How to remove to Recycle Bin from Now Playing?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

gggirlgeek

How to remove to Recycle Bin from Now Playing?

Post by gggirlgeek »

I can't believe there is not a right click or keyboard option to remove the track you're currently listening to from the computer and send it to the Recycle Bin (directly from Now Playing.) The only thing I have found is by pressing shift+delete I can permanently delete the tune. This is too risky. Also finding "more from same" or Searching is just more PITA than one needs to deal with for 100's of files. I could mark them with 1 star and delete them later but again, PITA I shouldn't have to deal with. All other players allow deleting from the playlist editor.

There is an old script I've found for this but it seems not to be working in the current MM version. I am currently using a clumsy work around by bypassing Now Playing and staying in the Library node, and having "Find Currently Playing Track" script highlight the current track -- Very awkward since I have to look at 10,000+ tracks and can't see the next qued track.

I understand why the default is set this way but am I the only one who likes to weed through new files while listening to them throughout the day? Has anyone else found a convenient (2-click-max) solution to this?
My current favorite software: MediaMonkey Gold!
MusicBringer

Re: How to remove to Recycle Bin from Now Playing?

Post by MusicBringer »

Dunno if this will help.
Review your setting for Confirmations.
Go to Options>General>Confirmations.
See what ticks you have and have-not.
Hope that helps :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Lowlander

Re: How to remove to Recycle Bin from Now Playing?

Post by Lowlander »

Confirm desired options on removal of Tracks from Now Playing should control this. Enabling it should present you with options to remove from Now Playing only or also from library or also from PC.