Growl For Windows Notification 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

pkw115

Re: Growl For Windows Notification 1.4

Post by pkw115 »

Fizzjob, Great script. I wonder if it would be possible for the track's rating to be displayed in the notification? Thanks.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

flashx_454 wrote:I keep getting the following error message
Error #70 MicrosoftVBScript runtime Error
Permission Denied
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\scripts\auto\Growl.vbs",Line: 111,column: 12
does anyone know how to fix this
I am using the latest version of Media Monkey

Please Help :(
That line copies the album artwork to your %TEMP% folder. Are you using Vista or Windows 7? If so, are you running MM as Administrator? If not, MM may not have permissions to write to your %TEMP% folder.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

pkw115 wrote:Fizzjob, Great script. I wonder if it would be possible for the track's rating to be displayed in the notification? Thanks.
Should be. The script already pulls that information, I just don't display it.
flashx_454

Post by flashx_454 »

fizzjob wrote: That line copies the album artwork to your %TEMP% folder. Are you using Vista or Windows 7? If so, are you running MM as Administrator? If not, MM may not have permissions to write to your %TEMP% folder.
I am using XP
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

flashx_454 wrote:
fizzjob wrote: That line copies the album artwork to your %TEMP% folder. Are you using Vista or Windows 7? If so, are you running MM as Administrator? If not, MM may not have permissions to write to your %TEMP% folder.
I am using XP
Strange, I'm also running XP and not getting this.

Open up growl.vbs in a text editor and try changing this:

Code: Select all

If fso.FileExists(artw) Then
  fso.CopyFile artw,wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"\cover_growl.jpg"
  bar = wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"\cover_growl.jpg"
To this:

fso.CopyFile artw,loc&"\cover_growl.jpg"
  bar = loc&"\cover_growl.jpg"
That'll write the album art into the script directory instead of the temp directory. Restart MM and see if the problem goes away or not.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

fizzjob wrote:
pkw115 wrote:Fizzjob, Great script. I wonder if it would be possible for the track's rating to be displayed in the notification? Thanks.
Should be. The script already pulls that information, I just don't display it.

Fizzjob, Thanks for the reply. Is this something I can turn on myself or would it require a new version of the script from you?
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

pkw115 wrote:Is this something I can turn on myself or would it require a new version of the script from you?
You can enable it yourself, if you want. I don't rate my music(!), so it's of limited interest to me.

The ratings are stored in the database as a numerical value, not as star ratings, so there's a bit of work to be done...

First off, insert the following down at the end of the .vbs file:

Function TranslateRating(rating)
    Select Case rating
       Case 0
            TranslateRating = "0"
       Case 10
            TranslateRating = "½"
       Case 20
            TranslateRating = "*"
       Case 30
            TranslateRating = "*½"
       Case 40
            TranslateRating = "**"
       Case 50
            TranslateRating = "**½"
       Case 60
            TranslateRating = "***"
       Case 70
            TranslateRating = "***½"
       Case 80
            TranslateRating = "****"
       Case 90
            TranslateRating = "****½"
       Case 100
            TranslateRating = "*****"
       Case Else
            TranslateRating = "Unrated"
    End Select
End Function
Second, find the following line:

cmd = chr(34)&loc&"\growlnotify.exe"&chr(34)&" /t:"&chr(34)&"MediaMonkey"&chr(34)&" /i:"&chr(34)&bar&chr(34)&" "&chr(34)&arti&"\n"&"''"&name&"''\n"&albu&chr(34)&" /a:MediaMonkey /r:"&chr(34)&"Now Playing"&chr(34)&","&chr(34)&"New Podcast"&chr(34)&" /n:"&chr(34)&"Now Playing"&chr(34)
...and modify it as seen below:

cmd = chr(34)&loc&"\growlnotify.exe"&chr(34)&" /t:"&chr(34)&"MediaMonkey"&chr(34)&" /i:"&chr(34)&bar&chr(34)&" "&chr(34)&arti&"\n"&"''"&name&"''\n"&albu&"\n"&TranslateRating(rati)&chr(34)&" /a:MediaMonkey /r:"&chr(34)&"Now Playing"&chr(34)&","&chr(34)&"New Podcast"&chr(34)&" /n:"&chr(34)&"Now Playing"&chr(34)
Boom! Your ratings will appear underneath the album name. There are plenty of other details I pull from the database that I don't display, so you can pump as little or as much as you want to growlnotify. AFAIK, there's no way of sending graphics to growlnotify, so it's gonna be limited to ASCII text.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Thanks for the reply Fizzjob, I'll give it a try.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Fizzjob, I made the changes you suggested above and my ratings are now displayed. Many thanks for the help in allowing me to tweak the script the way I wanted it!!
Erich T. Wade

Post by Erich T. Wade »

fizzjob wrote:
flashx_454 wrote:
I am using XP
Strange, I'm also running XP and not getting this.

Open up growl.vbs in a text editor and try changing this:

fso.CopyFile artw,wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"\cover_growl.jpg"
  bar = wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"\cover_growl.jpg"
To this:

fso.CopyFile artw,loc&"\cover_growl.jpg"
  bar = loc&"\cover_growl.jpg"
That'll write the album art into the script directory instead of the temp directory. Restart MM and see if the problem goes away or not.
I'm having the same problem running XP x64 pro (as admin). Interestingly, the above fix seemed to fix it for one session, after which the problem reappeared. (I've checked the version of the script installed in \scripts\auto, and it's still the modded version.)

I suspect the problem may be related to write permission on the folders -- \scripts\auto is read-only on my system, and for some reason gleefully changes it back to read-only after I manually make it writable. (I suspect that this is some sort of "security feature" in the OS, as all folders in "\Program Files (x86)" seem to share this behavior.) Doesn't explain why it worked at first -- maybe the write permissions were on for a set amount of time after installation? Then again, it didn't object just now when I created a new .bmp in the folder, so maybe I'm on a wild goose chase.

Any advice/things I can do to help track down this error? Thanks for making/supporting this script; it's really amazingly helpful.
Midnite

Post by Midnite »

I was getting the same "Runtime Error #70" issue reported above. After doing all but editing the registry to try and figure out why this script no longer had permissions it had from when I installed it until tonight, I ran CCleaner and cleared the %TEMP% files. Fixed the issue. I hate windows :)

I hope this fix works for any others experiencing the problem.

I love the script. Thanks for writing it!

BTW
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
MM v3.2.0.1294
Damn

Post by Damn »

Just to let you know, in windows 7 64bit the installer seems to put the files into

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
instead of
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
Which causes script errors.

If you manually move the contents into the proper program files directory it works fine
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

Yep, I can confirm this! Is this 'by design'?

On my Win7 Ultimate I found a 'strange' security setting:
The subdirectories and files in the directory

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts
let
EVERYONE (and some other entries)
access the content. The \Scripts directory itself and every other directory in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey don't show this behaviour. Is it only my system?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Damn wrote:Just to let you know, in windows 7 64bit the installer seems to put the files into

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
instead of
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
Which causes script errors.

If you manually move the contents into the proper program files directory it works fine
I don't think that's Windows 7, I think that's more a MM4 issue. I've been playing around with it, but can't seem to get things to work without manually moving the files to the Program Files directory.
reneald

Post by reneald »

I am getting

Error #=2147024894 - 
File "W:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Growl.vbs", line: 121, Column: 7
and

Error executing script event. The system cannot find the file specified
everytime a new track begins. It started when I installed this extension, so I deleted it but the error messages keep on showing up. Then I installed the script again, figuring something went wrong the first time, but still the error messages keep showing up. Any suggestions on how to solve this?