d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jiri

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by jiri »

There were some questions recently about status of the plug-in: There currently aren't any known or confirmed problems. It supports everything that was planned, including synchronization of playcounts and ratings from device to PC. If you think that there is something working incorrectly on your machine, then please try to make a _clean_ install of MM 3.1 and download the latest d_iPhone plug-in. Then you can try to find out as much as possible, including detailed description of the problem, screenshots (if applicable), a debug log and anything the might be useful to find out source of the problem.

Jiri
rhodemi1

Post by rhodemi1 »

I reported earlier that if I simply open itunes (manually manage music and videos is ticked) and close it again, then on next opening MM, this causes MM not to be able to see the content of my ipod touch. Content is still viewable directly though. I have done this several times and am loathe to do it again. I believe that there were also reports from others in the thread with similar issues.

I only use itunes to add movies, and I don't want to have to do a restore every time i do this.

Many thanks for all your efforts!!
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

jiri ,

4th time what MM doesn't recognize my iPhone, Instead of XXX's iPhone (name on my iPhone) only a empty iPhone (default name in device settings) is showing up in MM. No tracks, playlist etc. In iTunes everything is normal.

This is a known problem, see this MediaMonkey does not recognize my iPhone/iPod touch

I will try to see if the above tips helps me. iPod/iPhone is very sensitive what you remove/stop the sync in a correct way. In iTunes (and with the ipod.dll) it's possible to use "safety remove device". This action doesn't seem to work with current dll.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

RobertSmith wrote:This is a known problem, see this MediaMonkey does not recognize my iPhone/iPod touch

I will try to see if the above tips helps me.
It did not :(
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
abraxxa

Post by abraxxa »

@jiri: iTunes still analyzes the tracks for gapless playback which kills album art.
jpublic

Post by jpublic »

At this point, should the d_iPhone.dll be providing synchronization information from the iPhone 3.0 back to MM? I've noticed that play count, last-played-date, and ratings information does not sync from iPhone to MM.
I believe it was due to my own ignorance. I was not removing my iPhone from the cradle during my testing. If I remove the iPhone from the cradle, then make changes to ratings, play-count, and last-played-date, and finally re-cradle the iPhone, it works fine.
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Jiri:

I believe that I still have 2 issues. Unfortunately they both appear to happen randomly and I have no logs or firm scenarios

* I still have problems coexisting MM and iTunes. I have carefully followed the setup information yet sometimes I go to the iPod in the iPhone and receive the "No Content" message. Using MM to re-sync simply sends the stuff again. I end up with orphaned mp3 files in the iTunes_control folder tree which I have to manually delete.

* If during synchronisation I right click and select Terminate, or slide the bar on the iPhone to terminate the synchronisation it doesn't always tidy up properly. The mp3 files are left in place as far as it has progressed but the none of the playlists are created. Perhaps I'm expecting too much here but it would be better for the playlists to be built as it progressed through the tracks so that termination would leave some playlists in place rather than none at all.

Cheers
Mark

p.s. a useful command for finding and deleting orphaned mp3 files

Code: Select all

find -name *.mp3 -exec rm {} \;
Last edited by markstuartwalker on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Jiri

Something which is nothing to do with this release, please tell me if there is a better way of reporting this matter.

The device can be synched in 2 ways 'Auto-Synchronize' or 'Sync selected' ...

* It is very easy to inadvertently switch between these two modes so I suggest this switch be moved within the Auto-sync options for the device. Is this a setting per device or per MM? It isn't clear.
* I don't see the need for 2 separate modes ... perhaps they can be merged? It seems possible to right-click and send to device even when the Auto mode is selected, is this intentional?
* I've seen it stated in the forum that only "Auto Synchronize" actually recovers the playcounts and ratings. If this is true then it ought to be stated somewhere on the dialogue or at least the help pages.
* The help pages do not reference the d_iphone.dll at all. In what way is it different to iPod.dll

Mark
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
ZeusII

Post by ZeusII »

working fine here with my Touch 2G 3.0.
herman368

Post by herman368 »

I have the same problem with the MM not recognising the iPhone after iTunes has been opened after sync. It appears as just generic "iPhone" instead of "John's iPhone". It may be that there is some library file which gets corrupted when iTunes is launched?

This is a really annoying problem as I constantly have to resync 20GB worth of music every time I open iTunes.
abraxxa

Post by abraxxa »

@jiri: there is also still the issue that MM chooses the back instead of the front cover for copying into the tag on sync.
guptaas

Post by guptaas »

Thank you so much. Working smoothly on Vista 64. FLAC conversion, tags, cover art all flawless. I only installed AppleMobileDeviceSupport and Quick Time from the iTunes 64 download.
Deresolution

Post by Deresolution »

Amazing worked smoothly for me, Im new to mediamonkey and I cant believe how I never knew about this program. Its awesome I'll continue to support this :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Deresolution wrote:Amazing worked smoothly for me, Im new to mediamonkey and I cant believe how I never knew about this program. Its awesome I'll continue to support this :D
well theres a few pinecone nuts fall from the monkey puzzle tree but they mostly are mad and don't give good reviews when they leave here. some do come and go but lots just hang out in the tree listen to music and helping new or old troop members like you, :D welcome to the mediamonkey troop.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

Hi Jiri,
Looks like the clean install resolved my problem of not seeing the songs on the iphone after a few days (or syncs)...Also resolved an "Onproperty value change" message that would pop up every once in a while.

Great work Jiri and whoever else contributing in that amazing plugin!!!!