Equalizer shouldn't cause audio to skip

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

deserthighway

Equalizer shouldn't cause audio to skip

Post by deserthighway »

I wish I could adjust the equalizer without causing the audio on the currently-playing track to skip/be interrupted.
rovingcowboy

Re: Equalizer shouldn't cause audio to skip

Post by rovingcowboy »

it does this because of monkey updating the setting for the current song when you adujst the eq settings.
i don't remember the reason they said it was set to do that. but that is why it happens. been posted about before last year some time if you want to try and search for the post they said that in. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
deserthighway

Post by deserthighway »

rovingcowboy wrote:it does this because of monkey updating the setting for the current song when you adujst the eq settings.
i don't remember the reason they said it was set to do that.
I don't care what the reason is; I don't want it to happen. I can adjust the EQ on my home stereo, car stereo, and other audio equipment just fine without it mangling the audio. I'm not sure why MediaMoney can't manage the same level of functionality.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

As long as I remember, it always did that. It's one of its weakness that should be fixed.
When? Maybe in MM 4.0... in 2112 ??? :roll:
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
beg

Post by beg »

YES, please fix that and do it as fast as possible!

I really can not understand why lot of workforce is put in developing some fancy new features, while really important stuff is not at all working. How am I supposed to use this in an semi-prof. situation djing for people when I can not use the EQ and stability in general is not given.

Bernhard
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

change to the wav out put plugin and adjust the buffer to allow for 3 or 4 seconds of time so you have enough time to move the sliders. i think that would allow you a smooth sound when you adjust the sliders.

only other way is to use the auto adjust equalizer presets script.

look in the forum room help with addons. then look in the all scripts thread i think i posted it on page 4 of that thread, Might be on page 3. but get that and set it up your songs will always be in the right eq setting then.

if you need to adjust the setting for songs that are in the main genere like say jazz ? but you need a little less volume power on the preamp only for that one song, then in the genere tag change the genere to fixed jazz, and save the equalizers setting as fixed jazz, then every song in the library that has fixed jazz for the genere will use that setting. the other jazz will use the one you set for the normal jazz.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
deserthighway

Post by deserthighway »

rovingcowboy wrote:change to the wav out put plugin and adjust the buffer to allow for 3 or 4 seconds of time so you have enough time to move the sliders. i think that would allow you a smooth sound when you adjust the sliders.
That would just cause the EQ adjustment and the skip in audio to be delayed by four seconds, no?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no the buffers are for the song info to be held before the song is played. so the buffer will be loading the song info while your moving the slider then 4 seconds later the song info plays.

moving the sliders is done by another program code that is what is causing the skipping the running of the other code, its the same you get when you see the mouse freeze for a second after you click on inserting a photo to an document the code paused the mouse for a second then when it was done the mouse was un froze.

it has to do with too little cpu cycles for the amount of program commands that need to run or something like that. so when your moving the slider your adjusting your sound driver when monkey is loading the song in to the buffer he is using your hd not your sound driver. so he should not record any pause that is made by the slider.

buffer = a little extra room for a safty cushion, that is what is programed in to hand held cdrom players to keep them from skipping when bumped.

old style turn table buffers were springs under the table so it could asorbe the shock of a bump. the only way to get that in software is the buffers. some places also call springs, buffersprings when they use them in their equipment which is where i belive they got the term for the software buffer. i might be wrong on that but thats where i think they got it.
8)