d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

monsterblues

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by monsterblues »

kjegou wrote:....Hopefully this iphone.dll produced by Jiri will be compatible wi 3.1...but someone needs to sacrifice himself here and make a test...
I just updated to iPhone firmware 3.1. I have this beta plugin installed. The iPhone doesn't display in mediamonkey when connected.
spikerjack

Post by spikerjack »

I too have upgraded my iPhone 3GS to OS 3.1, using the beta DLL...and now device DOES NOT show in MediaMonkey 3.1 at all.

Have heard reports of things working, but not sure conditions similar (e.g. whether new iTunes 9.0 was installed or not)

Hopefully this is not a completely new hash or DB encrypt. It's been widely reported that this release breaks the Palm Pre sync...so who knows.
njkode

Post by njkode »

I am holding off, some one said it worked for them but that is the only one person who posted it.
If they are trying to break the palm pre in this then for sure it will kill MM as well.....

fucking apple i hate you
lecoder

Post by lecoder »

Just to confirm that the 3.1 update has broken sync.

Without iTunes 9.0 installed, my iPhone showed up in media monkey, but I coulnd not access any of the content or sync. It was however making the iPhone display the "sync in progress" message on the iPhone.

With iTunes 9.0 installed, my iPhone does not show up in media monkey at all
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I updated my itouch 8g to 3.1 and synced find with MM and this dll, however once I updated to quicktime/itunes 9, MM can no longer see the the device.
anotherlab

Post by anotherlab »

If you install iTunes 9 without upgrading to the 3.1 firmware, can you still use MediaMonkey plus the latest iphone dll with the iPhone OS 3.0?
Mark W

Post by Mark W »

This was working well with Iphone 3gs and MM 3.1.

I just updated MM to 3.1.1 and now the dll has stopped working.
anotherlab

Post by anotherlab »

Did you install the beta d_iphone.dll after installing tMM 3.1.1? I don't think that MM 3.1.1 comes with the latest d_iphone.dll.
Mark W wrote:This was working well with Iphone 3gs and MM 3.1.

I just updated MM to 3.1.1 and now the dll has stopped working.
Last edited by anotherlab on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
SquirrelScript

Post by SquirrelScript »

After upgrading to iTunes v9 and iPod Touch v3.1.1 on Windows 7 RC x64, and the lastest MediaMonkey v3.1.1.1261

This is the error message I get:

After pressing Ok, MediaMonkey system tray icon goes, and the process kills itselfs, without me ever seeing the main screen!

I am unable to start up MediaMonkey with or without iPod Connected, the only way I can get it to work is to delete:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_iPhone.dll
~SquirrelScript
~Got Code?~

Code: Select all

http://www.SquirrelScript.net
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

I believe I have discovered that iTunes doing a GAPLESS analysis of the music on the iPhone 3GS (v3.0.1) causes all music it analyses on the iPhone to have it's current playback position set to the end of the track. Then when I go to play the track on the iPhone, it just moves onto the next track, and as that track probably has been gapless analysed too, it too just moves onto the next track, and so, and so on. Each track has it's play counter and date last played updated also. Very annoying.

Is there a way that MM can set the "setting" for each track it syncs to the iPhone to tell the iTunes this song is NOT "Part of a gapless album"? To see where this is set in iTunes (v8.2.1.6), right click on a track, select Get Info, click on the Options tab, and it's at the bottom of the display dialog box.

I see others also think this gapless analysis could be cause of album art corruption, so it would be really good if MM to set this option when it syncs music to the iPhone (and iPod?).

Thanks
ZeusII

Post by ZeusII »

we just got a working library and apple fu*** us again with new itunes+firmware.

every day that pases I hate more and more apple and their practices. one thing I know for sure: my next portable music player wont be one from apple :/
anotherlab

Post by anotherlab »

I think that MediaMonkey is just collateral damage between Apple's bickering with Palm. Apple is trying to block the Palm Pre from synching with iTunes. With each release of iTunes, Apple blocks the Pre. Then in a few days, Palm puts out an update for the Pre and it can synch again.
njkode

Post by njkode »

anotherlab wrote:I think that MediaMonkey is just collateral damage between Apple's bickering with Palm. Apple is trying to block the Palm Pre from synching with iTunes. With each release of iTunes, Apple blocks the Pre. Then in a few days, Palm puts out an update for the Pre and it can synch again.
If that is the case how come palm can come out with the update so quickly. is it easier to make a device sync with itunes then to make the iphone sync with MM?
anotherlab

Post by anotherlab »

njkode wrote:
anotherlab wrote:I think that MediaMonkey is just collateral damage between Apple's bickering with Palm. Apple is trying to block the Palm Pre from synching with iTunes. With each release of iTunes, Apple blocks the Pre. Then in a few days, Palm puts out an update for the Pre and it can synch again.
If that is the case how come palm can come out with the update so quickly. is it easier to make a device sync with itunes then to make the iphone sync with MM?
That's pretty much it. Palm didn't need to re-engineer the iTunes database on the iPhone. All they need to do is to get the Pre to identify itself as an iPod/iPhone of some type to iTunes. According to this site, the Pre even set it's vendor identifier to "Apple". Apple probably tightened down it's code to detect device's spoofing as an Apple product. And the next step by Palm will probably be to spoof more details until iTunes works again.
gvala

Post by gvala »

Seems that iTunes is the problem. Just upgraded to ver 9 and MM crashes even when iPhone isn't connected. Didn't update iPhone.