Seriously, we NEED a theme/skin gallery!

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: Seriously, we NEED a theme/skin gallery!

Post by rovingcowboy »

DreadM wrote:Greetings
Peke wrote:As I already pointed here work is in progress
Nice site peke and i hope it works onetime :wink:

But I'm bit confused what's about this site you can found in this post ?
thats the one i said was partly done. rusty keeps telling me it was just to test what works for downloads and stuff but they got busy on mm 4 and had to put that on the side again, he was surprised when i knew the url since it was just for testing. i have not got any notice to upload there yet so who knows when it will be finished. i did put my skins on pekes site. i'm not sure if they are old skins or new ones anymore?? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

My point was that the current offering is not that good and it's not a gallery at all. There are a few skins that have been selected by whoever posted them (guess a moderator or someone from the MM team).

It's a hassle searching for a skin because of this and the forum is a pain because there are regular posts in between skin posts. A forum JUST with skins would be an improvement.

I hope MM will step up the game a little bit with development of the player (better GUI) and better ad-on/skin management. Others are getting so much better and MM doesn't have too much to fight with for new users. (1) A bit outdated GUI (2) no ad-on/skin management (3) A bit complicated to get your head around in the beginning.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I'll put it online for a 24h so that you can see the engine test look http://www.happymonkeying.com/indextest.php
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

And what happen with this (unofficial) project? : http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons2/brow ... nce/skins/
It's supposed to handle direct automatic updates from the the Extentions panel in MM.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Peke

Post by Peke »

Both sites are two different engines, each one with its pros/cons. When merge and final design is talked about. Like RC told MediaMonkey quality and evolution is priority so development is slowed down due new features that are implemented in MM 4.0 which will improve overall handling and user experience.

Both sites are testable but not fully functional.
Best regards,
Peke
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Thanks Peke to clarify this. :)
Peke

Post by Peke »

No problem, it was my pleasure.
Best regards,
Peke
tgriff9020 (Irshjet35)

Post by tgriff9020 (Irshjet35) »

Vyper wrote:
tgriff9020 (irshjet35) wrote:We have one http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... n_To_Skins.
Didn't I already answer the question? :roll: :P

I didnt see the link, like RC had stated. Sorry :oops: :)
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

rovingcowboy wrote:
DreadM wrote:Greetings
Peke wrote:As I already pointed here work is in progress
Nice site peke and i hope it works onetime :wink:

But I'm bit confused what's about this site you can found in this post ?
thats the one i said was partly done. rusty keeps telling me it was just to test what works for downloads and stuff but they got busy on mm 4 and had to put that on the side again, he was surprised when i knew the url since it was just for testing. i have not got any notice to upload there yet so who knows when it will be finished. i did put my skins on pekes site. i'm not sure if they are old skins or new ones anymore?? :o
This site looks great, just downloaded nohitter's CleanMM (posible the best skin I've found) from it. Sure there are still things to work out at the back end but as an end user I don't see anything wrong with this.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Peke wrote:I'll put it online for a 24h so that you can see the engine test look http://www.happymonkeying.com/indextest.php
Lookin' Good!!!!
Thanks.
--
The gpzbc