Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Aff

Re: Magic Nodes 3.0 w/ 245 masks & real GUI (2009-09-08) [MM2+3]

Post by Aff »

To get songs of artists with mixed up first name and last name order, i.e. where exists "Firstname Lastname" and "Lastname Firstname" (or "Lastname, Firstname"), I've made a new node:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Artists...|Show tracks:No>\Artists with mixed first and last name order (takes some time!!)|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.Artist IN (SELECT a1.Artist FROM (SELECT Artist, SUBSTR(Artist, 1, INSTR( REPLACE( Artist, ",", "") , " ")-1 ) AS FirstPart, SUBSTR(Artist, INSTR(Artist, " ")+1 ) AS SecondPart FROM Artists WHERE INSTR(Artist, " ")>1)  AS a1 INNER JOIN (SELECT Artist, SUBSTR(Artist, 1, INSTR( REPLACE( Artist, ",", "" ), " ")-1 ) AS FirstPart, SUBSTR(Artist, INSTR(Artist, " ")+1 ) AS SecondPart FROM Artists WHERE INSTR(Artist, " ")>1) AS a2 ON a1.FirstPart = a2.SecondPart AND a2.FirstPart = a1.SecondPart AND a1.FirstPart <> a1.SecondPart)
Maybe some of you would like to check for this tagging inconsistency as well. It can take some time to get the result on larger collections, so let it work and drink some tea (or do anything else) in the meantime ;)
For performance reasons there is no TRIM or UPPERW, so there should be no superfluous spaces or mixed upper/lower case in your artists names.
BTW, the artist can be e.g. author as well, so you may have to show and check those columns as well in the result.
Before opening the node, it may be necessary to run the library maintainance to get rid of unused artists.
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

I used trixmotos' GenreFinder and now I have a lot of tags in Custom 4 fields (cause I didn't use white list) e.g.

British; Chill; Post-punk; Indie Rock; Alternative; London; Indie; Punk; Classic Rock; Rock
but I would only want to view tags with nodes that exists also in Genres. So is it possible to filter single items in Custom 4 fields with all the genre items?
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
Saiyavenger

Re: Is there a Magic Nodes script for...

Post by Saiyavenger »

Bump?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

You should be able to do this using Bex's PlayHistory & Stats Node script. In the Statistics section is has the list of the tracks which are played each year, just use those nodes to create the playlists. There is also a Top 100's section but that is not separated by year.

EDIT: Actually looking at that, that might not be doing what you need it to do. Sorry. :oops:
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

Actually, that should work quite well, me thinks. Thanks so much.
surfer1

A Script request for Magic Nodes.

Post by surfer1 »

Hi, I'd like to create the exact same tree structure of the standard "Year" node with "Original Year" that appears in the properties box of MM.

I'd like to view the Original Year field as a node in decade groups of the 1960s, 1970s, 80s, and so forth - just as it appears with the standard tree node for "Year".

I've read through the PDF manual but can't find the right qualifyer or syntax to script out what I need to create it in Magic Nodes. I'm Just wondering if a script for this already exists or if someone might be able to help me to write it. I have a lot of Various Artist and "Best Of" albums where I'm classifying each song with its original release year. Thanks to anyone who can help. Cheers.
nynaevelan

Re: A Script request for Magic Nodes.

Post by nynaevelan »

Here you go, you can adjust it to meet your needs:

Original Year|Child of:Year|Filter:<Original decade> <> ''|Position:Before\<Original decade>\<Original year>

surfer1

Re: A Script request for Magic Nodes.

Post by surfer1 »

Hi Nyn, you're a legend. Thanks for that. I was re-reading the PDF notes and just came up with the basic script below which I was going to experiment with tonight. I appreciate that very much. Cheers.

Year Release
1960s|Child of: Year Release\<Original Year> between 1960 and 1969
1970s|Child of: Year Release\<Original Year> between 1970 and 1979
1980s|Child of: Year Release\<Original Year> between 1980 and 1989
1990s|Child of: Year Release\<Original Year> between 1990 and 1999
2000s|Child of: Year Release\<Original Year> between 2000 and 2009
DeathAxe

Post by DeathAxe »

How about the following mask?

Original Year|Child of:Year\<Original decade>\<Original year>
This will add you a "Original Year" Node just after the Year Node in the Library, which does exactly what you want. And best is, it is just added with two or three clicks with the Node editor :wink:

Regards
surfer1

I Have An Accidental Problem with MagicNodes

Post by surfer1 »

HI,
I had the node, Artist Album A-Z, set to appear before the Library node. I'd adjusted this in the properties window. That was fine. While that window was open I then accidentally deleted the node. Not knowing how to get it back I decided to uninstal the plugin through the usual menu path. In doing so an error appeared, but I can't remember what is said. Sorry. I then reinstalled it when another error (A scripting error) appeared. I clicked ok to complete the install and everything seemed ok. I opened the property box again and adjusted the default position of the Artist Album node to appear before the library node. It stays there while the program is open but when I shut down the computer and start it again, the node opens 'after' the library node, yet looking at the the node property box, it shows the node is set to open before the library node.

I'm Just wondering if this problem is easily fixed? If not, how can I completely uninstal the plugin free of any errors to reinstall it clean? Appreciate any help guys. Thanks.
DeathAxe

Re: I Have An Accidental Problem with MagicNodes

Post by DeathAxe »

You need to check and clean the following things:

1. Just try to uninstall the script again as usual ignoring any errors.

2. Cleaning MediaMonkey.ini
Under %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\MediaMonkey (WinXP) or %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\MediaMonkey (Vista/7) you'd find a MediaMonkey.ini. Open it and delete the two sections [MagicNodes] and [CustomNodeMasks]. Means everything from those lines up to the next section. ;)

3. Cleaning script folder
If you open %MEDIAMONKEYINSTALLDIR%\scripts\auto (e.g.: C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\scripts\auto) you might still find a MagicNodes.ico, MagicNodes.ini and MagicNodes.vbs. Delete them, if exist.

4. Cleaning install entry
If you still see Magic Nodes in the "Extensions" dialog, you might have a look to %ALLUSERPROFILE%\Application Data\MediaMonkey (winxp) or C:\ProgramData\MediaMonkey (Vista/7). There you should find a extensions.ini. Open it and delete the [MagicNodes] section from it.

That's it. Now you should be able to install a clean new MagicNodes script.

Regards.
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

Thanks DeathAxe,
I tried those steps. The first three went fine. But when I tried to delete the MagicNodes section from the extentions.ini, my system wouldn't let me save the change. Windows kept saying "Access Denied" so I wasn't unfortunately able to delete the section. Is there a way I can get past the Access Denied part to be able to save the deleted change?
Thanks DeathAxe.

Re: I Have An Accidental Problem with MagicNodes

Post by Guest »

surfer1 wrote:I opened the property box again and adjusted the default position of the Artist Album node to appear before the library node. It stays there while the program is open but when I shut down the computer and start it again, the node opens 'after' the library node, yet looking at the the node property box, it shows the node is set to open before the library node.

I'm Just wondering if this problem is easily fixed? If not, how can I completely uninstal the plugin free of any errors to reinstall it clean?
Re-installing the script cannot help because it is a bug of the program itself since MM 3.0, already reported: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=24823

You could try to adjust a node position using the program option: Tools / Options / Library - Filter & Views / Configure
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

Hi Guys,
Sorry about this, but this is so frustrating. MagicNodes simply won't install at all to MM. I uninsatlled MM using the default MM uninstaller. I then hunted down and deleted every remnant MM and plugin folder/file I could find. Nothing left (I think).
I then cleanly installed MM again. Then when I went to install MagicNodes I get this "Product Installation Error" appear, and nothing will then install. It now seems none or any of the other plugins will install either. I keep getting the same error appear for all of them.
I'm simply lost for ideas now. Would there be a registry setting or something I've missed. This has me completely stumped. I can't install any plugins. Thanks all.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Try starting MM with administrative rights and then install scripts. I find that if you install MM with admin rights you do not run into this problem. The easiest way is to install from the Run menu.