Drag&drop / rightclick converts / concept song

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Wim

Drag&drop / rightclick converts / concept song

Post by Wim »

Some additional items for the wishlist :
- Drag & drop songtitles into classifications to define classifications
- Drag & drop to another artist, e.g. to solve misspellings (see also a previous request for sortfields)
- right click on selected song(s) also includes "Convert" as possible action
- The concept of a "song" is unknown in the current version, only the idea of ""song on media"; the result is that if a song is converted, then it looks as if 2 songs exist; it would be nice if this was redesigned; this is not only nice for converted files, but also for songs which you have on several media, for example original CD & "Best of " CD.
Or does the "Misc-Duplicate song names" can be used for this ?
jiri

Post by jiri »

- Drag&drop to classifications - yes, it will be in the next version, thanks for pointing out
- Drag&drop to artist - it is already implemented, doesn't work for you?
- "Convert" on right-click - it depends on users preferences, but you are right, in the next version "Convert" will replace "Preview"
- and the last thing - I understand your point of view, but I don't think that multiple instances of a song can be joined just to one, they are in reality different (like their bitrate and other things are). "Misc\Duplicate song names" is rather intended for removing unwanted duplicities. Actually, I plan to make some kind of links to other songs in the future - it can be diffent version of the same song, remake made be other artist or something like that.

Jiri