ION Skin v 0.6

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DreadM

Re: ION Skin v 0.6

Post by DreadM »

LV Skins are already done ,look here :
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p197025
or first post. :wink:
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

DreadM wrote:LV Skins are already done ,look here :
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p197025
or first post. :wink:
Oh man. How did I miss that?

I need to visit the Forum more often. :)

Thanks mate... :wink:
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

DreadM, Thanks for the reply about the MR wide ION-V skin. I'll give what you suggested a try.

Is there any way to adjust the brightness of the time displays and the lower right icons? On my system they are not viewable from a normal distance from the monitor, but I can make them out if I get very close to the monitor. Is there a way that the time displays can be the same brightness as the song title? Also is there a way to make the icons (shuffle, etc) brighter so that I could use them?
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
pkw115 wrote:
Is there any way to adjust the brightness of the time displays and the lower right icons?

Time display can be change easy, open Player.ini and change :
in
[TimeDisplay]
and
[Custom6]

FontColor= from 9D9D9D to 424242 (for Ion)
FontColor= from 1E395B to 4BAADD (for Ion-V)

Here are helpfull sites to find the ini files:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... h_for_MM_3

shuffle, etc buttons are not so easy to change ,for this you must replace the image files in player.mskn
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

DreadM, Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try.
JMRP92

Post by JMRP92 »

i have this problem Image

i cant manage to have the full skin, i mean the reflections, the font, the icons, etc...

how do i get em D:?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

JMRP92 wrote:i mean the reflections
Are you using MediaMonkey 3.1? This would be required for reflections.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Custom icons also require MM 3.1.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
JMRP92

Post by JMRP92 »

hahaha nooo xD i will install it, can you give me the link for he MM 3.1. please ((:

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMo ... 0.1242.exe

Keep in mind that this isn't a final release so backup your database before installing. You shouldn't have any problems (I haven't) but ya never know.
Stop Button Freak
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

First of all, note that I haven't read through the thread (as there is quite a few posts) so this may have already been discussed/explained. However in your screen shot in the first post, the Ion skin shows a border of sorts between the Tree panel and the main panel. However after installing it, I find that there is no distinguishable border there which bothers me. One other (personal) issue I see with the skin is the Artwork window. The top and left sides are gray(?) with the right and bottom border being white. This makes it a little difficult to distinguish between unintentional white space on covers (due to a bad scan or crop) and the border already there. Is there a way of making those areas gray as well instead of white?

EDIT: Nevermind on the second issue. Turns out it was the MonkeyRok album art window that was the problem. Appears to only be an issue with it.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

happy birthday Mizery_Made ,
i don't know how close you are with the theme editor7,

you can change the Align to saRight then border displays left side :-? somehow strange :roll: ,
if you can not handle let me know :wink:
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

There it is. Thanks. :) While I was at it, I copied it and changed the copies settings to how it originally was, so there is a border on both sides if I have MonkeyRok open (which is docked on the right). That isn't going to break anything... is it? The question is probably a tell-tell sign, but I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to skins.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I'm back again. I've been using this skin since I came to ask you about the border back in October, shows how often I change skins, lol. Anyway, while I love the overall design of the skin and everything, there is one thing that bothers me at time. It's brightness! It's not really that bad, but I'm someone who tends to prefer darker skins (evident by the fact Vision was my long standing skin prior to switching to this one). So I'm kind of wondering what the chances of you dusting this skin off to do a kind of... uh... "Ion Dark" if you will. You've got Ion-V with the darker player (though not a big fan of the chosen color, more of a red and black fan myself) but that's where it ends. The tree, tracklist, etc. are still light like the normal version. I had a hard enough time following your instructions to "fix" the border so I imagine an "color scheme change" is out of my reach, lol.

The skin is quite old and I know you skinners can't make everyone happy with their own personal customized version, so if you don't want to mess with it for whatever reason that's fine, but I thought it couldn't hurt to at least toss the idea of a darker version out there.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

well, Mizery_Made at the moment i have no plans to make any change to the MM3 Skins,
still waiting for the official MM4 release , than i will convert some skins to MM4 ,but not all ! (but Ion/7on for shure)
At the moment it looks like that non of the dark skins works/looks nice with the new aero frame support from MM4 :(

But you can overwrite the tree and list background,
post a screenshot with some background colors you like ,and i look what i can do ,
but can't promise anything ! :wink: