TrialPay and Media Monkey and FreeCreditReport.co, Oh my!

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

fraud-sucks

TrialPay and Media Monkey and FreeCreditReport.co, Oh my!

Post by fraud-sucks »

Hi,
I saw the offer for a "free" copy of MM via TrialPay and even though I thought that visiting a site such as TrialPay would be the online equivalent of covering my body with chum and swimming with sharks, I decided to try it.

Well, I was 100% ripped off by TrialPay. After choosing a free trial for FCR.com, TrialPay's status page said to wait for an email to confirm that I did my work for the "free" copy. I never got that email. I did get one from FCR.com welcoming me with open arms.
Odd that the mechanism for generating INCOME for them worked, but the mechanism that will drain their assets (ie paying MediaMonkey for my "free" copy) didn't. I find it fascinating when a company makes a "misteake" that is 100% in their favor. And that the customer must then jump thru hoops to get what is rightly theirs. Or: "F-it. It's not worth the effort."

So MM, just like a person is judged by the company they keep, a I judge a corporation by the companies that they keep doing business with. You are hanging out with, IMO, a pretty shady company.

Fortunately, I have a Linux box next to my windwoes box, which has many excellent mvsik players. The inconvenience of hitting my KVM switch and not having the windwoes audio mixed into my HPs isn't too bad. Certainly not as bad as dealing with this situation.
It does suck to be in the position of having worked for something and not gotten what I was due.
As W mangled: "Fooled me once ...uh...drool...blank-stare... won't get fooled again." <cough>TrialPay--Not<cough>"
The most ironic thing is that I visited your site to buy a Gold (or FeS2?) license.
Wasting my time @ $65/hr during the week, or $infinite/hr of weekend family time, this has ended up costing me way more than $19.95. And still no Au. Someone got paid in this mess. But it wasn't me. So it goes.

BTW: Working to get something means that thing is not free.
Some things are: Music Player Daemon. Its clients: GUI: Qmpdclient, kmp, gmpc. TextUI: ncmpdc, ncmpdcpp. Command line: mpc. And there are even clients for windwoes which can control the daemon over a socket. Source code so I can fix bugs, add features, whatever. What was I thinking? Never trust something you have to pay for. They have motivations that are not necessarily in the consumer's best interest.
Sorry for wasting my time.
Every year is getting shorter / Never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught / Or half a page of written lines...
-- Pink Floyd::DSoM::Time
nohitter151

Re: TrialPay and Media Monkey and FreeCreditReport.co, Oh my!

Post by nohitter151 »

I'm sure that the MM support team will be more than happy to sort this out for you, just send them a message:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
fraud-sucks

Post by fraud-sucks »

nohitter151 wrote:I'm sure that the MM support team will be more than happy to sort this out for you, just send them a message:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit
Thanks!
And your polite reply has made me ashamed for my crappy attitude.
I'm having a bad quarter :-(
Problem is, it's Trial"Pay"'s fault, and IMO it's not MM's job to make up TP's behavior.
But I'll send a (polite) inquiry to MM.

But I'm proud of my sacrifice to help make the wall street bonuses even bigger <sardonic-frownie>.
Every year is getting shorter / Never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught / Or half a page of written lines...
-- Pink Floyd::DSoM::Time
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hey, its understandable. No one likes to be ripped off :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

fraud-sucks wrote:Hi,
I saw the offer for a "free" copy of MM via TrialPay and even though I thought that visiting a site such as TrialPay would be the online equivalent of covering my body with chum and swimming with sharks, I decided to try it.

Well, I was 100% ripped off by TrialPay.
just to make sure you are happy and get the mad post or response you might have expected. I'll do this for you cause we like to keep members happy here.
so .

" Here's Your Sign " :lol:

no really its been a troublesome partnership with them since mediamonkey started their free pro version options through that trial pay company. maybe this time rusty or jiri can beat their heads over there at trial pay enough to make them straighten up and refund you your lost pay.

after all mediamonkey is turning in to that 800 pound gorilla like his cousins at the zoo, you don't want to mess with. 8) cause he can smack the banana's right out of ya.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> I'm sure that the MM support team will be more than happy to sort this out for you

I await the result with interest, since the equally delinquent MM affilliate scheme has TMK still not been resolved.

Yes, it does reflect badly on MM.
Chris