AMGexpanded v2.2

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Poison Joe

AMGexpanded v2.2

Post by Poison Joe »

Hi Monkeys,

since Steegy must retreat his wonderful AMG search script, I missed it more and more. Although all the other tagging scripts do their job very well, in my opinion allmusic is the reliablest source for retrieving tagging information. A few months ago I accidental saw the the Sample AMG Search script on the WiKI. So I decided to write my own one.

My special interest go to the following tags:

<Involved People> - for me its interesting which people take part on the album I am hearing (I found a lot of interesting albums by looking for other albums these members are also part of):

<Composers> - same as above

<OriginalYear> - I mostly like to hear music of a special decade, 70's 80's, even 20's etc. Therefor I need the original year tag.

A short time later it is working for me (I can live with the failures in it, hehe). Friends of mine also want to use it. I gave it to them, but my telefon didn't stop ringing. They have many questions how it works (in the beginning there was no Options window!), complain about failures etc.

To get rid of the problems, I polish the script a lot. Now it is working very well (I've taggged nearly 1000 albums). So here it is:

AMGexpanded v2.2 http://poisonjoe.freeunix.net/AMGexpanded2_2.mmip

A better description is found on: http://poisonjoe.freeunix.net/

Please read the Tips & Tricks section to avoid tag-salad. :oops:

This script will work as long as AMG doesn't change their web-layout. In the time I am working on it, they do this 2 times. If so, this script will no longer work.

What's new:
  • v1.0 - initial release
  • v1.1 - 11.04.2010
    - cleanup and bugfixes
    - AlbumArt is always parsed, so changing the option after scanning allows subsequent saving
  • v2.0 - 21.11.2010
    - AMG Layout from September now scannable + bugfixes
  • v2.1 - 21.01.2011
  • v2.2 - 01.11.2011
    - improved Album matching (thanks to booblers!)
    - Trachnumber now also taggable
    - Songtitle now selectable

Awaiting your comments,
:evil: :evil: :evil: Poison Joe :evil: :evil: :evil:

P.S.:
I'd like to thank the author of the Wiki Search Script and all other scripters here in the forum. I grab some code here and there, thank you all. Without YOU this script would not exist!!!
Last edited by Poison Joe on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
tinana

Re: AMGexpanded v1.0 - first pubic release

Post by tinana »

I like this, thank-you pj ;^D
MM Gold/Lifetime member
fuzzynavel

Post by fuzzynavel »

He said "pubic release". Heh, heh heh.
Poison Joe

Post by Poison Joe »

Version 1.1 released

Greetings,
Goodog

Re: AMGexpanded v1.1

Post by Goodog »

Hey PJ

I Love the idea of this script but I can't seem to figure out how to install..... sorry for the stupid question but how do I do this?

Thanks and best regards

Goodog
Poison Joe

Post by Poison Joe »

Goodog wrote:Hey PJ

I Love the idea of this script but I can't seem to figure out how to install..... sorry for the stupid question but how do I do this?

Thanks and best regards

Goodog
Installation should be easy:

If running Windows 7 or Vista, start MediaMonkey as Administrator (here you need Admin-Rights). Then doubleclick the "AMGexpanded1_1.mmip" you've downloaded. That's all.

Good Luck,
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

'Tag-salad' .... lol ... love that ... :lol:

Will give this a shot. :D
Stop Button Freak
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi PJ

Thanks for the reply, when I downloaded, it was a zip file hence my confusion, I just had to change the extension from .zip to .mmip and everything went great! Thank you again, this is an excellent script and works really well.

Best Regards

Goodog
-SuperFunk-

Post by -SuperFunk- »

hey I like this! :D
But is it possible to choose the 'mood' field for Moods (etc.) instead of the 'custom' fields?
I use my 'custom' fields for other purposes.
themediamonkees

Post by themediamonkees »

Right, so, AMG changed their layout ever so slightly. I tried to contact Poison Joe to see if there was a quick fix to make this script functional again, but to no avail.
To anyone who's unfamiliar, this is the best script I've ever used because of the sheet amount of data I retrieve, especially genre/styles and mood/themes. I tried looking at the script and couldn't exactly figure it out, as I don't know what AMG changed. If anyone could restore this script back to its working state, it would be amazing. This spoiled me forever, as I can't use anything else after having tried this, and I've been unable to download music for a couple months now because I can't tag it properly.
Poison Joe

Post by Poison Joe »

Dear themediamonkees,

it's really a pain, AMG changed their layout very often. I will take a look at the script this weekend to see what I can do. But I have only short time.

Greetings,
Poison Joe

P.S.:
You have tried to send me an EMail? To what account?
themediamonkees

Post by themediamonkees »

I tried the one posted on your freeunix page, but I figured it was defunct.
Poison Joe

Re: AMGexpanded v2.0

Post by Poison Joe »

The AMG Web-Site is really lousy coded again! Slow and with many htmlerrors. Where do they learn to build a website?

Please uninstall any previous AMG-script!

I hope this is working for you now. Me and my friends are using a private version of this script, reading a lot of tags more (we are tag junkies). The public version is strongly reduced but the handling is much more easier.

Have Fun,
Poison Joe
yannl

Post by yannl »

Hello,
It seems that it's not recognizing artists correctly anymore.
If I want to tag Platinium Collection Mike Oldfield, I get tons of Platinium Collection but no Mike Oldfield.
BTW I'd love to be able to search only for artists tags to start with btw. So I can at least get this clean. Then search again for albums, then maybe for tracks is I feel patient :-P
And... any possibility to get your "private" version ?
Cheers
sigl

Post by sigl »

Hello,
I have installed the the script and I get and Error when I tried to search . I got the following :

Error #438 -Microsoft VBScript runtine error
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'getAttribute'
Line :1063, column 7