Does Media Monkey Support Artist Fan Art?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Does Media Monkey Support Artist Fan Art?

Post by Guest »

I'm looking for an easy way to add Artist Fan art to my music collection so I have Artist pics when searching through my music library in XBMC I know MM will easily add cover art, but can it handle adding Fan Art/ Artist Art as well?

Cheers guys.
Lowlander

Re: Does Media Monkey Support Artist Fan Art?

Post by Lowlander »

You have the Artist option as Image Type.

Are you sure that XMBC supports embedded Artist Fan Art or is merely a file with a specific name that it looks for?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

MM does not directly support the xbmc -fanart.jpg files, only xbmc does that as far as I know.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think that meedios does too: http://meedios.com. It also has tools to grab these images from the net.
joeshmoe

Post by joeshmoe »

+1 for this feature.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Well if it's an external image then MediaMonkey supports it. You can define how you want to save images and in MediaMonkey you can associated the image as being Artist. XMBC would just read the external art and use it as fanart based on it's filename.
The missing link is most likely a script that can get these images from an online source much like Meedios can.
Belgrath

Post by Belgrath »

Anyone want to tackle writing up a script like this? To support the display/grabbing/indication that fanart is missing

+10 if someone would :)

Belg
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Monkeyrok can do this. It doesn't retrieve the files and store them on your computer but it looks up the images and displays them from the internet when a particular track is playing.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Belgrath

Post by Belgrath »

Yeah that's true. But I'm looking to actually have the files stored so that I could use something like XBMC in order to suck them into their DB for eventual playing in the MediaPC. MM is a complete powerhouse for organizing ones music and getting all of the tags sorted out, I'd like for it to help us with some additional arts/thumbs as well. Doing so would remove all need of any third part scrapers. And being able to link it into Database Inconsistancies, I'd be able to look thru the entire collection and see in a few seconds which artists haven't been addressed with files yet.

I use a few ways to play my tunes actually. MM, XBMC and even SageTV, but nothing compares to the tagging power of MM...Nothing.

Belg