closed)
3. Opened MM
4. Plugged in the iphone and MM crashed.
5. Reopened MM and the songs are NOT showing in MM.
6. Closed MM and went to itunesto see if songs were there..YES everything was there!!
7. (As a possible workaround I guess...) I deleted the songs from Itunes.
8. Went back to MM to re-do the Auto-sync and it works!!

I think it has something to do with either upgrading or reinstalling MM and redumping the iphone.dll in the plugins folder...doesn't seem to like it

Hope this helps...
jiri

Post by jiri »

It's hard to say without a debug log, I haven't ever encountered or heard about such a problem (particularly crashing after pluging iPhone in - that only happened once in the past after some iTunes update, but was solved some time ago).

Jiri
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

How do I do that? I guess I need the debug version of MM?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

etheriau wrote:How do I do that? I guess I need the debug version of MM?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Simiel

Post by Simiel »

How do you install this plugin? I downloaded it, put it into the MM plugins folder, but nothing shows and it still won't let me add to my iTouch library.
MediaMonkey Lifetime Member
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

Jiri I installed the debug version and sent the stuff over e-mail.

I had to restore my iphone twice today after MM crashed during sync...

Then after a succesful auto-sync I could see the files on the iphone, shut it down and after a "library update" on the iphone (which I had'nt seen before this iphone dll for 3.0) songs came back up but...

Now I'm at the state where the songs are on my iphone (seen in itunes) but not in MM. One more thing I did after the resync was to go an ddelete a few files using mediamonkey..Can that screw it up?

Thx
jiri

Post by jiri »

I doesn't make much sense to me, it seems to be working well almost for everybody, this behavior is strange. Anyway, please mail it directly to my e-mail (which can be seen here in the forum).

Jiri
jpublic

Post by jpublic »

I doesn't make much sense to me, it seems to be working well almost for everybody,
At this point, should the d_iPhone.dll be providing synchronization information from the iPhone 3.0 back to MM? I've noticed that play count, last-played-date, and ratings information does not sync from iPhone to MM.

Perhaps this function is not yet implemented and I'm troubleshooting the wrong tree.

(WinXP SP3, MM 3.1.0 & MM 3.1.1.1261, full restore on iPhone 3.0.1, d_iPhone.dll d/l'd 8/26/09 1am CST)
kjegou

Post by kjegou »

- is this dll backwards compatible with the 2.2.1 firmware or ONLY with the 3.0 ?
-can someone (jiri) summarize the status of this as there have been a lot of posts
-is this planned to be included in the next release ?
Captain_Flymo

Post by Captain_Flymo »

Thanks nohitter - I had put the dll in the plugins folder (on my home PC) but here at work I put it in there and the plugins/plugins folder for good measure and now it works like a charm. Not really sure if the extra made any odds or whether I was just having issues with my home installation, but either way I can now avoid the hideousness that is iTunes. Good job since to get it to work at home I had to create a virtual machine to run iTunes on XP Pro as iTunes won't install on XP64, which is what I use at home, and the hacks that sometimes work failed.

Sweet job to jiri for writing the plugin too :)