Vision Skin v 2.0.0.0 (07.01.2012)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DreadM

Re: Vision Skin v 1.1.0.0

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

OK ,here we go.
What you see is the Slim Vision Float player on a small peace from vision wallpaper.

On right side from player are the maximize and close buttons ,the minus image before volume control is the mute button,Seekbar on top use the hole space from top area.

The Float Player comes as an zip file,it contains the .ini and .mskn file ,this you have to copy in the vision skin file and overwrite the old ones.

Open the vision.msz in Programs / Media Monkey / Skins with an zip program and copy the 2 files in it ,zip it back and rename zip to msz

Download:
VisionSlimFloatPlayer.zip

Some more Candy stuff!
When i start with the Vision skin i make also an set of Wallpapers ,and this is my favorite :
1980x1080

It's simple black with decent circle design and a mirrored MM3 logo,it's made for large monitors :wink:
If you like you can download here:
Vision Wallpaper

I hope i hit your taste with the slim player :D

Enjoy
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks!
I don't mind the width of the standard vision player, but I am going to download the slim player anyways. It might come in handy some day.
Thanks! Oh, and thanks for the wallpaper. I like dark and simple desktops.

Can I tell you what I miss most in the Vision Skin? I really miss the Spectrum Analyzer visualization like you have in Noir and GrauGrun. I know you are trying to keep the Vision Player clean and simple, and I can appreciate that. I just thought I would let you know.

As always, thanks for your great work!
--
The gpzbc
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Yes,clean and simple 8)
gpzbc wrote:I like dark and simple desktops.
me to :wink:, and gpzbc i found something in my secret archives that maybe interest you:

It's a total black Vision version without any borders and an Spectrum Analyzer visualization,

If you like you can copy this code into the Player.ini file

Code: Select all

[Visualization]
Type=Panel
Resizable=0,0,1,1
Pos=444,65
Size=70,23
Transperent=1
Switchable=1
InitialType=Spectrum
SPSteps=10
SPSectionsCount=10
SPBreaksSize=1
SPSpaceSize=2
SPSectionSize=5
SPDefaultSize=1
SPColorBands=10
SPColorMin=000000
SPColorMax=32353C
SPPeakColor=666666
SPPeakSize=1
SPPeakOffset=0
than you have a visualization like in the image above,normal it needs a defined background,but works also without (its black)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Awesome! Thank you!

I just copied the code into the player.ini, but this is what I get.
It appears I am missing the background. But I don't know how to do that. :oops:
Can you help? Thanks.
--
The gpzbc
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

gpzbc wrote:It appears I am missing the background. But I don't know how to do that.
Hm, i test it on win7 and it works ,but it's no problem ,it's easy to do :wink:

1:open (unzip)the skin.msz
2:now you need Theme editor 7, open it
3:than open from theme editor; File / Open / your skin file direction the player.mskn
4:select [ Objects ] in the left side tree
5:now you have to create a new object (upper right side [ Bitmab object 1x ]
6:now select the new Bitmap Object on the left side tree,
7:rename the new object on right side [Name:]to Visualization,set Hight to 23 and Width to 70 also on right side.hit Enter
8:now select also on right side [ Bitmap ],a new window appears ,select Background1.png on left side.
9:select with the mouse the area you need ,it have to be 23x70 pix,you see on upper left corner a little box [ Data ]with coordinates,must be (438:65)-(507:87),now hit Apply.
Save your file ,hit File / Save
zip your skin file again rename zip to msz , thats all

Maybe it sounds a bit complicated ,but if you do it one time and know how to do it's easy :wink:
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I will give it a try and learn something new.
Thanks.
--
The gpzbc
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

DreadM,

I added the visualization and got the same result as gpzbc...a white background. I then used your instructions to try to correct that issue and am now stumped.

Everything is fine until I get to number 9...select with the mouse the area you need ,it have to be 23x70 pix,you see on upper left corner a little box [ Data ]with coordinates,must be (438:65)-(507:87),now hit Apply.

I can't get the same coordinates you mention, matter of fact if I put the mouse in the lower right corner the coordinate is only 355:87. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what as I believe I followed your instructions to the letter.

Any thoughts?
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Try with a Text object instead.

- Remove previous Visualization object in the tree (with [X] on toolbar).
- Create a Text object under Objects in the tree. Name it "Visualization".
- Set its color properties to black. Size doesn't matter.

Works fine for me.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Eyal,

That did it. Cool, now I have another Vision skin. Thank you.
Riichall

Post by Riichall »

Thank you, the skin is absolutely beautiful. You crafty crafty man!!!
xero1017

Post by xero1017 »

Dread,

I have been using this skin since I got MM but I have had to recently switch skins due to a big problem (for me). When in the miniplayer, your skin horribly distorts the album art and other skins do not. I was wondering if you ever made a fix for that and if there is a fix for it??? I am in love with this skin but this error is quite unfortunate since the skin is otherwise absolutely perfect. A fix would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

sounds like they just got the code for the square used for the art the wrong size. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
xero1017

Post by xero1017 »

any idea what it should be? I can fix that myself probably
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

sure.

got the know how to go in to the player ini file do you?

if so go in there, see what the section for album art has listed as its size.

make sure it is square in numbers as in this example 5 x 5 not 45 x 78 or some strange combo.

but you also have to check the skin to make sure there is room for that to be made the same in both
numbers. or you might cover up part of the other functions of the skin.

oh that is the floatplayer ini file you need to change that in

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
xero1017

Post by xero1017 »

Hey i just checked the sizes and they were both square ... 68 x 68

I even checked the player and micro player .ini 's

....crap, any other suggestions?