Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Play History & Stats Node 4.0.1 (2010-02-07)

Post by Bex »

Script is updated!
Ver 4.0.1 (2010-02-07)
- Added Count of plays in Browse History's Year node
- Added possibility to sort Ascending or Descending in all "Browse History"-Nodes
- Added Check and optionally clean the Played table from invalid records

Go to the options to change sorting and check for invalid records.

Download here or from the first post:
PlayHistory 4.0.1
If you're a new user, please read the first post, including the installation instructions.

Enjoy!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

very nice update it seems 2008 was my most played year. Good job, as always. :D :D

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Lovely update...although...is it me or did you change the overall font size of this script? No matter.

Bex, I was wondering...would it be possible to have the following...I would like to be able to see my Top 20 played tracks for each year and each month. I have been trying to do this with MagicNodes too...maybe zvendan has an idea? I want to be able to see the following display:
Year
Month
top 20 played songs in that month - but only the amount of plays that happened in that month.

At present I only get the songs with the higherst number of plays in total. but I want to see what song was played most just at that particular month...I don't want a song listed just because it has had a million plays in total. Perhaps in February 2010 my most played song was "Honky Tonk woman" by the Stones because I played it three times. Maybe "Honky Tonk Woman" has a total playcount of 4...I also played it once in January.

However, at present, If I go to February or January, I see that Honky Tonk women is top of the list becasue it has 4 plays in total. That isn't quite the same thing.

If that is achievable, I would then want to be able to do this for each artist, so I would have their top 20 most played titles in any given month such as:

Artist
Year
Month
Top 20 most played songs

Have you any idea? Is this a playhistory and Stats thing or is it a magicnode task?
Jim

Post by Guest »

Weatherman wrote:At present I only get the songs with the higherst number of plays in total. but I want to see what song was played most just at that particular month...
Are you absoluetly sure about that? I think that I am getting just songs played in particular month. Anyway, if you want to try Magic Nodes:

Code: Select all

Top 20 Plays (Year, Month)\<Date played|Trim:4|Unknown:No>\<Date played|Trim:2|Substring start:6|Unknown:No>\<Path|Sort by:Count(All) Desc|Top:20>

Code: Select all

Top 20 Plays (Artist, Year, Month)\<Artist>\<Date played|Trim:4|Unknown:No>\<Date played|Trim:2|Substring start:6|Unknown:No>\<Path|Sort by:Count(All) Desc|Top:20>
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Dear Guest...
Thanks so much for going to the trouble. Your nodes do indeed seem to work. I never considered using "path" or the "count all" in the Sort By section. But now I think of it, the path is the way a unique file (track) can be identified.

I found using "path" made the actual results very long to read. I therefore changed the field "path" to "filename", but kept everything else the same. Apart from very minor changes - such as the alphabetical order the tracks with the same plays appear in, the actual list of tracks seems to be the same.

Thanks again, whoever you are! Brilliant help.

Jim
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Bex, You rule! The new release perfectly removed my ghost history. Much appreciated! :D
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you all! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Weatherman wrote:Lovely update...although...is it me or did you change the overall font size of this script? No matter.

Bex, I was wondering...would it be possible to have the following...I would like to be able to see my Top 20 played tracks for each year and each month. I have been trying to do this with MagicNodes too...maybe zvendan has an idea? I want to be able to see the following display:
Year
Month
top 20 played songs in that month - but only the amount of plays that happened in that month.

At present I only get the songs with the higherst number of plays in total. but I want to see what song was played most just at that particular month...I don't want a song listed just because it has had a million plays in total. Perhaps in February 2010 my most played song was "Honky Tonk woman" by the Stones because I played it three times. Maybe "Honky Tonk Woman" has a total playcount of 4...I also played it once in January.

However, at present, If I go to February or January, I see that Honky Tonk women is top of the list becasue it has 4 plays in total. That isn't quite the same thing.

If that is achievable, I would then want to be able to do this for each artist, so I would have their top 20 most played titles in any given month such as:

Artist
Year
Month
Top 20 most played songs

Have you any idea? Is this a playhistory and Stats thing or is it a magicnode task?
Jim
No I haven't changed any fonts?

As for the Top 20 per month, that would be the "Per Month (Chart)"-Nodes, but you get all plays in a month. It only considers the plays within that month and not any other plays.

All My Scripts
Galen

Post by Galen »

Hi Script Creator,

I tried searching for the answer to my question in this thread but couldn't see it asked specifically.

Ive been using your wonderful script for years now, i have data from early 2007. It works beautifully and really its one of continued benefits of mediamonkey that have it crap all over the alternatives.

My situation is this:
I want a playlist that has my most played songs over the last 3 months that I can sync to my iPhone.
I can't seem to get this accurately from a standard auto-playlist query and obviously your script has a node that has this data perfectly exactly.

I just need a way to get that node to an auto-playlist or be able to sync directly from the node to my iPhone. I can't find any information on if it is possible to do either.

Figured I'd start by askiing here.

Thanks in Advance
Galen
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I've got an idea.

Create your playlist. Navigate to the Per Month node of Play HIstory. Click on 2010-January to get the tracks into the main window. Highlight all the tracks and move to your playlist. Do the same for 2010-February and 2010-March and you should be good to go.

Might be a bit cumbersome and someone else may have a better way, but this is the first thing I would do.
Galen

Post by Galen »

Thanks for your response mate, and yeah I probably should of mentioned that I knew you could of done this.
Unofortunately its not dynamic/live and is cumbersome. Its a last resort scenario and I was hoping for something a bit more elegant if possible. :)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Couldn't you use the Custom Period Node in the Statistics section??
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

In the statistic node you have a "Last 3 Months"-node, if you have hidden it just unhide it in the options. Then just create a playlist from that node!

All My Scripts
Galen

Post by Galen »

When you say create a playlist from the node, do you just mean a manual select all, create playlist? In essence a static once only playlist? Or can you create a 'live' auto playlist that constantly updates as the node content changes with your play history. I'm after the latter.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, that was what I meant. There is no way to automatically get the songs into an autoplaylist, unfortunately... :(

All My Scripts