Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

todobueno

TUTORIAL how to use, help for special needs

Post by todobueno »

hello together,
this script seems quite genius and really helpful for my purpose, but i´m having trouble in understanding how it really works.
sorry i´m new to scripting and still dont understand too much.

i tried to search some explanations but didn´t find what i need. Now i hope someone here can help me out with some tipps.

My wish is to tell the srcipt that it first list my Custom 1 tag. Under each custom 1 tag should come the author with its albums.
i dont need the tracks to be named.

i tried it with this under the track mask.
<Custom 1>|<<>Artist<|><Album><|>

the album and artist mask i dont want to use if not necessary. first i left it blank, but it was used so i tried to put <> in the mask - somehow it worked better

but for some reason it does not dysplay or include my custom1 tags in the listing.
i changed the track mask to <Custom 1><Artist><Album> but no difference in the output...
under custom1 i put categories for my audiobooks - now i hope to get an html file which lists first the categories custom1 - then the author and directly its albums - without links to the albums.

i hope you understand what i mean and someone knows how to fix my problem.
thanks for any ideas or hints how to get the output how discribed.

if there are any questions to my explanations please ask .
if helpful im using vista latest mm gold version -

THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR HELP - best wishes emanuel
trixmoto

Re: Advanced Report 5.6 - Updated 03/05/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I don't think this script can do what you are after. It always creates a report which is a list of artists which displays their albums, and you can drill down from artist to album to tracks on that album. There are a lot of options which can custom the report, but this is always the structure.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I thought I would share my CSS style for anyone that is interested in using it. I use Frame Set Top mode.

Here is the CSS:

Code: Select all

body {
	font: normal normal 72%/160% Verdana, sans-serif;
	background: #3B3B3B; 
	color: #C1CDC1;
}

h1 {
	font-size: 1.4em; 
	color: #AAA; 
}

h2 { 
	font-size: 1.3em; 
	color: #E0EEE0; 
}

td, p {
	font-size: 1em; 
}

a, a:visited {
	color: #E0EEE0;
}

.head_wrapper ul {
	list-style: none;
	margin: 5px;
	padding: 0px;
}

.head_wrapper li {
	float: left; 
	margin: 5px;
}

.head_wrapper, .nav_wrapper, .artist_wrapper, .album_wrapper {
	width: 100%;
	text-align: left;
}

.album { 
	padding: 45px;
	text-align: center;
}

.album p {
	width: 98%;
}

.album img {
	border: none;
}

.tracks {
	width: 75%;
	vertical-align: top;
}

.cover {
	width: 25%;
	padding-top: 40px;
	vertical-align: top;
}

.credit {
	width: 100%;
	padding: 20px 0px 50px 0px;
	text-align: right;
}

div.tracks th, div.tracks td {
      padding-left: 5px;
      padding-right: 25px;

}
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I also thought I would share a tip for putting Advanced Report to good use.

I have a Dropbox account. For those of you that haven't heard of Dropbox, it is an excellent syncing service. You can find out about it here: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMyMDg4Mzk

Dropbox has the ability to generate a link for any file contained within the Dropbox "Public" Folder. So I configure Advanced Report to save my music library catalog in that Public folder of my Dropbox. Then I generate a link for the main .htm file of my music library catalog. That allows me to send anyone a link to my music library catalog at any time. Then they can browse my music catalog from within their browser at any time, even when my computer is offline. It is pretty slick.
(As you can imagine, this Public Folder is also a great way to host images to post in forums such as the MM forums.)

I hope someone finds this tip to be useful. I've loved being able to refer people to my music library catalog whenever the opportunity presents itself. Let me know if you would like any more information on my setup.
---

P.S. Dropbox has a referral program. If you join Dropbox from the link I provided above, you will receive an additional 250 MB of free storage to go with the standard 2GB of free storage. As a bonus, I will also receive 250 MB of bonus storage. :wink:
---

Edit: I should also add that this method works best if the report is generated in Split Top Mode rather than Single File mode. Otherwise, a person trying to view your catalog can get a little frustrated waiting for the browser to render the images.
Last edited by gpzbc on Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
--
The gpzbc
Can`t start the script..

Post by Can`t start the script.. »

Hi big fan of the Monkey...
And i lov the script.
But when i downloaded it, and install, i can`t find it???
where do i start the script..
?
Thx Dex
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Can`t start the script.. wrote:Hi big fan of the Monkey...
And i lov the script.
But when i downloaded it, and install, i can`t find it???
where do i start the script..
?
Thx Dex
I asked the same question recently. :D

File > Create Reports > Advanced Report.
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

I too had the problem with installing
- I started MM as Admin
- installed Advanced Report - everything looked OK
- But AdvancedReport did not show up in: File > Create Reports > Advanced Report

After copying the following to Scripts.ini, becauser there was no entry for AdvancedReport, everything went fine

Code: Select all

[AdvancedReport]
Filename=AdvancedReport.vbs
Procname=AdvancedReport
Order=22
DisplayName=Advanced Report
Description=Create an advanced html report
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=1
... No problem with Custom Report, Genre finder, Magic nodes, Regexp find&replace,
but had also problem with Advanced Report 5.5 (Hmmm, ... still running on Vista, no problem on XP before))

kind regards
big isch
Last edited by Big Isch on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
eMachine

Post by eMachine »

Hi-
I tried to install the script but failed- I opened MM as admin, ran the installer. I closed MM, re-opened normally, but no file menu entry for AdvancedReport and no entry for the script in the extension window. When I closed MM and then reopened it as admin, the script shows up in the extension menu, but again no file menu entry. I followed the advice of other posters and edited my script.ini file with the recommended entry. I then closed MM and reopened normally- no listing for the script in the extensions window and no file menu entry.

I closed MM, reopened as admin. The script now appears in the extension window AND there is a listing for the script in the file menu. But when I try to run it, I get a VBS runtime error 13. I closed MM, reopened normally, no file menu listing and no listing for the script in the extension window.

Am I missing something obvious?!
dypsis

Single File Report

Post by dypsis »

Is there a way to make a single file report and still have it perform OK?
I tried creating a Single File Web Archive (MHT), but it was far too slow.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Big Isch - well the installers for those scripts are all the same, so my guess is that Windows was the cause of this.

@eMachine - this behaviour occurs when you have a copy of "Scripts.ini" in your "VirtualStore", you probably want to delete this to avoid it.

@dypsis - unfortunately not, browsers simply can't cope with a DOM that large, hence the multi-page modes.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
eMachine

Post by eMachine »

VirtualStore ? I am unfamiliar with where this is located (I am running Vista Premium 64 bit).

eMachine
eMachine

Post by eMachine »

Sorry, I have found the VirtualStore. Will deleting the scripts file here be safe? I thought that the virtualization files here are the ones that Vista reads.....
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Vista puts copies of files here when you don't have administration rights and so you end up with two copies of the files. Personally I make sure none of my MM stuff ends up in the VirtualStore, to avoid the situation that you are experiencing right now.
eMachine

Post by eMachine »

Thanks, that solved the problem.

Is there a good tutorial anywhere that covers the ins and outs of the script (which is pretty cool, BTW!)? The interface is reasonably intuitive, but have you posted any kind of users guide kinda thing??
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

There isn't a user guide, but you can learn a lot if you quickly scan this forum thread. There are lots of tips and tweaks posted. I also posted my customized CSS a few posts back.
Good Luck
--
The gpzbc