Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sbondi

Re: Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Post by sbondi »

Sorry all, but for some reason, I did not receive any notifications after December, and thus assumed there was no new activity on this thread. I guess there may have been some notification settings reset when the forum changed.

In any case, I have not used my PC/Media Monkey for over a year. I did provide some straight-forward updates through the end of last year.

Bex, thanks for providing a recent solution to the "track change" issue. I am not aware what has changed in the latest MM releases, so I do not know what infrastructure changes are required to the script.
DunKhan2

Post by DunKhan2 »

Is this script still being supported?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

AKAIK it is being supported but it is not being developed further, the author has moved to a Mac and no longer uses MM.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
DunKhan2

Post by DunKhan2 »

nynaevelan wrote:AKAIK it is being supported but it is not being developed further, the author has moved to a Mac and no longer uses MM.
Fair enough - I hope he's enjoying his Mac!

Would it be cheeky if I were to ask with help for a script I made? I've made quite a simple script just to make browsing my library (which has lots of genres) a bit easier but there are a couple of issues with it that I would like to iron out but I don't really have the knowledge of SQL to work out on my own.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

No not all, the users are all very helpful here. Just open a topic with your question(s) and I am sure you will get some help.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there,

I've just installed this and it's awesome! I'm struggling a bit figuring out how to customize and create nodes but I'll get there.

I've managed to create an 'Unknown AlbumArtist' node by editing the 'New Ripped Albums' node and changing easyCriteria=MissingAlbumArt to easyCriteria=MissingAlbumArtist. It works a treat.

I would also like to create an 'Unknown Original Year' node but I can't use easyCriteria=MissingOriginalYear because it isn't an easy criteria value.

Any suggestions would be great.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

Hi, just looking for some help on creating a node. I use a muli-value genre field where the first genre is the main genre and the second genre is the sub-genre. I was wondering how to make a Genres node where the children were the main genres then the children of those nodes were the sub genres?
Peter Panino

Post by Peter Panino »

Unfortunately, MM freezes at startup when this script is loaded and the program language is set to German. :(

MM Gold 3.2.3.1303
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Can't really speak on your specific issue, since my Windows runs with English language. However, I wonder as to why you're looking to use this script? If it is to create your own custom nodes, then I would actually suggest using the MagicNodes script (which is still developed, while this one has been stagnate for two years). I don't believe this script any functionality in that department over MagicNodes, and at this point, this script likely underperforms due to it's lack of development.

The only exclusive functionality I believe this script has that no other does, is the ability to hide some of the built in nodes. For instance, I have several of the "Files to Edit" sub-nodes hidden (such as No Album Art due to the Tagging Inconsistencies script offering that and more). If this is what you're looking for, then I hope someone can solve your issue, otherwise I recommend looking into the MagicNodes script.