AAC, M4a

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

letsgoaz

AAC, M4a

Post by letsgoaz »

I've been seeing posts about downloading an add on to enable MM to work with these files but I can't find it anywhere.
nohitter151

Re: AAC, M4a

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
letsgoaz

Post by letsgoaz »

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

If I was you, rather than paying for a plugin I'd get the winamp one from this thread here (it's in the third post down)

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1177352

then you extract the .dll somewhere and then copy it to MM's plugin folder. I think I extracted it and it was an exe which I then told to install to MM - rather than winamp - then in the media monkey folder there was a winamp folder with the .dll in it, which i then copied to the plugin folder.

Works fine for me. Just another small problem, amongst the not inconsequential number of problems I've had to surmount in order to get MM working with everything and in the way I want it to ...............
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:If I was you, rather than paying for a plugin I'd get the winamp one from this thread here (it's in the third post down)

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1177352

then you extract the .dll somewhere and then copy it to MM's plugin folder. I think I extracted it and it was an exe which I then told to install to MM - rather than winamp - then in the media monkey folder there was a winamp folder with the .dll in it, which i then copied to the plugin folder.

Works fine for me. Just another small problem, amongst the not inconsequential number of problems I've had to surmount in order to get MM working with everything and in the way I want it to ...............
With MM you are paying for the ability to encode m4a files. That Winamp plugin allows you to play m4a files, but not to encode them.

letsgoaz

Post by letsgoaz »

But either way, MM can't create or convert to Apple Lossless correct?

I just need to be able to play them back and send them to an ipod.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

letsgoaz wrote:But either way, MM can't create or convert to Apple Lossless correct?

I just need to be able to play them back and send them to an ipod.
Yes, again, MM can't encode apple lossless files. Additionally MM can play back m4a and aac tracks as long as Quicktime is installed on your system, no need for any additional plugins.