VLC Player plugin (MM2VLC)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: VLC Player plugin (MM2VLC)

Post by Owyn »

Panel does not remember size & position after exit restart of MM. Goes back to default right docked status.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Ian, in case I am giving the wrong impression, the new version is much better than the version 1. V1 was not usable at all as a player, V2 has been stable in a lot of adhoc tests since I installed it. The crashes appear to be gone.

Thanks.

That being said, I have noticed that I have to manually move the seek bar to the end to advance tracks. Seems to get to about 5-10 seconds of finish and stay there.

Edit: Also noticed that I can not use the seek bar to actually advance the video. The VLC keyboard shortcuts, eg. Ctrl+Right Arrow, are also no longer available.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Functions tested that work:
-Pause/Resume
-Seek on start for bookmarked tracks (Podcasts)
-Stop
-Various video file types (AVI,M4V,M4P,WMV,MOV)
-Play from playlist (except for auto complete at end, need to manually advance seek bar to finish track)
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

Owyn wrote:Ian, in case I am giving the wrong impression, the new version is much better than the version 1. V1 was not usable at all as a player, V2 has been stable in a lot of adhoc tests since I installed it. The crashes appear to be gone.
Not all - your feedback is fantastic.
That being said, I have noticed that I have to manually move the seek bar to the end to advance tracks. Seems to get to about 5-10 seconds of finish and stay there.
Good find. I've never actually got that far. Funny, in the whole time I've developed this plugin, i've never actually watched anything...
Edit: Also noticed that I can not use the seek bar to actually advance the video. The VLC keyboard shortcuts, eg. Ctrl+Right Arrow, are also no longer available.
This one's a worry - I can seek OK on my install. It was the seek function that bothered me most on my first version.
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

Owyn wrote:Panel does not remember size & position after exit restart of MM. Goes back to default right docked status.
I'm using a persistant panel - perhaps there's something I've got to do on exit to save the state. Showing up my lack of MM knowledge here...

ian.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

ian.sorbello wrote:This one's a worry - I can seek OK on my install. It was the seek function that bothered me most on my first version.
Re-tested, working this time.
robojock

Post by robojock »

Hi Ian

Could you please just mention on your site that users who are running windows 64 bit that they should add the C++ runtimes to "sysWOW64" and not "system32" i added mine to "system32" folder and mm didnt detect the plugin but once i added it to "sysWOW64" folder mm detected the plugin :wink:

Thanks for the great plugin!!
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

robojock wrote:Hi Ian

Could you please just mention on your site that users who are running windows 64 bit that they should add the C++ runtimes to "sysWOW64" and not "system32" i added mine to "system32" folder and mm didnt detect the plugin but once i added it to "sysWOW64" folder mm detected the plugin :wink:

Thanks for the great plugin!!
Site updated.
Thanks for the heads up! :)

Cheers,
Ian.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

FYI:
I had a "Specified Module could not be found, Line 18, Col 4" error at start up of MM after initial install of VLC 1.1.
Fixed error by complete remove of VLC and re-install of VLC 1.1.
Creativinity

Post by Creativinity »

I am in love with this script. IN LOVE!

If you combine this with "Minilyrics" and "Lyrics & Subtitle Expert 3" you create a lyrics file which you then convert to subtitles. If you customize your global keys you create subtitles the easiest and fastest way possible.

If you need help with this email me at Creativinity@hotmail.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS WONDERFUL SCRIPT! (Yeah, I'm really this excited.)
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

Owyn wrote:FYI:
I had a "Specified Module could not be found, Line 18, Col 4" error at start up of MM after initial install of VLC 1.1.
Fixed error by complete remove of VLC and re-install of VLC 1.1.
Interesting... mm2vlc relies on the VLC ActiveX control - maybe the v1.1 installer doesn't update this control properly unless it's not there in the first place? - I'd say the control hangs onto parts of the older code-base (just a guess).

Owyn - you are giving this plugin a serious workout. :wink: thx.

Ian.
Penno

Post by Penno »

Hi all,
This is my fisrt post so please forgive any technical errors.

Im also getting a similar error message after following the install procedure

'Error # 2147418113''
'file C:\Programfiles\Mediamonkey\scripts\auto\mm2vlc.vbs line:18, column:4'
'Error happenedduring script execution - catastrophic failure'

I am able to see the mm2vlc player in input plugins. I can aslo see, tag and hear .avi and other video files, but do not see the panel or have any view options to be able show it

hope you can help, Im looking forward to seeing this one working

regards
Penno
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Did you re-install VLC?
Penno

Post by Penno »

Hi Owyn
No I didnt

Can you point me at the install file?

Thanks

Penno
Penno

Post by Penno »

Hi again,
I just realised this was a seperate component that is required and have googled and installed

Dont have any error messages on MM start up , so will try and see if things are working

Thanks
Penno