Playlist Panel 3.1 (2010-09-19)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

CeeDub

Re: Playlist Panel 3.0 (2010-03-28)

Post by CeeDub »

Sorry, I tried all the skins I have and I get a standard, skin-style scrollbar on every one of them. No idea what may cause this. Do you have access to another computer you could try this on? Works fine on both of mine.
MediaMonkey 3.2.x on Win 7 Home Premium (HTC Desire / Creative ZEN 16GB)
Check out my Playlist Panel script.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

It works fine in Win Xp but it is not working on my Win7 64 system. I will try it on my laptop when I get home to see if it works on that Win7.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Here is something weird, I started MM from the run command in admin mode and now I have scrollbars, I have never had any problems with permissions or anything before and I always install MM as an admin.

pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

CeeDub, Thanks for this script. I was glad to learn that I could refressh the playlist list by opening and closing options. I had been restarting MM as per the first post which says "If you add a new playlist, the panel will not show it until you restart MM." I would echo Nynaevelan's request for a button to update the scrtipt as well, though as she says, opening and closing the options is better that restarting MM. Perhpas the first post could be updated to reflect this new behavior.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I'm sorry if the answer to this question is obvious, but how is the skin for Playlist Panel supposed to work? I love having the playlist panel showing, but it only shows one color and is often different from the skin I am using. I can only get Playlist Panel to be a gray color, no matter what skin I am using. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks for a great script.
--
The gpzbc
CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

Version 3.1 is up!

Only a small change in this one: The View menu now has a command to "Refresh playlist panel". Hope that's okay with y'all.
nynaevelan wrote:
CeeDub wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:2. If the track doesn't belong to any playlists, then list all the others according to the view mode selected.
You probably usually use the "checked only" mode, correct? The others should always display all available playlists. If not, let me know, then something'd be very wrong.
I had the checked mode first then the others but once I restarted after changing it was working with the changed mode.
So... does that mean the problem is fixed for you now? I'm still not sure I understood you correctly in the first place.
gpzbc wrote:How is the skin for Playlist Panel supposed to work? I love having the playlist panel showing, but it only shows one color and is often different from the skin I am using. I can only get Playlist Panel to be a gray color, no matter what skin I am using. Is this expected behavior?
This is... expected, yes. :wink: I just never got around to making the panel skinnable, so it still uses the default (presumably Windows-) style. It's on my ToDo list, though.
nynaevelan

Re: Playlist Panel 3.1 (2010-09-19)

Post by nynaevelan »

Yes it's fixed and I do not understand what the problem is either. :lol: :lol:

pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Cee Dub, Great update to a great script. I use it everyday and appreciate your adding the button to update the panel. Thanks again.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks!
--
The gpzbc
quezacoatl

Re: See and manage which playlists a song is assigned to

Post by quezacoatl »

Eyal wrote:Hi,
I never managed to make it work. When I start MM, I get this error:

Any idea why? Running latest version, MM 3.2.0.1294 on Win XP.

Thank you.
Am having the same trouble as Eyal above.
Is there a way to fix it? From my understanding this is caused by having sub-playlists in my playlist panel?
CeeDub

Re: See and manage which playlists a song is assigned to

Post by CeeDub »

quezacoatl wrote:Am having the same trouble as Eyal above.
Is there a way to fix it? From my understanding this is caused by having sub-playlists in my playlist panel?
In Eyal's case, this error was caused by one of his auto-playlists being parent of other playlists. Since the panel ignores the auto-playlists, trying to attach child nodes to non-existing parents causes an error.

I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior, neither with an auto-playlists as a child of a regular playlist nor as a parent. I'd be grateful for a screenshot of a playlist tree that causes the error (and, if you can fix it by rearranging the playlists, a screenshot of a working tree), so I can try to fix it in at least such a way that the script doesn't crash anymore.
Quezacoatl

Post by Quezacoatl »

CeeDub wrote:this error was caused by one of his auto-playlists being parent of other playlists. Since the panel ignores the auto-playlists, trying to attach child nodes to non-existing parents causes an error.
I see.. I think that I have the same situation as him then.. I organize my playlists like this since its more intuitive and manageable if I organize them this way..
Here is a pic of what my playlist tree if it helps..

Hopefully there is a way around this. Thanks for your time regardless. It is a very good script. (I was using it before I organized my playlists)
CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

Thanks, that's very helpful. Unfortunately, a fix may take some time. As a workaround, the error should occur only in the tree mode (default). If you switch to any other display option in the settings tab, the script should work fine. Really sorry for the inconvenience!

Post by Guest »

Thank you Ceedub!
Switching the display option to anything other than tree mode worked for me. Script is running without any errors now. Thanks!
JDz

Post by JDz »

That's really useful. Thank You :)