Auto Beats DJ 1.4 - Updated 12/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.1 - Updated 01/05/2010

Post by trixmoto »

But you can create a filter that's based on an auto-playlist - can't you? The trouble is that at the moment there is no scripting method to get the SQL for an auto-playlist, only for a filter.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Lowlander wrote:Hey, Trixmoto, good script. I'd like to request the ability to also choose Auto-Playlists instead of just Filters.
trixmoto wrote:But you can create a filter that's based on an auto-playlist - can't you?
:-? Autoplaylist should respect Filter setting: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=49040

Which should be child of which ?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think either needs to be a child of the other. In my case I use AutoPlaylists for all my playback needs and thus it would be easier if I can use AutoPlaylists instead of Filters.

Trixmoto, I'm getting MediaMonkey bug errors (running MediaMonkey debug) when using Auto Beats and it then fails to add tracks. Are you aware of this issue, any ideas? Also it seems Auto Beats restricts its song selection to +/- 20BPM (using 10 BPM default setting) in track selection. I'm not sure if I have ran it long enough though to see more variation.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No, I've not seen any errors - can you give me any examples? The selection works by always getting a track that is ±10 (or your setting) of the current track, so I guess in theory it could wander (100, 90, 80, 70...) but is more likely to fluctuate around the same point, as the "wandering" example is the most extreme example of what could happen.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Later today I will try to get you a debug log. I'd personally prefer a bit more wandering. In other words I'd still like to listen to all tracks with very diverse BPM, but have one track to the next be limited to ±10BPM.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll see what I can do in the next version.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I was thinking about this, maybe when a new track needs to be selected the script can select a random (i) number (between 1 and x) and for the next i tracks it would either find i tracks with increasing BPM (or decreasing BPM). x could be a user setting. Just make sure that when highest or lowest BPM is reached i is reset and started over (in reverse direction).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for the idea, I'll see what I can do. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Lowlander wrote:Later today I will try to get you a debug log. I'd personally prefer a bit more wandering. In other words I'd still like to listen to all tracks with very diverse BPM, but have one track to the next be limited to ±10BPM.
I'm having a look at this and would be interested in the behaviour that you are after. Do you want it to...?
1) Very deliberately wander down to the lowest BPM and then back up to the highest BPM, etc.
2) Vaguely wander down in the same direction by randomly deciding the direction with a weighting towards the previous direction
3) Wander totally randomly by randomly deciding the direction without any weighting at all.

Or feel free to suggest a 4th option! :)

EDIT: I've just realised you've already suggested a 4th option above!! :lol:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It doesn't really matter as long as it would get out of the same BPM range, it currently will be stuck in the same range. The script in this case would limit the BPM difference between 2 sequential tracks, but still allow the playback of the full BPM range from the library.
trixmoto

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.2 - Updated 13/07/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed song selection by looping and increasing tolerance
- Fixed song selection by only excluding last 50 in now playing
- Fixed song selection by adding any song from filter as last resort
- Added option to specify level of wandering
- Added debug mode to create logfile
huttate

Post by huttate »

New version errors with varable 'name' undefined at line 276.

To Test. Install new version
Restart MM

Invoke autodj by running out of tracks in playlist and error appears.

possible cause:

old version has >

Function GetFilterSQL(Name)
Select Case Name
Case "- No Filter -"
GetFilterSQL = ""
Case "- Active Filter -"

new version has >

Function GetFilterSQL()
Select Case SDB.IniFile.StringValue("AutoBeatsDJ","FilterName")
Case "- No Filter -"
GetFilterSQL = ""
Case "- Active Filter -"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yep, ooops! :oops: For now you'll only be able to use the active filter, or you can fix it by changing...

Code: Select all

Select Case SDB.IniFile.StringValue("AutoBeatsDJ","FilterName")
...to...

Code: Select all

Dim Name : Name = SDB.IniFile.StringValue("AutoBeatsDJ","FilterName")
Select Case Name
trixmoto

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.3 - Updated 08/08/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) is now available to download from my website. I have fixed selecting a filter causes errors.
gblum

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.3 - Updated 08/08/2010

Post by gblum »

Under Options, it appears 99 BPM is the highest value available. If I try to type in something higher, it reverts back to 99. Am I doing something wrong? Also, what does the 'Wandering' value do?