I recently wrote my first MM scripts and I'm posting them here in case someone else cares to use them. The scripts offer a means of transferring playlists between an ipod and computer without creating duplicates. (While re-organizing my library I had inadvertently erased my itunes playlists, so I needed to get playlists off my ipod onto my computer, reconnect the list's old song locations to the new ones, and (after updating my ipod to the new library) place the updated playlists back onto my ipod.)
'IListTransfer2': (ipod to computer) Takes broken song links (greyed out songs) from a selected playlist and searches for an exact matches within a user-specified drive. The script uses the matches to create an identical, functioning playlist that correctly references songs within the chosen drive. Within the 'options' sheet one can define which qualities need to be matched (i.e. any combination of title, artist, album, genre, songlength) and which drive the songs should be located in. If a 'greyed' song's match can't be found, the script places the original greyed out song in it's corresponding spot within the new playlist, so the user can manually find the correct song and place it in the correct spot. (So in my case, I copied my ipod playlists to the MM playlist node, and ran this script to create identical playlists that correctly reference my music library rather than my ipod)
NOTE: This concept is similar to a very clever and more sophisticated script by Trixmoto called 'Recreate M3Us'. His script actually compensates for slight differences in tagging by guessing likely song matches. It has a remarkable level of accuracy, but do to my neurotic relationship with playlists, I couldn't take the occasional guessing error and wrote this
'IListExport': (computer to ipod) Exports a selected playlist into a txt file format that can then be imported by itunes without creating duplicates. So for me, I ran this script on my now correctly referenced playlists, and then used Itunes' Files>Library>Import Playlist . And from there I could update my ipod and transfer the playlists in itunes as normal.
NOTE: I'm using itunes 9- i don't know if other versions will work with this script. Also, there seems to be issues with itunes 9 and mediamonkey that may or may not have been fixed, so you might want to check that out before updating to 9.
NOTE:songs with accented letters didn't transfer into the itunes playlist. That was only three songs, so i fixed it manually, but I also found a roundabout method that worked (most of the time) with weird letters, so let me know if that would be useful to anyone.
Here are links for downloading the scripts