Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

juglar103

Re: Magic Nodes 4.0 w/ 320 masks & real GUI (2010-06-24) [MM

Post by juglar103 »

I love you, man! Thxs!
zzxantrax07

Post by zzxantrax07 »

i changed the code but every path of a song.

the 2nd code showed every path of a song just like the modified 1st code.

my mediamonkey had about 15 restarts already. i can still see the updated album name nodes where the folder name = album name.
markeh

Displaying 40 recently added albums - FLAC left out..

Post by markeh »

I'm trying to display the 40 most recently added classical record albums. I had thought the following was working:

40 recently added CLASSICAL albums|Position:First child|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Songs.Custom1 = 'c' GROUP BY IDAlbum ORDER BY Min(DateAdded) DESC LIMIT 40)\<Artist>\<Album>

(obviously "c" means classical in my database)

But I realized the results were not right. I have started to add flac albums, and It appears that they aren't displayed, only mp3.

1. How can I get albums in any format to show up?

(btw, this mask:
Albums added in last 3 days|Icon:Top level|Filter:<Days since added> < 4|Position:First child\<Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Min(Time since added)|Sort key:0|Statistic:Min(Days since added)>
seems to show everything. )

2. Is there a better query to use?
I'm not sure why the query tests a count of track numbers (I copied this from the forum)

Thanks,

ZvezdanD

Re: Displaying 40 recently added albums - FLAC left out..

Post by ZvezdanD »

markeh wrote:I realized the results were not right. I have started to add flac albums, and It appears that they aren't displayed, only mp3.

1. How can I get albums in any format to show up?
Your mask is all right. That mask doesn't contain anything related to the file format, so the problem is caused by something else. Your result doesn't have displayed flac files most probably because you didn't enter "c" for custom field to them or you have some filter activated which doesn't include flac files.
markeh wrote:(btw, this mask:
Albums added in last 3 days|Icon:Top level|Filter:<Days since added> < 4|Position:First child\<Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Min(Time since added)|Sort key:0|Statistic:Min(Days since added)>
seems to show everything. )
Well, I don't know what you are getting with that mask, but its name should be better called as "Tracks added in last 3 days" with these tracks grouped by Artist\Album. So, if you have some albums which have only few tracks recently added, and other tracks added much before, those albums will be displayed as well. If you want to display only albums which have all tracks added in last 3 days then you could try this:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Albums...|Show tracks:No>\Complete albums with all tracks added in last 3 days|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 AND Max(<Days since added>) < 4)\<Album with album artist|Sort by:Max(Days since added)|Sort order:Desc>
markeh wrote:2. Is there a better query to use? I'm not sure why the query tests a count of track numbers (I copied this from the forum)
On which query do you mean? There is none you mentioned which tests a count of track numbers. The predefined mask for recently added albums have test for a count of tracks to be equal to the maximal track number because it displays only complete albums.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
markeh

Post by markeh »

Your mask is all right. That mask doesn't contain anything related to the file format, so the problem is caused by something else. Your result doesn't have displayed flac files most probably because you didn't enter "c" for custom field to them or you have some filter activated which doesn't include flac files.
I have no filter (that I know of) turned on. The mask below works as expected, and includes all tracks, flac or mp3, also all track types (classical, jazz, etc...):
That leads me to the conclusion that the problem is in
Songs.Custom1 = 'c'
Regular MM searches allow me to specify class, and things work as expected. But I'm guessing that the value is stored such that Songs.Custom1 means something different on flac files than on mp3. Perhaps flac files use a different field? Any suggestions?

thnx (again)

Dussault

Post by Dussault »

I have been trying out this mask:

Genres (count)|Child of:Location\<Genre|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Album Artist|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)>
It displays the genre list as, ex: "Genre (5 album artists)", but I would like it to display the genre list as "Genre (5)". It is unnecessary to tell me that it is album artists when I know that this is what is next up in the tree; all it does, for me, is clutter the screen. Does anyone know how I can see things as "Genre (5)"?

Cheers!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Dussault wrote:Does anyone know how I can see things as "Genre (5)"?
It is not possible with the current version of this add-on. However, there are at least 4 things because this is not recomended:
1. Statistic qualifier's Count function could accept any field as argument, not only Items, e.g. Count(Title);
2. Statistic qualifier could accept any aggregate function, not only Count, e.g. Max(Bitrate);
3. Statistic qualifier could accept two or more aggregate functions, e.g. Count(Items), Max(Bitrate);
4. Statistic qualifier could accept two or more Count functions, e.g. Count(Artist), Count(Album), Count(Tracks).

So, if you skip the number sufix, you would not know what is really displayed without looking at the mask.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chris_go

Post by chris_go »

Hi ZvezdanD,

actuallly i am asking this question on behalf of a friend of mine who has some problems with understanding the documentation etc. in English:

Is it possible to translate your MagicNodes into other languages e.g. German?
If so, how could i assist?

Do you know about any translations that have already been done?

Regards

Chris
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chris_go wrote:i am asking this question on behalf of a friend of mine who has some problems with understanding the documentation etc. in English:

Is it possible to translate your MagicNodes into other languages e.g. German?
If so, how could i assist?

Do you know about any translations that have already been done?
I am thinking about adding a support for multiple languages, but I am waiting to see if MM developers would add something to the program with this in regard since there was already some talking about that. However, when this happens it would include only text in MN dialog boxes and eventually captions of Magic nodes. Regarding to the documentation, as far as I know, there is only one PDF file in English written by Rick Parsons long time ago, so even it is outdated. If you are willing to translate that PDF document to German, I would be really glad. Also, when I decide to implement multi-language support for dialog boxes, I would contact you in PM to see if you could help me with the translations.
declan

Post by declan »

I'd like to make a node, which lists all a songwriters' co-writers eg -

1. Paul McCartney
- John Lennon
- Linda McCartney
- Denny Laine
- Elvis Costello

And so on

I've tried ...

Most Co-Songwriters|Show tracks:No|icon:top level\<Composer|Show rank:Yes|Sort by:Count(Composer) Desc|Top:10>\<Composer|Show rank:Yes|Sort by:Count(Tracks) Desc|Unknown:No|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>
But this just lists each songwriter as having only one collaborator - Themselves!

I think this is because it's a multi item field and treats each songwriter as an item on its own, so it looks for Paul McCartney, finds him, but doesn't look for a second songwriter.

Any idea how I get around this?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

declan wrote:I'd like to make a node, which lists all a songwriters' co-writers
Maybe you could try:

Most Co-Songwriters|Show tracks:No|Icon:Top level\<Multi composer|Show rank:Yes|Sort by:Count(Composer) Desc|Top:10|Split by:;|Split Mode:String Part|Split part:1>\<Multi composer|Show rank:Yes|Unknown:No|Split by:;|Split Mode:Parts After|Split part:1>
If you are using "; " (with a space character) as a separator instead of ";", then you should modify Split by qualifier appropriately.

It would be better if I have added First Composer and Other Composer fields to the script, beside of First/Other Artist/Album Artist/Genre, but I though that nobody would need them.

However, there is one big problem with such approach: the order of items is very important, e.g. tracks with "Paul McCartney;John Lennon" would be treated differently then "John Lennon;Paul McCartney".
declan

Post by declan »

Thanks for the help but I'm getting this error message -

http://img844.imageshack.us/i/cosongerror.jpg/

when I use that node.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

declan wrote:Thanks for the help but I'm getting this error message -

http://img844.imageshack.us/i/cosongerror.jpg/

when I use that node.
You should use the latest version. What is new: v4.0.4 - 2010-06-24
Fixed: error with Multi Composer field.
declan

Post by declan »

Oh sorry! I thought I was up to date.

That's worked, but you are correct, it only lists the tracks where a songwriter is the first named.
Funkafonik

Post by Funkafonik »

Hopefully someone can help me out, I had been using Nodes for a while, but for the past few weeks, everytime I select my special Nodes, it makes my MM unresponsive, here are my masks:

Average Albums - Artists|Show tracks:No\<Artist|Show tracks:No|Unknown:No>\<Album|Top:100|Unknown:No|Show tracks:No|Sort by:WAvg(Played) Desc|Min tracks:2>

Average Albums - Year|Show tracks:No\<Decade|Show tracks:No>\<Year>\<Album|Top:100|Unknown:No|Show tracks:No|Sort by:WAvg(Played) Desc|Min tracks:3>

Both used to work flawlessly, but are unusable now for some unknown reason.