Calculate Cover Size 1.7 - Updated 23/10/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gege

Re: Calculate Cover Size 1.4 [MM2+3]

Post by gege »

I DO use Calculate Cover Size + MagicNodes to manage this "I need better artwork" thing:
- First I used Calculate Cover Size to fill Custom4 with artwork dimensions (like: 600x600, 300x301, etc...)
- Then I used Magic Nodes to create separated nodes for square and rectangular covers. See more details here.

Now it's very easy to identify which covers I need to hunt a better version of.

Important notes:
- I use only one artwork per song, stored as a link to folder.jpg
- I like all my covers to be square, so I separated square and rectangular covers in different nodes.

The MagicNodes look like this:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I recommend author(s) of this script to store such information in the Covers table of the database, not in audio files as a Custom field. Such implementation could be faster, Custom fields are often already reserved for something else and there are also situations when audio files could not be updated e.g. because they are stored on read-only media.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

OK, I took the advice and ran the script on all my MP3s, with the qualifiers "average size", "custom 4" field, and "9 characters so I can sort alphabetically". I inlcuded images that were linked but not those in tags (as my images are stored in each individual folder).

Then I used the magicnode:

Small Artwork by Size|Filter:cast(Songs.Custom4 as integer) < 000250000\<Custom 4>\<Album Artist>\<Album>

To arrange via size. This seemed to work, but 2 points:

1. It does not list pixel size by format 300x300. It gives each MP3 a number such as "000034500".
2. It seems to have populated a proportion of the items with "000000000" instead of any meaningful cover size.

Also, interesting idea from ZvezdanD above.

Any ideas ? Thanks !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It only gives "300x300" if you select the "Dimensions" option. For the most of the others it actually does 300x300 to give 90000 so that the numbers can be easily sorted. Normally getting 0 means that either the track has no images, or the images are missing or invalid.

I wouldn't want to edit the Covers table as this could cause problems with future upgrades so I would need to create my own table. The trouble with this is that it makes it less accessible in terms of MagicNodes - and the original idea was just so that you could sort the tracks in the main window, which would not be possible if they are not stored in one of the columns available.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

OK, but If I used this script, I would turn off the option "Update tags when editing properties". I don't like to pollute my audio files with some redundant data even if they are on writable media.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2

Post by Guest »

I tried to install the script, but a "Product installation error" pop-up appears. Suggestions to fix this?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:I tried to install the script, but a "Product installation error" pop-up appears. Suggestions to fix this?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=59
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Hmmm. This looks useful. But can it store the result in any field, not just Custom1..5?
I am already using them all. :(

Edit:
Nevermind. I can move one of my custom fields to Grouping. This is, or will shortly be, a null tag in my database. :D
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added allowing other string fields to my list.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I was very excited about the possibility of using this script to weed out the tracks and albums of my collection that had low quality album art. But I just realized that running it will modify every single track in my library, which will result in a massive reupload to my offsite backup. It will take me weeks to do that.
Hmmm...... I''m not sure what to do...
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well hopefully the "Tagging Inconsistencies" will be able to replicate the same sort of functionality but without modifying the metadata.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Pure Magic. Ran quick test on my primary album library (about 11000 tracks) and found (worst case) 4MB images embedded in tracks. :P

Needless to say I am doing a quick clean up on this oversize album art.

Thanks.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
trixmoto

Re: Calculate Cover Size 1.5 - Updated 03/05/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.5) is now available to download from my website. I have added more field options, so you don't have to use custom fields now.
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

Trixmoto is godly :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Haha, not quite, but thanks! :D