Request for embedding visualisation into dockable panel

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TheHawk

Post by TheHawk »

Thanks, but the files are not blocked.

Maybe also interesting: sometimes MM works vor 30 seconds or so, untill the error occurres. when I click OK, the error window opens again.
But I can use MM normaly, there are no problems, only the error window is there, the visualisation is embedded.
When I close MM the error window reopens 10 times or so, until its really closed.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Sorry to bring up a month old thread but I just wanted to see if there has been any further development on this. :)
Stop Button Freak
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This question really should be asked to the MM developers instead.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Unchange

Re: Request for embedding visualisation into dockable panel

Post by Unchange »

Sorry to bring up a nearly year old thread, but:

I am using the Visualisation Embedder script i.e. with milkdrop. Currently when I start MM 3.0.6.1190 the visualisation embedder panel automatically opens but the visualisation itself - milkdrop - does not, so I am left with the empty panel unless I manually open the visualisation (i.e. with ctrl+alt+v or from the view menu). Is there any way to get this all to start at once on MM opening? From other posts it seems possible, but the script alterations - the ones suggested in this thread- didn't appear to work for me.

UpdateL I have now removed this and will start from the beginning. A step by step guide to getting this to function in said way would be great.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

I'm not using that script anymore, but I think you have to start the visualization manually. Also, as you said, this topic is old and if you are using one of the last releases, there could be some incompatibilities.
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

It actually seems to work fine in MM 3.1, Fraxav. No problems at all yet. I've used it (with Album Art for G-Force) a few times, not often. Nice one, Steegy.

But as you say, Unchange, you do have to do all that fiddling around.

I think I've mentioned in another of Steegy's scripts' threads that I'm really hoping that an official stance can be taken on Steegy's great scripts. He's said quite clearly that he's 'away' from this forum. When he came back in and made a post and then someone said "good to see you back" Steegy said "I'm not back; I just came in to have a look" or something like that. Then he was directly asked for permission to take over the script (or amend it and post the amendments, you know) and Steegy said "the stage is yours".

Steegy has shown himself clearly concerned about common decency and respect, so it needs to be done properly. There are a few scripts of his that have always been very good but you feel that if Bex or Trix or MoDementia or someone was 'looking after' them, a few tweaks and updates would have been made. MediaMonkey has come a long way and I think we are now a bit more demanding. If we use the Visualization thing, embedded in MM, we sort of want it to open in one go.

I'm really hoping Steegy's going to drop by again soon so we can ask him what he thinks. What do you think everyone?
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Yeah the script is pretty old, somebody should keep it up to date as new releases come out. I used to love that script, but I'm not that interested in it now, cause I don't see the point of a visualization but in full window mode (and embedding it too big would 'steal' space to what MM is for...tracks). Anyway, like every good work, it deserves to be brought to the next level.
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Steegy_

Post by Steegy_ »

Hello all

I've always thought that a dockable visualisation should be possible in plain MediaMonkey, i.e. without a "script" to try to embed it.
That's the only way this functionality will be available for all and that it's going to work properly.

For this reason I'm not going to try to modify the embedder. I'm pretty sure that most problems aren't bugs in the embedder. Visualisations just aren't meant to be brutally embedded like that.
A dockable visualisation window is probably easy to accomplish for the MM devs.

Cheers
Steegy
Bex

Post by Bex »

Cheers Steegy!
Long time no see... :(
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Raffhell

Post by Raffhell »

Ok. It works like a charm, both milkdrop and its embedder...Now it's possible to autostart milkdrop with mediamonkey so I haven't to start it manually? (I know..I'm lazy :lol:)
Skin: MetroM(MM4) | BlackMonkey(MM5)
Plugins: Minilyrics(MM4) | Stock(MM5)
"There's nothing better than a singin' monkey!"
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yes
make a vbs script that will open two programs tell it to open mediamonkey and milkdrop then make shortcut to the vbs script and then click it to start monkey.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Raffhell

Post by Raffhell »

rovingcowboy wrote:make a vbs script that will open two programs tell it to open mediamonkey and milkdrop then make shortcut to the vbs script and then click it to start monkey.
ehm..I don't know how to script...I tought someone else done this workaround :oops:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i can't script either.

there is a program called auto script it.

that you can use to make simple scripts but i could not figure out how to use it more then to open one program like notepad or have it post an alert.

i think they are on auto script it 4 or 5 now?

but that i think is using vbs
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Raffhell

Post by Raffhell »

rovingcowboy wrote:there is a program called auto script it.
I've download it...i'll see if I know to use it XD
rovingcowboy wrote:i think they are on auto script it 4 or 5 now?
On the official site, the last version seems to be 3... [/quote]
Grainslol

Post by Grainslol »

This addon works.

And combined with Monkeyflow, this is hands down the best audio media player out there for its customization, especially for syncing with my Droid.

Bravo.