MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

galakadon

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by galakadon »

Japanese characters aren't working for me but rtl languages are. Would it be possible for Japanese support to be added or am I doing something wrong?
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Looking good, any ideas on the next update flashk? :D
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
flashk

Post by flashk »

rrfpacker wrote:I just installed this yesterday and I am really enjoying it. I don't have any suggestions, as there are plenty of good ones already.

I can't seem to find the features it already has. If I right click in MF, I only get Play Now, Play Next, Play Last, Play Shuffle. I don't get any of the other functions like changing the colors.

Am I missing something?

Again, thank you for a wonderful script.
What version of MonkeyFlow are you running? It sounds like you are not using the latest version. Did you download it from the link on the first post of this thread?
flashk

Post by flashk »

galakadon wrote:Japanese characters aren't working for me but rtl languages are. Would it be possible for Japanese support to be added or am I doing something wrong?
MonkeyFlow uses the Arial Bold font for rendering text. I don't think Japanese/Chinese text is supported by that font. I'll add an option to change the font in the next verison, so you can use a font that supports Japanese characters.
flashk

Post by flashk »

danhackley wrote:Looking good, any ideas on the next update flashk? :D
Some of the features in the new version depend on fixes/enhancements that have been made in MM 3.1.2, so I'm waiting for that to be released first.
dragulaas

Post by dragulaas »

gr8 addon. thx
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

flashk,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that the memory leak issues I was having appeared to be solved. I did a bit of digging into that winviz process that was spriralling out of control, and turned up the following thread, which involved a similar scenario:

http://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=2113

Sure enough, updating the drivers for my video card seems to have done the trick! winviz.exe is currently sitting at 33,448K and not moving. It varies a bit depending on if I'm flipping around my album covers or something, but always hovers around 34MB.

So...if anybody else is getting the same memory leak issues I was, try updating your video card driver!

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the replay flashk your addon is the only thing that keeps me from exclusively using foobar.
galakadon

Post by galakadon »

flashk wrote:MonkeyFlow uses the Arial Bold font for rendering text. I don't think Japanese/Chinese text is supported by that font. I'll add an option to change the font in the next verison, so you can use a font that supports Japanese characters.
Gah, I should have realized that. Thanks for the timely response and continued support.
Dpovzor

Post by Dpovzor »

I keep getting the message monkey flow failed to connect to Media monkey since I upgraded to Windows7. I run media monkey 3.1.0.1256. I like this script and would like to continue using it.
Tazza

Post by Tazza »

Hi

Have upgraded to windows 7 and still have the problem of the whole window being offset down and to the right. It does get fixed when the program is run with "disabling desktop composition" but this allso turns of aero and seeing as i have media monkey running all the time that is less than ideal.

It works fine in full screen.

Do you have any idea what is causing this, or an alternative method to fix it? Thanks allot i can post a screen shot if you like.
reVix

Post by reVix »

It would be great to see a fix for the offset issue/disabling AERO under Vista/Win7!

Great work, tho! Cheers.
jitterjames

Post by jitterjames »

Fantastic.

I future versions it would be great to see song ratings as well. Even better would be the ability to edit what information was shown in the caption area.

I think it would also be great to have some functions accessible so that we can remap keys to remotes etc. For example, if I want to jump to the cover for the currently playing song, the only way I can see is to click the icon with my mouse. It would be nice to have access to this feature with my keyboard, or remote.

Thanks for all your hard work. It works brilliantly with my 9800 GTX, but even performs admirably with my onboard 8300 chipset. A bit clunky in full screen but not bad, and fine in a small window within MM.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Just wondering occasionally when I'm browsing through covers it takes a fraction of time to generate the cover. What would be the best way to improve this - more RAM, more CPU power or something else?

Thank!
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
flashk

Post by flashk »

danhackley wrote:Just wondering occasionally when I'm browsing through covers it takes a fraction of time to generate the cover. What would be the best way to improve this - more RAM, more CPU power or something else?

Thank!
The covers are loaded from disk in a background thread, so having a faster hard-drive and a multi-core CPU would probably give you the greatest improvement.