Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Auto Album DJ 3.6 - Updated 02/05/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Rouffian

Post by Rouffian »

Wow! Thanks. Media Monkey just got even better.
konus

Post by konus »

Occasionally I get the following error with Windows 7 64bit german / MM 3.2.0.1294 / Auto Album DJ 3.6
Error #13 - run time error in Microsoft VBScript
Typ incompatible: '[string: "(null)"]'
File "C: ............AutoAlbumDJ3.vbs", Line: 677, Column:2

If I go to Options > Player Auto-DJ / Playlist and press the more Button, I get the error:
Error executing script event.

Any help is appreciated
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means that the script did not install properly and the default settings have not been stored in the "Mediamonkey.ini" file. Please can you make sure you are running MM with raised priviledges and run the installation package again?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
saucy626

Post by saucy626 »

Every time I install Auto Album DJ it disappears from my "Add tracks from" choices after I close MediaMonkey and reopen it. This is what happens when I install it after running as an administrator. If I install the script normally it completely disapppears, even from the extension list after I open the program again. What do I do to make it stay, so I don't have to reinstall it constantly?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You probably have a copy of "Scripts.ini" in your Virtual Store which is different from the one in your actual MediaMonkey folder. I'd recommend always running MM as administrator and deleting the file in your Virtual Store.
saucy626

Post by saucy626 »

How do I find my "virtual store" folder? I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well mine is "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\", but I'm on Vista. Windows still has a search feature in 7, right? :)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

saucy626 wrote:How do I find my "virtual store" folder? I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
trixmoto wrote:Well mine is "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\", but I'm on Vista. Windows still has a search feature in 7, right? :)
I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and mine is in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\" too. Don't forget you have to "show hidden folders" in order to see your "AppData" folder.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Re: Auto Album DJ 3.7 - Updated 26/06/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.7) is now available to download from my website. I've fixed the "object required: list" error.

Post by Guest »

That's good thinking, as long as you're at the machine.
I was looking for a 'Shuffle Album' option. along the lines of how Banshee Media Player is setup. Though I am curious as to why not many players have this. seems like an obvious feature to me.

Otherwise I'm quite greatful for all your efforts. keep it up! w00t to you! :^D

.m
Al4MM

Post by Al4MM »

Just discovered this script. Absolutely brilliant and what I was looking for. Thank you.
Al4MM

Post by Al4MM »

It would be great to have a drop down list which selects the primary criteria for the Album Auto-DJ: album (as the script now operates) anbd also Artist, Album Artist, Genre etc.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "primary criteria" or where artist/album artist fit into the equation. :-?
Al4MM

Post by Al4MM »

trixmoto wrote:I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "primary criteria" or where artist/album artist fit into the equation. :-?
Thanks for picking up on the posting. At the moment the script selects albums randomly and plays a number of random tracks from that album (and it works great!). It would be nice feature for the script to have the option of also being able to select by artist. So instead of playing a selection from random albums, you would also have the option to play a selection from random artists (or other criteria for that matter).