Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 4.1 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

It shouldn't keep spinning and spinning. If not results come back then it should hide the box temporarily. Can you give me an example artist?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Minor complaint with when tracks are in the lighter shade.

e.g. I was looking at artist "Emmylou Harris" which included the album "The Essential Roy Orbison" in "Albums featuring Emmylou Harris".

Huh. Expanded album to see which track that was. Nothing in black, all in the lighter shade.

Picked one track to view album.

Display in "Selected" mode as I was reviewing the artist info. Switched to "Roy Orbision". Huh. Ok, That makes sense, the first track in the new album was selected.

Reviewed tracks and noticed that "That Loving You Feeling" had artist "Roy Orbison; with; Emmylou Harris". MR still shows the track in the light state.

Selected that track. Most of the MR display stays the same based on primary artist of "Roy Orbison", but now only that track in in black in the MR album track list.

Suggest that any track containing the MR primary artist should be in black.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

trixmoto wrote:It shouldn't keep spinning and spinning. If not results come back then it should hide the box temporarily. Can you give me an example artist?
Could not reproduce.
Changed random track artist to "Fake Artist". This got a biography with just an image.
Changed it again to "Fake Artist-Just Testing". This removed biography panel.
No noticable delays.

Changed it back to "Roy Orbison" before I forgot to. :D
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

trixmoto wrote:I think the main thing to try is...
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This sets your "My Computer" zone setting (which is not displayed in the Internet Options) to Enabled.
This worked, but, it required MM exit & restart to take affect.
Thanks.
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

trixmoto wrote:It shouldn't keep spinning and spinning. If not results come back then it should hide the box temporarily. Can you give me an example artist?
Hi Trix. Well, I have 15000 tracks. I have recorded a whole set of Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio show. Where there is a track with a "real" artist I put that real artist name in the artist field and MR finds info on them no problem. However, tracks which have Bob Dylan speaking or introducing songs, I label the artist filed "Dylan Theme Time". It is when one of those tracks is on that the problems start.

Another issue is if I have labelled the Artist Field by the surname first - e.g. "Dylan, Bob". I have changed most of my tracks back to the format "Bob Dylan" because MR will take ages, and then a message inside the MR Biography page will appear saying "you may have tagged the name incorrectly.." or something like that - a message from Last FM, not a MR problem.

It is not a big issue, it's just that with certain albums, like my Theme time collection and of course artists who are unsigned that Last FM doesn't know about, it does seem to spin for ages.

Thanks for your interest, Trix - much appreciated. I don't want this to sound like a gripe and I will certainly be downloading your updated version of MR.

Thanks
Jim
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Owyn - this is really a skinning issue - what skin are you using? Different classes are used for the currently playing/selected artist and track, but all the colours and styles are defined in the skins "skin.css" file.

@Weatherman - sorry, even with "Dylan Theme Time" I get the biography panel disappear almost immediately, as I would expect. I'd not seen the "incorrect tag" message before, but I think that's quite a useful message so I think I'll leave it in. With no specific error code, it would be rather tricking to detect anyway.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Vitreous Blue from standard install set.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I meant which MM skin have you selected in the script options? :)
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

"-basic-", ie. at default.
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

trixmoto wrote:@Owyn - this is really a skinning issue - what skin are you using? Different classes are used for the currently playing/selected artist and track, but all the colours and styles are defined in the skins "skin.css" file.

@Weatherman - sorry, even with "Dylan Theme Time" I get the biography panel disappear almost immediately, as I would expect. I'd not seen the "incorrect tag" message before, but I think that's quite a useful message so I think I'll leave it in. With no specific error code, it would be rather tricking to detect anyway.
No worries, Trixmoto. Now, the serious stuff....WHEN is MR 4.??? coming?!!! :wink:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's on the way, just tidying up the skins and then adding the new tabbed one. Whilst doing that I've written a list of tips for what skinners will need to change or do differently for version 5.0 (the new version)...

HTML:
1. Character set changed to UTF8 to support unicode
2. Replaced "scriptaculous" links with "jquery" links
3. Moved images to "images" folder, including new images
4. Moved "toggleVisible" events to "_header" divs
5. Added "hide" and "mini" images to the "_header" divs
6. Added "info_volume" div to "info_left" div
7. Added "info_position" and "info_loved" divs to "info_right" div
8. Added divs for external panels 2-5 (copies of "external_" divs)

CSS:
1. Added "cursor:pointer" rule to elements which have click events
2. Moved images to "images" folder, including new images
3. Added rules to position the new "info_" divs

VBS:
1. Added "Skin_Mode" to return the context menu theme
2. Replaced "scriptaculous" functions with "jquery" functions
3. Changed "toggleVisible" to change mini/maxi images and handle new "info_" divs
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks Trixmoto. I took the liberty of posting your list of tips in the threads of a few of my favorite skins.

Looking forward to it!
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

By the way, the current languages include are... English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish and Swedish. Does anyone wish to contribute any other translations? If so, the new "english.txt" to be translated can be found here. Please translate and email me the file. Thanks :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm loving my new tabbed skin! :D

I'm off to bed now but I should be able to get final testing done tomorrow and release the script. I'm still waiting for the Italian, Swedish and Spanish translations though...
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Bug in Similar Tracks panel. Similar tracks/songs are counted, and displayed, once per artist value.

e.g.
Artist: Miles Davis; Bill Evans; Wynton Kelly; Jimmy Cobb; Paul Chambers; John Coltrane; Julian 'Cannonball' Adderley
Title: So What
Shows up 7 times for Miles Davis.

Edit:
Clicking on a similar track seems to be a bit mixed up. The first track listed expands as expected, but the others expand a similar artist instead.