Tag Cloud 1.2 - Updated 27/04/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

debu

Re: Tag Cloud 1.1 - Updated 24/01/2010

Post by debu »

Would be cool if it would populate the cloud with last.fm tags like: last.fm "Boffin"

http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler ... 5/_/510180

they're putting this tech in the next last.fm player. Any chance on this? thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, this should be possible - I'll add it to my list.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Maka

Post by Maka »

Hi
Like this different kind of browsing.
Question
Is it posible to change the white background?
And
Perhaps also the font color(diff then in the panel)

Txh Maka
debu

Post by debu »

Yep, a background color change and ability to populate by last.fm tags to get a different "take" on your collection would make this all kinds of cool. 8)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well you can change the font style and colour already, unless you want a colour other than black or blue or green or orange or purple or red? I can add a field to specify the background colour as well. You could do this yourself temporarily by amending line 202...

Code: Select all

Call out.WriteLine("  <body id=""docbody"">")
...to be something like...

Code: Select all

Call out.WriteLine("  <body id=""docbody"" bgcolor=""#FFFFCC"">")
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Maka

Post by Maka »

Thx
It worked fine

i'll changed the color code for the backround to a gray dark color matching my skín.

/Maka
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

debu wrote:Would be cool if it would populate the cloud with last.fm tags like: last.fm "Boffin"
I've come round to looking at this and I'm a little confused about exactly what you're after. What I originally assumed is that I'd be querying "user.getTopTags" to get the top tags that you have scrobbled, except when I came to test this I found out I don't actually have any at all! Looking in more detail at what "Boffin" does, it actually works as you play tracks, which doesn't really fit in with the way that this script works. Which were you thinking?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Brouwerik wrote:Is it possible that when you click a tag it can redirect to a node made with MagicNodes (with the same name)?
I can't figure out how to allow the user to configure this and for it to work automatically for the different tag fields. Maybe you could provide me with a screenshot of your tree showing the MagicNodes?
trixmoto

Re: Tag Cloud 1.2 - Updated 27/04/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed "Artist & Album Artist" typos
- Added option to specify background colour
- Added option to not expand tag node
- Added option to underline split tags
- Added option to view cloud of Last.Fm user tags
- Added option to view cloud like Last.Fm Boffin

When viewing the cloud of Last.Fm user tags you must have set your Last.Fm username in the options sheet added by the scrobbler plugin. The user tags are cached for 15 minutes to reduce calls to Last.Fm.

When viewing in Last.Fm Boffin mode there is a link next to the dropdown called "Download tag data" - clicking this will trigger a background process once you've clicked the "Ok" button. This background process will check all of the tracks in the active filter to see if they need the tag data downloading from Last.Fm and will then loop through those that do and download the data - this can take a long time with a large library. The track tags are cached for 7 days, in accordance with the Last.Fm terms of service. When a track finishes playing in this mode it will automatically check and download tags and rebuild the cloud.
avera991

Post by avera991 »

apparently, there is no way to change the settings, just long list ordered alphabetically
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The settings panel can be reached by clicking on the "pen" icon, as described in the first post. Unless there are other options that you require, in which case it would make it easier for me to add them if you actually suggested them.
avera991

Post by avera991 »

There are no buttons at all
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:Image
Use the "View" menu to show/hide this panel and click the pen icon to edit the options.
This is the pen icon Trixmoto is referring to. Which buttons are you referring to?
--
The gpzbc
avera991

Post by avera991 »

My bad, pen button was in its normal place. I just didn't notice the horizontal scroll bar
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I'm glad you found it! :D
--
The gpzbc