Auto-Convert rules based on something other than format/rate

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

kmenzel

Auto-Convert rules based on something other than format/rate

Post by kmenzel »

I'm not sure if this is possible, though I couldn't find it anywhere - I think it would be amazing if you could somehow auto-convert songs to different bit-rates/format based on something like what playlist they are in.

For example, I have about 30,000 songs in my collection, and a good chunk of podcasts as well. I only have an 160GB iPod, so to carry all that around requires pretty small files. Smaller than I'd like, but I don't have the cash for a larger MP3 player yet. So what I'd like to be able to do is, for instance, auto-convert all my Podcasts to 64kbps mono MP3s if they aren't already, auto-convert all my 5 star songs to 256kpbs, and auto-convert a few select tracks to something like 320kpbs, and then have the rest of the songs go VBR at around 100kbps so I can still have EVERYTHING at my fingertips. I'd love to be able to do this by selecting different auto-covert rules by playlist, but obviously there could be some songs on multiple playlists - in which case I'd want to be able to specify the order of the filters so that it auto-converts to the highest quality of the matching filters. Maybe even just allowing the same selection filters for advanced auto-playlist creation, as for auto-conversion rules.

This would make having a large portable collection much more appealing to me.
Alexddr

Re: Auto-Convert rules based on something other than format/rate

Post by Alexddr »

+1
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double post
kmenzel

Post by kmenzel »

To explain by way of example to make things more clear in case people are wondering... - I just got the Beatles 2009 Mono remasters. My ipod has something like 14,000 tracks on it right now, which is nice and all, by since I'm planning on putting on another 16-18 thousand they're all VBR ~128kpbs MP3s. Cos I don't care. But I'd LOVE to be able to set the new beatles stuff to auto-sync at like 320kpbs, or WAV, or ALAC, or whatever, so that they sound better on my iPod than like the Glee soundtrack, which, frankly, could use some MP3 artifacts to distract me from the autotune.

So like it'd be awesome if I could have the option to autosync:

* "Artist is "The Beatles"; Album Ends with "[Mono]" - 320kbps CBR MP3
* "is Podcast" - 64kbps CBR
* Everything above 128kpbs - ~128kpbs VBR MP3 (Q0)
* Everything incompatible - ~`128kpbs VBR MP3 (Q2)

And then when I did the auto sync, it would select the tracks in the criterea from top down, and if tracks from the top were also selected below, then they would be ignored the second time at the second conversion rate. So I wouldn't get a 320 and a 128kpbs The Beatles: Magical Mystery Tour [Mono], I'd only get the 320kpbs version.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

could possibly only be done by a scripter. not in monkey normaly but one of the scripters might be able to get it working for you. however the script would be a huge one and take up lots of time could end up to be a 10 mb size script thats a lot of text might as well be a program in its own right...

so you might be asking for the impossible? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.