The ability to SUBMIT to CDDB/FreeDB? [#3050]

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ReverendEntity

The ability to SUBMIT to CDDB/FreeDB? [#3050]

Post by ReverendEntity »

Since I have become an obsessive tagger with a refusal to admit that I have a problem, I am finding myself frequently irritated when an external source, such as Gracenote, reads my tag data and then fouls it up in some way. (I'm not saying that my tags are always perfect, but I have been striving to make them as accurate as possible where the main Artist/Track/Album data is concerned.) Now, I recall that QCD had the ability to submit info to CDDB, and I was wondering if a similar feature might not be implemented in MM for CDDB and/or FreeDB.

I understand that CDDB is a commercial service and why that could be cost prohibitive, but I just thought I would throw this out there. After all, why spend all that time obsessing over something and allowing a major service to come in and screw it up?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

CDDB support is another issue due to cost, but upload to FreeDB has been on the wishlist for a long time.
JimMiller

Re: The ability to SUBMIT to CDDB/FreeDB?

Post by JimMiller »

It's pretty simple functionality to submit, and yes, we have been asking for the ability to "Submit new albums to the FREEDB for new CD's" for a years.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Would love to see this feature added as well
DazB

Post by DazB »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »