[SOLVED] COM Object Odd Error

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Melloware

[SOLVED] COM Object Odd Error

Post by Melloware »

In my application MonkeyTunes I have it successfully working for hundreds of users. However two users have reported this exact same error with MM 3.2 but I am not seeing it on either of my 3.2 machines.

Code: Select all

2009-12-27 06:49:01,251 [ERROR] - (3) - MonkeyTunes Error: Unable to cast COM object of type 'SongsDB.SDBApplicationClass' to interface type 'SongsDB.ISDBApplication'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{1FAF02F8-A7D3-41F1-9210-A3B12046F136}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
It looks like somehow the COM interface is not matching up when I make the very first call to SongsDB. Anyone have any thoughts?
Last edited by Melloware on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
Melloware

Re: COM Object Odd Error

Post by Melloware »

It looks like somehow your MM 3.2 COM object on installation has failed to properly install. One other user reported this error also.

I just posted this to the Bug Reports.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=45530

Also can yo try these steps?

If not try these steps....

1. Uninstall MonkeyTunes using the UNinstaller in Start Menu.

2. Uninstall MM.

3. Install MM by right clicking the installer and choosing "Run As Administrator".

4. Run MediaMonkey once. You may have to run it once and then run it once as Administrator. Then close MediaMonkey. This is a strange but important step to install the MM com object.

5. Install MonkeyTunes. You may have to do the same and run our Installer as Administrator but I think it elevates the privs for you but try it as Administrator.

6. Run MM. It should work.
Melloware Inc.
Needlessly Administrated

Re: [SOLVED] COM Object Odd Error

Post by Needlessly Administrated »

Weird.. I'm glad I found this post.

I'm making a Ruby script to do some simple stuff via COM object.. and it will only work if:

1) MediaMonkey is closed and running the script starts MM with the object

or

2) I run MM as Administrator (in Vista)

Seems to be the same issue. I'm going to try reinstalling to see if COM stuff works w/o running as administrator each time.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

YEah it is weird. I have reported this bug so they should be aware of it and hopefully fix it in the MM installer.
Melloware Inc.
Scotsol

Post by Scotsol »

I had this same issue using a Motorola Driod and Windows 7. All I had to do was run Media Monkey as the Admin and that corrected this issue for me.
stax76

Post by stax76 »

It's probably the same issue I have with my VB.NET app, I thought it's related to Win x64 and not to the latest version, are previous versions still available?
stax76

Post by stax76 »

The admin trick works, so it's a bug new MM 3.2 and also happens with x86 systems?
stax76

Post by stax76 »

The root of the problem is probably the people who had this problem did not allow the setup to launch MM because when it's launched by the setup it is launched with admin privileges so you have to manually launch it as admin one time because COM works only properly when it's at least launched one time with admin privileges, nasty MM bug causing me 4 hours headache.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

stax76 wrote:The root of the problem is probably the people who had this problem did not allow the setup to launch MM because when it's launched by the setup it is launched with admin privileges so you have to manually launch it as admin one time because COM works only properly when it's at least launched one time with admin privileges, nasty MM bug causing me 4 hours headache.
That is correct. This happens with both X86 and x64 systems. I have reported it to the MM team so hopefully they will fix it.
Melloware Inc.