PUID Generator 2.5 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: PUID Generator 2.0 - Updated 28/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

I'm guessing that the .dll can't cope with this type of file, but then I didn't write it I only use it, so unfortunately I can't really help with that. :(
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

@Trix/Goodog:
FYI:
- MusicIP has a known problem archiving analysis to AAC files. This may also apply to Genpuid.
- I seem to remember other AAC specific problems but the Predixis MusicIP forum has been taken offline.
- Google "musicip aac problem" does show other potential problems however, e.g. this one
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

FYI:
Did a quick test:

- Rip album "Corrine Bailey Rae - The Sea" to .FLAC
- Rip album to 256K VBR MP3
- Convert FLAC to new 256K VBR MP3 tracks
- Get PUIDs for all tracks

PUIDs are identical for same tracks.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

FYI:
Did some benchmarking on the PUID Generator.

Tracks with previously archived analysis (from this script, MusicIP, etc.): approx 25/minute
Tracks without archived analysis but well tagged and reasonably well known: approx 7-8/minute
Other tracks (results vary depending on song length and encoding): approx 2-3/minute

Mileage will vary depending on CPU, Internet and MusicDNS server speed, but, the relative results should be consistent.
Core speed, not number of cores, is significant. This runs as a single threaded process.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

trixmoto wrote:Ok, thanks, I'll add this to the next version.
Thanks. This also speeds up my start-up re-scans in MusicIP a lot.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've decided that I don't actually like the automatic mode - is anyone actually using it? If no one minds, I think I'll remove it in the next version.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

trixmoto wrote:I've decided that I don't actually like the automatic mode - is anyone actually using it? If no one minds, I think I'll remove it in the next version.
No argument from me. :D
bertbell2

Post by bertbell2 »

trixmoto wrote:I've decided that I don't actually like the automatic mode - is anyone actually using it? If no one minds, I think I'll remove it in the next version.
I'm re-ripping my CD colection (long story) and in testing I was getting different PUIDs for the new 160 VBR mp3's from my old 64 bit wma's. So I'm quite happy with it automagically computing the PUID.

I'm a software engineer so as my clients ask so often, "Couldn't you add a little flag to turn on and off?"

Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the problem is that there are some major bugs with the automatic mode. I've completely uninstalled the script now because it keeps throwing into infinite loops and error stacks. I'm not sure it's really worth the hassle trying to fix them.
bertbell2

Post by bertbell2 »

trixmoto wrote:Well the problem is that there are some major bugs with the automatic mode. I've completely uninstalled the script now because it keeps throwing into infinite loops and error stacks. I'm not sure it's really worth the hassle trying to fix them.
OF course as soon as I read your response my internet connection had trouble and that did seem to hang the script; so if automatic is a problem I'll live with manual. Thanks for the script
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

bertbell2 wrote:
trixmoto wrote:Well the problem is that there are some major bugs with the automatic mode. I've completely uninstalled the script now because it keeps throwing into infinite loops and error stacks. I'm not sure it's really worth the hassle trying to fix them.
OF course as soon as I read your response my internet connection had trouble and that did seem to hang the script; so if automatic is a problem I'll live with manual. Thanks for the script
The problem might be worse with automatic (which I don't use), but, the main problem is that the script has to have access to the MusicDNS Server to work.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

FYI:
Did another test. Converted WMA high quality album (approx 340K) to MP3 VBR 256K. Got PUIDs for both sets of tracks.
2 tracks out of 16 got a different PUID for WMA & MP3.

Bottomline is that there should be no false positive matches by PUID but there may be false negative matches.
trixmoto

Re: PUID Generator 2.1 - Updated 09/03/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.1) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Removed automatic mode which was buggy and annoying
- Added archive flag to speed up re-analysis of files

Please uninstall any previous versions before installing this version to ensure that the automatic mode is fully removed.
SpOiLeR

Post by SpOiLeR »

trixmoto wrote: - Added archive flag to speed up re-analysis of files
Hi, great script but I'm afraid to install new version because of this new feature... I'm concerned that this could corrupt file tags. Short googling on subject gets me to: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/A ... th_GenPuid, section "Running the Scanner ". I don't know under what circumstances could tags get corrupted, but have you considered this? Anyway, could archiving of analysis be made optional? Thanx...
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

I have over 35K tracks with archived analysis. However, these are all MP3s. I specifically do not have any AAC tracks with archived analysis. Known problems with AAC files & archiving.

Anyway, it is easy enough to remove.

@168 in Scripts\MIPT\PuidGenerator.vbs change

Code: Select all

Dim cmd : cmd = "%comspec% /c "&exe&" f25c7a6acad172541066f475175465a7 -archive -rmd=2 """&mp3&""" >"&dat
to

Code: Select all

Dim cmd : cmd = "%comspec% /c "&exe&" f25c7a6acad172541066f475175465a7 -rmd=2 """&mp3&""" >"&dat