OS Windows 7 Ultimate retail
QuadCore CPU

FYI
nosecam
botijo

Re: Build 1270 doesn't start at all

Post by botijo »

Same here,
MM starts when run with Admin rights, does not start without. It just quotes the typical "Windows cannot start this program - Checking for a solution online". Debug log only says the following:

Code: Select all

00000000	0.00000000	[4584] FastMM has been installed.	
00000001	0.11461519	[4584] FastMM has been uninstalled.	
Removing the iphone plugin or any other d_*.dll does not make any difference. I also removed the scripts and database I had, and it still does not work.
My computer is running Windows Vista x64. Version 1269 ran just fine until yesterday.
Developers, if you need any extra info, just ask.
Regards.
68rustang

Re: Build 270 doesn't start at all

Post by 68rustang »

Same here, monkey no worky.

Windows 7 x64
last build worked fine, 270 doesn't start. Doesn't do anything, no errors, no nothing.
robojock

Post by robojock »

same here doesnt start :roll:
quadcore, windows 7 x64
telliott

Post by telliott »

Yeah, the new "Windows 7" features are complicating matters. You need to right click and "run as administrator" for 1270 to start. I'm running Windows 7. Also the "Aero Peek" controls aren't working.

I'm sure there will be a fix for this serious issue released shortly but at least there is an easy workaround.

Tim
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

telliott wrote:...Also the "Aero Peek" controls aren't working.

I'm sure there will be a fix for this serious issue released shortly but at least there is an easy workaround.
How so? They work fine here.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
botijo

Post by botijo »

Maybe I am venturing too much, but I would like to think this issue is related to 64bit version of the OS and running it from a limited account (as running it as an admin works ok).
Sooo, let's see if that is the case with everyone having trouble. Do you use the 64bit version of Vista or the yet-to-be-released Windows 7? Are you using a limited account? Is User Access Control (UAC) turned on? Is Aero turned on?

My case:
Vista Home Premium x64
Limited account
UAC on
Aero on
MM 1270 fails to start, MM 1269 works
telliott

Post by telliott »

botijo wrote:Maybe I am venturing too much, but I would like to think this issue is related to 64bit version of the OS and running it from a limited account (as running it as an admin works ok).
Sooo, let's see if that is the case with everyone having trouble. Do you use the 64bit version of Vista or the yet-to-be-released Windows 7? Are you using a limited account? Is User Access Control (UAC) turned on? Is Aero turned on?

My case:
Vista Home Premium x64
Limited account
UAC on
Aero on
MM 1270 fails to start, MM 1269 works
I am running Windows 7 RTM 32 bit, standard user account. UAC and Aero on
robojock

Post by robojock »

im using the RTM version of windows 7 x64 if doesnt start, it only starts if i use admin rights... but the it is slooooow, if i double click on a song to play it next... it takes a few seconds for mm to change to that song
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I have had this problem also since upgrading to .1270
I have Vista x64 and have UAC turned off. I have Aero turned on.
The only way MM will start is with Admin rights.

*edited* to add
I had trouble installing. The install locked up half way with an error message indicating a file was already in use. (no file name given)
Clicking continue or ignore (I tried both methods) completed the install.
I re-booted and tried installing with and without admin rights, rebooting each time always with the lock-up.
I could find no specific MM processes active while the lock-up occurred so I am assuming a shared file and\or process is the problem.
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
xlsg

Post by xlsg »

I am trying build 270 on a Windows XP Pro SP3 (32 bit) system. I see MM for about 1 second before it crashes. No error messages.
Build 269 didn't do this, but it didn't "see" my new ipod touch either.
xlsg

Post by xlsg »

To add to previous post. MM works fine until and unless the iPod (Touch 32 GB, 3rd gen, version 3.1.1 (7C145)) is connected. Having iTunes (9.0.1.8) running doesn't cause a problem with MM.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

The file in use is probably "mmhelper.dll". This file is normally unchanged from one build to the next, so, I just "Ignore" the error on install.

Not guaranteed to always be safe, but, likely. Simpler than chasing down and killing the other processes using the dll.

----------------------

No problems starting on Vista with UAC disabled.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
botijo

Post by botijo »

xlsg wrote:To add to previous post. MM works fine until and unless the iPod (Touch 32 GB, 3rd gen, version 3.1.1 (7C145)) is connected. Having iTunes (9.0.1.8) running doesn't cause a problem with MM.
Hi, xlsg,
as stated in the pinned topic "How to report bugs", we should concentrate on having one bug per thread. I do not want to seem rude, but I would like you to create another thread (if it has not been created yet), as you can start MM and your issue looks like it is related to Apple products. As you can read in this thread, most of the people cannot even start MM.
I would even suggest you to try step four on the topic I linked in the previous paragraph. Any extra info is going to be helpful to the developers, and in turn, it will be useful for you. I think your best shot is with DebugView. However, feel free to use any method stated in that topic or that you might know.
Update: Feel free to send me a private message if you need help with DebugView. I have been using this tool for a while.
Regards.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Will be fixed in next build (#6009).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643