Tag Cloud 1.2 - Updated 27/04/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Tag Cloud 1.2 - Updated 27/04/2010

Post by trixmoto »

This script was requested here. It is designed to show a "tag cloud" based on the field of your choice, for example...

As always, the installer is available from my website. Use the "View" menu to show/hide this panel and click the pen icon to edit the options.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Re: Tag Cloud 1.0 - Created 17/01/2010

Post by nynaevelan »

Pen Icon, where???
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

As you can see from the screenshot in the first post (which I've just updated!) down the right side of the panel is a floating toolbar. The top icon is to refresh the panel, the pen icon is to show the options screen, and finally there's a status message.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Nevermind I found it, although I was not happy that the panel was turned off by default, I had to go into the script to turn it on in order to move it and get to the settings option.

One minor request: Would it be possible for it to use the font info from Monkey Rok (if it is installed), that might minimize the color clashes, but otherwise I look forward to playing with this one.

EDIT: Sorry me again, what is clicking on the Cloud supposed to do, other than show the count of the total files? I assumed clicking on a cloud would list all the tracks that meet the criteria.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The panel should be displayed when first installed, and you can use the "View" menu to toggle it on/off (shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+C). I just couldn't bare to create ANOTHER option sheet! :)

Well I presume you mean the font colour more than the font style? You might notice that as well as the size, also the "strength" of the colour varies with the count. This means that the colour is not just "blue", there are 8 colours defined. So it's not as simple as picking up a value from somewhere else. I was thinking about adding other "schemes" (eg. red, green...) but didn't do this for the first release.

EDIT: Clicking does nothing at the moment, I was thinking of making it browse to the appropriate node but ran out of time this weekend.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

trixmoto wrote:The panel should be displayed when first installed, and you can use the "View" menu to toggle it on/off (shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+C). I just couldn't bare to create ANOTHER option sheet! :)
The panel was visible the but caption was not, so I had to go into the script to turn line 56 from False to True so that I could move the panel and get to the settings.
trixmoto wrote:The Well I presume you mean the font colour more than the font style? You might notice that as well as the size, also the "strength" of the colour varies with the count. This means that the colour is not just "blue", there are 8 colours defined. So it's not as simple as picking up a value from somewhere else. I was thinking about adding other "schemes" (eg. red, green...) but didn't do this for the first release.
Yes I was thinking of the color, the blue doesn't match all the skins that I use so it clashes.
trixmoto wrote:The EDIT: Clicking does nothing at the moment, I was thinking of making it browse to the appropriate node but ran out of time this weekend.
Thanks, I thought I was missing something. Can you explain the purpose of Clouds, I never used any before??

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

nynaevelan wrote:The panel was visible the but caption was not, so I had to go into the script to turn line 56 from False to True so that I could move the panel and get to the settings.
Oooops! :oops: Didn't think about moving the panel, I'll add an option to show the panel caption in the next version.
nynaevelan wrote:Yes I was thinking of the color, the blue doesn't match all the skins that I use so it clashes.
I plan to add more font styles and colours to the next version, any in particular you want me to include?
nynaevelan wrote:Thanks, I thought I was missing something. Can you explain the purpose of Clouds, I never used any before??
Well it's supposed to be a graphical representation of the data. For example, when I select "Year" I can clearly see that most of my music was released in 2006, I can see this because it is the biggest and boldest tag. It's basically just an alphabetical list of tags where their frequency count (or popularity) is represented visually rather than numerically. I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well, look here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

trixmoto wrote: I plan to add more font styles and colours to the next version, any in particular you want me to include?
I think the basic colors would be good, that way the user can find one that matches, but black would be winner.
trixmoto wrote: Well it's supposed to be a graphical representation of the data. For example, when I select "Year" I can clearly see that most of my music was released in 2006, I can see this because it is the biggest and boldest tag. It's basically just an alphabetical list of tags where their frequency count (or popularity) is represented visually rather than numerically. I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well, look here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud
Thanks I'll read that over. :D I guess I was looking for functionality rather than visual enhancements.

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Interesting and different! I like to see addons like this. Thank you.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Re: Tag Cloud 1.1 - Updated 24/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.1) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to show panel caption
- Added option to select font colour
- Added option to define font style
- Added clicking on tag browses to node

When clicking on a tag to browse to a node, this obviously will not work from Custom fields, for example, as they are not listed in the tree anywhere. Also the node has to be visible, if it is not visible then this action is disabled. If you displaying "Album Artist" tags and this node cannot be found in the tree then it will attempt to use the "Artist" node, and then the "Artist & Album Artist" node.

I have now added a choice of 6 colours; black, blue, green, orange, purple and red. If anyone comes up with any more colour schemes, please let me know and I'll add them to the next version.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Great! But the script is still listed as TagCloud10.mmip...
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Oooops, fixed now! :oops:
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

Very nice script :D

I've only one request. Is it possible that when you click a tag it can redirect to a node made with MagicNodes (with the same name)? Or when clicking on a tag will display all songs?

Greetz
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Also, if possible if it would not expand the node.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added these suggestions to my list. I'm not sure how you've got your magic nodes set up though, I don't really see how I could traverse this.